Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Opinions: Best Bot for the Job

Hey All,

We're gonna kick up a thread here to discuss which Bot is best for which situations! Our Bot team has spent a lot of time making sure that all of our Bots/Synergies have a place in the Game, but sometimes it's not so easy to figure out just what that place is, or to find the Bot you need when you're up against a new challenge.

So this is the place for you all to tell us, and each other, what is your favourite Bot in game for certain situations! Have a Bot that you always use against Power Drainers or Evaders? How about against Harm Accelerator? Let us know!

This thread may take a while to get going, but we're gonna leave it up, so it's gonna stick around here for whenever you have thoughts, or need to find some tips! Now keep in mind, this is all about your personal opinion, so please stay kind and respectful towards each other. If you disagree, don't just say that you disagree (and call somebody names), tell us who you think is the Best Bot for the Job instead!

(The new Spotlight Mission kicks off soon... Maybe you'll have some tips you want to share?)

Comments

• Optimus Prime MV1 against Harm Accelerator

/thread
  • DeadSilenceDeadSilence Posts: 101
    edited August 2018
    Grimlock & Primal is great against Bonecrusher
    Both need to be duped

/thread

But what about against a Cheetor? Willpower isn't going to do you much good when you're heal blocked for the entire fight, is it now?
  • Which bot will make me a better player?
  • For raids I love my beast team consisting of Primal, Cheetor, and Rhinox. Primal for Harm Accelerator (purifies and heals from the bleed); plus then you can use SP1 and make your opponent bleed. Cheetor will shut down those annoying repair modules if you can time his SP1 right, and Rhinox helps on the Robot Resource mods by power locking.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    edited August 2018
    @CandKane couldn’t agree more about prowl, he’s the ultimate go-to bot. And @Darm0k I’m not sure they’d look at nerfing bots, so this thread may not be a bad thing. There have been many threads complaining of bots needing a buff, yet none in recent times of a bot being overpowered (not including mods). In asking us who we think the best are, I believe they want to bring the others up to par, not to nerf the best.

Anyway, best bot for harm accelerator is a bot of the class advantaged over the bot on base. That reduction to their attack goes a long way to negating the damage from HA. Certainly would never bring mv1 up against a tact on HA, but that’s why I bring ironhide.

Edited for spelling.
  • PS. I just used Harm Accelerator and Power Drain Bots as examples. You all know there are some tricky situations that come up in game. Comment on anything you'd like!
  • dtorreskaterdtorreskater Posts: 118
    edited August 2018
    I r5'd my hot rod with my first t3 warrior spark because seriously I think he is one of the most important situational bots in the game. I bring him to Alliance Missions simply for that annoying cat that gives me so much trouble. What he does, he does the best.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Spotlight easy mode- ironhide. Heavy and battle ends in two seconds.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Ratchet vs Galvatron in the previous Shattered Lands AM Map Layout. Even if one link was up, Ratchet’s abilities usually helped me take down the 1st mini-boss. One time, I took 4 Galvagun Overcharges... & still won the fight. Another time I started w/ under 400 health, took 3 Galvagun Overcharges... & still won.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Cheetor can be good for Energon Shield because of his repair block. Especially when the mod is defective like the one Blaster had last month in Expert.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited August 2018
    So this confirms my deepest fear: you guys can't read or don't have access to statistics.
    A simple tap into the game data will (or should) tell you which bots are used most in AM/Spotlight, which bots have the highest win rate, etc.
    Other than that, this kind of 'which is the best bot/tier list' thread is everywhere on the forum.
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    Rhinox, when Kabam buff bosses over much
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2018
    So this confirms my deepest fear: you guys can't read or don't have access to statistics.
    A simple tap into the game data will (or should) tell you which bots are used most in AM/Spotlight, which bots have the highest win rate, etc.
    Other than that, this kind of 'which is the best bot/tier list' thread is everywhere on the forum.

No... This to to help other players, and to create some involvement, awareness and discussion within the player community. The dev team most certainly can see who is choosing what bots in which situations.

They may not fully understand why, but they have the information.

So much "Sky is falling" mentality from the community sometimes.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Manthro wrote: »
    No... This to to help other players, and to create some involvement, awareness and discussion within the player community. The dev team most certainly can see who is choosing what bots in which situations.

Then this post should be here, officially, from day 1. I mean after all this common practice talking about which bot is good or giving in-depth ideas about some "meh" bots, they are saying "OK let's start from scratch"?
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited August 2018
    I don't play this game competetively or whatever word I'm thinking of, should I start trying to understand what's going on here?
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Here's a list to help get the ball rolling as well.

Evasion Bots/Mods - Hot Rod (maybe Drift and BC)

Harm Accelerators/Shock Blocks, Melee Bleeds, Ranged Shock mods - Grimlock (can handle all), MV1 (bleeds), Primal (bleeds and all if Beast Purification synergy), Kickback (shock only)

Energon Shield, basic shielding - Bee GS (can handle all), Starscream (duped)

Power gain mods/bots - Prowl, Shockwave, Bee GS (sp2 power lock), Barricade, Kickback

Janitorial duties on away missions - Mixmaster, Grindor, Waspinator, Sideswipe

You forgot hound on janitorial duites, just thought I would help you out there.
  • Rachet against Lag

Anyway, nice to them now trying to use non-in game mechanism to stimulate players after two years.

Hehehe
  • Prowl and Jazz for almost any situation. Power control is crucial in this game PERIOD. Prowl's special 1 will drain an entire power bar. Gone are the days of getting hit by a special 3 with him. Same with jazz. Jazz's Confusion debuf will more often than not force the enemy to use their special. With confusion active you'll know when a special is coming meaning you'll know when to dodge it or block it.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I r5'd my hot rod with my first t3 warrior spark because seriously I think he is one of the most important situational bots in the game. I bring him to Alliance Missions simply for that annoying cat that gives me so much trouble. What he does, he does the best.

I agree with you...Hot Rod is priceless against those overly evasive boots in spotlight. I did find a challenge against the new spotlight evadees that are immune to all debuffs...anyway I took mine to r5 first red spark I got

/thread

But what about against a Cheetor? Willpower isn't going to do you much good when you're heal blocked for the entire fight, is it now?

Drift for his precision and hound for he can still shoot cheetor against his abilities. Finally some use of hound.
    edited August 2018

Well, for that you need to get hit by his SP1. Avoid it and you're not heal blocked

@SparkShredder Hound is the worst bot in the game, some may argue the sharks are better.
    edited August 2018
    Kenny wrote: »
    @SparkShredder Hound is the worst bot in the game, some may argue the sharks are better.

And why are you even tagging me :D .. I didn't said anything about Hound, .. It was about MV1's Willpower.
    And For hound, He just needs a bot who only has ranged evades, and little skill to control him, He's all good... I prefer to use him to Slice windblade out . She can't miss on heavy and CRIT Rate Debuff just makes her helpless. I just cycle through SP1, sometimes I use SP2, if Crit Debuff is not so necessary.
    For someone reason it showed on my end you quoting me and asking why. Guess I’m crazy.
  • Manthro wrote: »

Then this post should be here, officially, from day 1. I mean after all this common practice talking about which bot is good or giving in-depth ideas about some "meh" bots, they are saying "OK let's start from scratch"?

Sorry, I only got the idea for it because of a Tier List another Commander posted. We know what Bots do well where, but we want the community to be able to share their thoughts with each other as well.
  • CarverCarver Posts: 82
    I need a scout bee in my life. Anyho @Synthwave said it best.