Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wierd Wheeljack bug [Not a Bug]

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Well the way I see it, many wonder if this is a big or not.
    This is my post and my original title was "Weird Wheeljack bug"
    They changed it to add "not a bug", therefore it's intentional.
    Question answered.
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Well the way I see it, many wonder if this is a big or not.
    This is my post and my original title was "Weird Wheeljack bug"
    They changed it to add "not a bug", therefore it's intentional.
    Question answered.

It's not a bug because it's an interaction between a mastery and an ability. The code is working as intended, therefore not a bug, more of a flaw in the system.
    @Widow I totally agree....also seems like one would be able to breeze through Rok and Rotk with ease if your bot takes zero damage when he hits 75%
    I decided to give it a test and ran through a spotlight using only WJ and never got below 75%
    Seems one can take a low level WJ into the big boys and come out victorious.
    Maybe that's my plan for this weekend.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited August 2018
    How does a mastery that offers, at most 400 health points over 60 seconds, make a bot invulnerable for a minute??? If you are doing AM at a high enough level surely they can hit through that no problem, no? If you are good enough to avoid getting hit that they can't get through 75% during that minute, that is skill and nothing else. And ROK fights certainly last much longer than a minute, if you're not good enough they'll smash you down eventually once the minute ends.

I fought a Wheeljack, don't remember if it was Expert or Master with that chance to repair mod and at one point I remember saying "I'm not doing any damage to him" because I couldn't get through the 75% level for a while. But I persisted and eventually wore him down. That is the way Kabam designed him.

I don't see the issue here, you're complaining because Wheeljack makes things too easy for you or something? lol.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited August 2018
    Widow wrote: »
    Voltron wrote: »
    At least the Kabam team need to decide if it is a bug or a „Skill“.

@Kabam Miike can you please check it up and tell us whats going on?

Thanks.

no they don't. this "issue" is a bit exaggerated. nano repair at the highest level doesn't heal that much to where you would hit that loop for a full minute unless you were some how magically damaged right below 75% each time. If you play at a challenging AM level, the enemy bots will push you through that in no time. Sure you can get this "loop" a couple times in the fight if you did a sp3 heal but not for a full minute on repeat. The same with SP3.. you not going to earn a full Sp3 in 8 secs to do this on repeat. We're more likely to encounter this against a NPC WJ due to a mod enhancement not by a player to use in an AM

You must not have encountered it. Those who have understand.

yeah you're right.. this whole month, I have yet to fight a WJ in the any of the missions and arenas

You proved his point with this post. Bots in spotlight don’t have nano repair lmao. Y’all are simple.

lol...because Kabam turns off masteries for Arenas. you clearly only read what you want to see...now that is simple

And if you read all 50 of my posts I’m NOT TALKING ABOUT FIGHTING HIM lmfaoooooooooo. Using him in AM on OFFENSE. But please..... tell me again how it’s easy to beat him. That will teach me!!!!

this is like when i have a disagreement with my wife and she makes a statement after we resolved it. I, of course, respond and she goes why you bring things back up again. You responded to my comments to another person regarding fighting WJ..I don't have issues reading..you do.

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    @Widow I totally agree....also seems like one would be able to breeze through Rok and Rotk with ease if your bot takes zero damage when he hits 75%
    I decided to give it a test and ran through a spotlight using only WJ and never got below 75%

Not likely for ROTK due to the Jurassic Spark mod.

You would need a 5* r3 fully forged WJ to stand any kind of a chance keeping that mod counter down.

Otherwise it'll ramp to 100 in no time and WJ is dead meat real fast.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    How does a mastery that offers, at most 400 health points over 60 seconds, make a bot invulnerable for a minute??? If you are doing AM at a high enough level surely they can hit through that no problem, no? If you are good enough to avoid getting hit that they can't get through 75% during that minute, that is skill and nothing else. And ROK fights certainly last much longer than a minute, if you're not good enough they'll smash you down eventually once the minute ends.

I fought a Wheeljack, don't remember if it was Expert or Master with that chance to repair mod and at one point I remember saying "I'm not doing any damage to him" because I couldn't get through the 75% level for a while. But I persisted and eventually wore him down. That is the way Kabam designed him.

I don't see the issue here, you're complaining because Wheeljack makes things too easy for you or something? lol.

When you hit 75% wheel jack gets a shield where he cannot take damage. When you have nano repair, you jump back to 76% again during the shield duration. Then when you take damage again you go back to 75% and the shield activates again. This occurs over and over and over until nano repair stops. It lasts a minute so you have 60 seconds to go ham and not take any damage unless the opponent can inflict a harmful debuff. And yes that’s exactly what I’m “complaining” about. It’s makes it too easy. Every player in the game has this bot now. What’s holding everyone from jacking up their AM difficulty and winning rewards they otherwise could not attain.

Are you telling me that if a very strong bot lands a 5-hit combo during that minute that they won't hit the shield and break through it by the end of that combo?

Even so, so what? Once the nano-repair wears off, it's what happens beyond that minute that matters most. If you're not good enough, what difference will that 1 minute make?

If Wheeljack is so powerful that he can make gods out of men then why doesn't your alliance jack up the AM difficulty as well, are you already doing the max?

I don't know, I just don't think an unskilled fighter is going to all of a sudden become unbeatable at high levels of AM just because of the nano-repair interaction. I mean fights last much longer than minute at higher difficulties no?

• ToughTough Posts: 237
    Widow still at it. Close this thread down please, it’s not constructive. It’s just widow blabbering on for 2 pages.
    edited August 2018

When you hit 75% wheel jack gets a shield where he cannot take damage. When you have nano repair, you jump back to 76% again during the shield duration. Then when you take damage again you go back to 75% and the shield activates again. This occurs over and over and over until nano repair stops. It lasts a minute so you have 60 seconds to go ham and not take any damage unless the opponent can inflict a harmful debuff. And yes that’s exactly what I’m “complaining” about. It’s makes it too easy. Every player in the game has this bot now. What’s holding everyone from jacking up their AM difficulty and winning rewards they otherwise could not attain.

Are you telling me that if a very strong bot lands a 5-hit combo during that minute that they won't hit the shield and break through it by the end of that combo?

Even so, so what? Once the nano-repair wears off, it's what happens beyond that minute that matters most. If you're not good enough, what difference will that 1 minute make?

If Wheeljack is so powerful that he can make gods out of men then why doesn't your alliance jack up the AM difficulty as well, are you already doing the max?

I don't know, I just don't think an unskilled fighter is going to all of a sudden become unbeatable at high levels of AM just because of the nano-repair interaction. I mean fights last much longer than minute at higher difficulties no?

I’m in omega. We run the highest levels in the game. But thanks anyways

My alliance is doing 3.14 today, I assure you we are not going to be doing difficulty 100 anytime soon. lol.
    Tough wrote: »
    Widow still at it. Close this thread down please, it’s not constructive. It’s just widow blabbering on for 2 pages.

Please dont bring your personal beef in here. I already read the ridiculous mud slinging in the Line app and left the room because it's all just bickering and fighting.
    @Widow has a good point and obviously since I created the post, I agree with him. We're not asking you to agree...if you've found the trick good on ya....but it's affecting others, so respect that.
  • Look man a wheeljack shield can last at minimum 2 seconds. The way it interacts is that combining it with nano repair keeps re-triggering/refreshing the 75% activation and damage cap because it has no cooldown attached to it. The shield CAPS all damage besides DOT/direct damage (I think dark burn can go past and end the loop) to not be able to break through for its duration, regardless of how much. It's not a reduction like Mirage or Rhinox. This is what allows nano repair to affect it, even if nano repair doesn't heal much at all. The 1 or 2 hp above 75% at the end of the sig is still above 75% and sets the sig up to retrigger.
    HOWEVER: With how long AM fights tend to get anyway, and how many mods punish using DOT effects (melee bleed, shock block), it isn't as impactful while playing as WJ as many are complaining. Your personal skill is still a factor. It's not exactly a free pass to go ham for a minute unless you're sticking to the melee damage route.
    It's more awkward and annoying than game-breaking. We literally had a boss fight where wheeljack would heal past the force shield threshold if you crit and rolled unlucky enough times, and we all got past it.
    We're all repeating the same arguments, calling the others' argument false, and then bringing up the same idea in different words.
    edited August 2018

Thanks.

no they don't. this "issue" is a bit exaggerated. nano repair at the highest level doesn't heal that much to where you would hit that loop for a full minute unless you were some how magically damaged right below 75% each time. If you play at a challenging AM level, the enemy bots will push you through that in no time. Sure you can get this "loop" a couple times in the fight if you did a sp3 heal but not for a full minute on repeat. The same with SP3.. you not going to earn a full Sp3 in 8 secs to do this on repeat. We're more likely to encounter this against a NPC WJ due to a mod enhancement not by a player to use in an AM

yeah you're right.. this whole month, I have yet to fight a WJ in the any of the missions and arenas

You proved his point with this post. Bots in spotlight don’t have nano repair lmao. Y’all are simple.

lol...because Kabam turns off masteries for Arenas. you clearly only read what you want to see...now that is simple

And if you read all 50 of my posts I’m NOT TALKING ABOUT FIGHTING HIM lmfaoooooooooo. Using him in AM on OFFENSE. But please..... tell me again how it’s easy to beat him. That will teach me!!!!

this is like when i have a disagreement with my wife and she makes a statement after we resolved it. I, of course, respond and she goes why you bring things back up again. You responded to my comments to another person regarding fighting WJ..I don't have issues reading..you do.

Then why are you telling me he can be beaten easily? Why are you even approaching that. I roast every bot I ever fight. I’m in a top 3 ally. There is no content I struggle with. Which is exactly why this is an issue. Everyone can use this bot to beat content they couldn’t before. That is an issue.

lol... you really on intent on proving your point even if it means saying whatever you can. Nothing that I wrote could lead someone with fundamental comprehension come to that conclusion. Actually, all of your responses have been nothing but off mark comments. Just because you post an issue, you expect people to agree with you?And If people don't agree with you, they don't understand what you're saying? far from it.

Nano repair combined with this WJ's sig ability is fine. If someone wants to spend 5 cores and whatever other resources to enable Nano..just for 60 secs..just for one bot..that's more power to them. If that makes a player from a Top 3 ally worry, i don't what to say.

To me (my opinion and i understand if people don't agree) if anything that could be adjusted..is the cap. There should be no cap. If the hit takes you below the phases..it should be able to do so and the shield activates. If nano repairs you to above the phase..so be it. they spent their resources for it.

My alliance is doing 3.14 today, I assure you we are not going to be doing difficulty 100 anytime soon. lol.

you might in two weeks when everyone in your alliance dupes thier WJ and be a top 2 :trollface:

you might in two weeks when everyone in your alliance dupes thier WJ and be a top 2 :trollface:

Yes!!
  • SkäggSkägg Posts: 38
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkg6yiNBSGA

You know y’all are probably right. Ain’t no way anyone would possibly take advantage of this totally legit tactic.....

That’s just broken lol.. I wonder if it will stay like that if so I’ll get mine up after my bw team is done.
    Doubt we’ll see any changes to it until more or less everyone "abuses" it though.
  • I mean if it bothers people that much them just get rid of nano repair. It barely helps anyone other than wheeljack and bots puch harder than it can repair. There is no point of it
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited August 2018
    Well, however I guess something must be done to interaction between Shield and Nano repair... But it really shouldn't applied that Healing will not cause Shield again. It can be done that when shield triggers, he takes 6% of his attack as damage, this damage won't be much noticeable at all, but too much for Nano repair to cover up
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited August 2018
    I don't know what the big fuss is. The interaction is working as intended, but to call it a cheat? That's just far fetched.

Like any 'feature' or new content kabam introduces, there's always an oversight. This ain't no exception.

Y'all need to calm down and wait for what kabam say, especially widow.
    that1guy wrote: »
    I don't know what the big fuss is. The interaction is working as intended, but to call it a cheat? That's just far fetched.

Like any 'feature' or new content kabam introduces, there's always an oversight. This ain't no exception.

So much late for Kabam to reply states that most chances are that was intended.
  • that1guy wrote: »

Thank you. Plus wheeljack has pillow fists. As @Synthwave said in his video, he is a survivor and not a heavy hitter.
    Yeah, Only survivor can survive so much fails, only a small hitter can cause so much fails! Makes sense.
  • ArabicaArabica Posts: 24
    met the same 76% problem but killed it by prime……hahahahahavg98ijmfy2qp.jpeg
  • FallingInStereoFallingInStereo Posts: 90
    edited August 2018
    To me (my opinion and i understand if people don't agree) if anything that could be adjusted..is the cap. There should be no cap. If the hit takes you below the phases..it should be able to do so and the shield activates. If nano repairs you to above the phase..so be it. they spent their resources for it.

I pressed quote and the entire thread appeared so the above is probably done wrong. This is meant to be a response to Voltron: So like, the first hit will still go through, but will trigger the defense shield for any hits after? Just clarifying because that could be a good fix as well.
    I personally like my idea of a recharge timer as a fix, but yours works quite well. And we have precedent in design, since that's similar to how MV1 sig will tank the first hit in full, but immediately draw up the armor for anything after if that hit puts him below 20%, or just get one-shot for +20% of his health in one attack. I mean if you were gonna get one-shot you were gonna get one-shot lol.
    Either way would fix any nano repair loop issue, and still allow for WJ to regen/heal up to the threshold for use again. I just don't like those fixes where people suggest the megatron 1 per fight style, since WJ can heal more often at the player's behest, and the thresholds give him a way to utilize that ability there as a result.
    edited August 2018

I pressed quote and the entire thread appeared so the above is probably done wrong. This is meant to be a response to Voltron: So like, the first hit will still go through, but will trigger the defense shield for any hits after? Just clarifying because that could be a good fix as well.
    I personally like my idea of a recharge timer as a fix, but yours works quite well. And we have precedent in design, since that's similar to how MV1 sig will tank the first hit in full, but immediately draw up the armor for anything after if that hit puts him below 20%, or just get one-shot for +20% of his health in one attack. I mean if you were gonna get one-shot you were gonna get one-shot lol.
    Either way would fix any nano repair loop issue, and still allow for WJ to regen/heal up to the threshold for use again. I just don't like those fixes where people suggest the megatron 1 per fight style, since WJ can heal more often at the player's behest, and the thresholds give him a way to utilize that ability there as a result.

No, that's not a good fix, because Warrior are meant not to one shot but kill opponent with DoTs instead. So MV1 works Good. But Demos are meant to one shot a bot, so they is no use of shield if you can't use it against class advantage.
    What if WJ is at 53 and IronHide uses his sp3 straight to 3% and burns additional.
    My opinion : WJ takes 6% of his attack rating as damage when shield triggers, damage is not so much but will be a cure to Nano repair.
    edited August 2018

yep. the shield activates when your health crosses the threshold..not stops at the threshold. that's how I read it when the bot report came out. Having a timer doesn't fit because it's not like Tantrum where you can "intentionally" activate it. This "issue" is just a byproduct of a mastery that people spend their resources on. If nano heals them back over the threshold..it should because they earned (bought) it.

but that's how i read it. when is what Kabam writes clear. lol. if it suppose to stop at the threshold..so be it. i'm fine with it. it be annoying to fight but it's not going to change the dynamics of the players like some believes. we're not going to be TF Neo because of a dupped WJ.
    Yeah it's not like player without skills will have a lot advantage,, it stills requires skills and precautions while using it with Nano repair... Sometime it may betray at most wrong moment like if you're at 25 and they are going to place big hit and Nano repair stopped just a moment's ago,, boom you're gone..
    I've learned Kickback was built to eat Wheeljack. He consumes all his buffs and shocks right through the force shield like it isn't even there by stacking power drains and converting them.

Thanks.

Maybe you need to make some changes?

Thanks.

Maybe you need to make some changes?

lol...maybe