Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

KABAM Add a Training Mode

I propose KABAM add a training mode to the game. This would allow players to hone their skills, and would also aid new players by allowing them to practice with no penalty and seasoned players can test out damage output for certain characters and synergies.

Training Mode Features:
1) No energy cost (gives players something to do while waiting for energy cooldowns, raid cooldown, etc)
2)Can only use bots you have unlocked
3)Can choose weather or not the bot you want to train with will have max stats or not
4)No rewards
5)able to fight against any bot you have unlocked
6)Have access to various settings such as no specials, AI won't attack, etc
7)can add mods to AI or yourself

I know a lot of you are going to say "But that's what arena mode is for" Arena has rewards tied to it. Training mode will have none. On top of that, you can't fight against a specific bot with a specific rating on it.

Training mode would be highly beneficial for noobs and pros alike. It allows pros to test out certain characters and see if they are worth ranking up or not (resources are scarce for some I never have enough t2 class sparks), gives players something to do while they wait for cooldowns, and allows newer players to become accustomed to the game-which I might add, is paramount because it can take quite a bit of time to get used to the combat system in this game.

Im aware monetization is an issue for KABAM (it's a business I get it.) so some compromises may need to be made in order for this mode to get added if the devs see this.

If anyone has any ideas drop them below. If you have any problems with this, air your grievances in a civil manner I want discussion not needless insults.

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    edited August 2018
    Only fight with bots you unlocked?
    Kinda seems a bit pointless. Take this for example
    I am having trouble taking out bludgeon but I doo not possess any rarity of him. Soo there fore I am not able to train against him and become a better fighter against him.
    Having the ability to fight any bot weither I have them or not would make more sense.
  • Good suggestion!! You may try your hands at rok as well and improve your skills though.
  • Only fight with bots you unlocked?
    I am having trouble taking out bludgeon but I doo not possess any rarity of him. Soo there fore I am not able to train against him and become a better fighter against him.
    Having the ability to fight any bot weither I have them or not would make more sense.

See here's the thing. When I wrote this, I had to take into account that that might make people spend less money on crystals and I don't think KABAM wants to lose money; otherwise i would've been all for It
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    "the Bots you've unlocked" isn't what Kabam may consider.
    You can use your any bot to fight any other bot,, both will have same sign,rank level as they have now, Masteries bonus included..
    So you can try low level 3* version of bot who maxed or r4 4*. To try them against far stronger bot and practice

See here's the thing. When I wrote this, I had to take into account that that might make people spend less money on crystals and I don't think KABAM wants to lose money; otherwise i would've been all for It

This would not grant you access to use bots you don’t have but too Fight the bots that are available. No early access bots. For example I wanted too Fight cliffjumper but I am unable to since he hasn’t been added yet. Wheeljack applies as well since he’s hasn’t been made playable at the time of this post. This would need the player too chooose a quest with a certain bot and rarity. Why not set up a chapter system so the player can choose a quest with the desired mods. It would be able to have a preset boss but with random nodes. No rewards just practice.

This would not grant you access to use bots you don’t have but too Fight the bots that are available. No early access bots. For example I wanted too Fight cliffjumper but I am unable to since he hasn’t been added yet. Wheeljack applies as well since he’s hasn’t been made playable at the time of this post. This would need the player too chooose a quest with a certain bot and rarity. Why not set up a chapter system so the player can choose a quest with the desired mods. It would be able to have a preset boss but with random nodes. No rewards just practice.

The goal is to consolidate everything. A chapter system would defeat the purpose of the that. If you've ever played Naruto or any other fighting game, you go into practice mode, you can use and fight whomever you want. Settings can be changed mid fight. For example, if I'm in the middle of the fight and I want the AI to use only ranged attacks, I can just pause the game and change that setting there rather needing to leave the game. A quest system with chapters doesn't appeal to me and it's what I want to avoid. The ultimate goal is to pick any bot you want and fight against another bot of your choosing.
  • "the Bots you've unlocked" isn't what Kabam may consider.
    You can use your any bot to fight any other bot,, both will have same sign,rank level as they have now, Masteries bonus included..
    So you can try low level 3* version of bot who maxed or r4 4*. To try them against far stronger bot and practice

What I had in mind was bot ratings, rarity, etc can be adjusted prior to starting the fight. If you've ever played a Naruto game, when you go into practice mode, you can choose what difficulty you want. (How aggresive the AI will be) We already have an aggression meter, KABAM should just enable us to adjust the slider
  • Good suggestion!! You may try your hands at rok as well and improve your skills though.

I dislike doing that, cause if i get hit by one special, im screwed and if the bot i want to use dies, i gotta quit and re enter