Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bots still defying physics

This being said it's not nearly as bad as the obvious cheating like in spotlights before, but I'm still noticing quite the pattern. Opponents able to Dodge or block a special in the middle of a chain of hits...and not an evader...took notice when a purple shark did it. They're able to double step my sidestep and still land hits, I've noticed twice specials making cookies tact but not registering damage...as if unstoppable.
This is in Master of course...and I made it through, but cheating is not how you make it more difficult. It's difficult enough as it is with mods like +150% damage or a 20% chance to evade melee ...we dont need to be fighting God's...it's not fun.
Tagged:

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    C'mon now....I'm dying to know how a bad guy can both use a ranged attack AND block at the same time.

Inquiring minds wanna know.
    It's eerily silent from the people making the "rules"
    Why is it that an opponent can:
    Trigger a special AS he's being hit....so much as you can see the strike in the animation.
    An opponent can stand from a heavy throwing punches and we can't.
    An opponent can stand in a block when we can't.
    An opponent can rush us and start a new combo while we're standing up not even giving us a chance to block or move.
    An opponent can somehow make us DROP a block or push right through a block when that's not part of the "mod"
    All these things I just saw in one single lane of Master. One play through...just one.

And not a single word from the peanut gallery
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited September 2018
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Why is it that an opponent can:
    Trigger a special AS he's being hit....so much as you can see the strike in the animation.
    this is so annoying. with certain quick bots..i'm on my second hit of the combo
    An opponent can rush us and start a new combo while we're standing up not even giving us a chance to block or move.
    you can..i think prowl is the easiest to learn timing wise. it doesn't always work..also doing this leaves you open to the the issue above if they have a power bar. 8/10 times they'll use the sp on you if you do this. NPC bots can also do this with their range.

Yeah that range trap is crazy cheating. They hit you the second you get up
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    The only bot who seems to defy physics for me is Scout Bee with his S1 and S2...
  • @0VERKILL also why is it when an AI uses a SP I can’t use it straight after, i have to wait a few seconds, but when i use a special, the AI can use the millisecond the SP finished?
  • I'm gonna go with hitbox coding when they collide is off, Alex.
  • Also on a side note I can evade ai mid combo if I time it right. Happens a fair amount I don't consider it cheating just the window of opportunities are weird in this game.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Does anyone else read these, and then go “I’d love to actually see this in action”, just for laughs of course. :smiley:
  • 0VERKILL wrote: »
    I was putting together some things to post a thread just like this, but you beat me to it.

I'll just add my 2c...

-Why does the AI always get SP priority? I can spam my SP button all day, but if the AI is scheduled to do the same thing on its next move then mine won't fire and eventually the AI's does.

And on that note...

-Why does the AI get to launch an SP while laying on it's back? I have to perform a full "get up" and then wait a split second before I can even BLOCK. But I can knock down the AI and immediately start spamming my SP and it won't fire, then the AI can fire his without ANY kind of "get up" whatsoever. Literally goes from lying on it's back, right into the SP animation with no transition at all.

-Why does the AI get to immediately counter-attack a blocked attack of mine, and I've got no chance of escape because of the animation/action delay of a blocked attack, but the AI will be able to backstep away unscathed every time even when I block a medium attack or a full 5-hit combo?

-Why does the AI get to immediately attack after a sidestep, but there's at least a full half-second I have to wait for the sidestep animation to finish before I can attack?

-Why does the AI get to have its effects/afflictions (stun, bleed, heal, purge, etc) pop up right on schedule according to the %chance numbers, but mine always seem to have reduced chance due to some unseen phantom "resistance"?

-Why does the AI get to abuse Evasion, but it actually can be counter-productive to me when my bots have it?

There's plenty more, but I'll save my breath as I think this will be one of those threads that just conveniently gets ignored by the boys with orange text.

Most of these boil down to one thing: the AI, being literally part of the game's running code, has no lag. At all. No start-up lag, no cool-down lag, nothing. Normally the animation frames involved restrict the AI's (and our) movement, as no input will register until X frames of animation have completed the prior input, but sometimes the AI (especially as PI climbs) begins inputting whole strings of commands in faster than they "should", and the code simply moves from one input to the next without regard for how many frames "should" have passed in between. High end Windblade is especially easy to spot, as her bright purple blade actually leaves trails and afterimages when her AI decides to give up on fair play and simply teleport.
    Kenny wrote: »
    Does anyone else read these, and then go “I’d love to actually see this in action”, just for laughs of course. :smiley:

Kabam loves to ask for screen shots or videos....like a screenshot or video is going to show me jamming on my screen trying to make my bot respond.
    If you really wanna see it please a lane in Master
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Kenny wrote: »

Kabam loves to ask for screen shots or videos....like a screenshot or video is going to show me jamming on my screen trying to make my bot respond.
    If you really wanna see it please a lane in Master

I can give master a shot. I would love to see bots defy physics just once- not as a permanent thing though. I just think it would be kind of funny.
  • I can give master a shot. I would love to see bots defy physics just once- not as a permanent thing though. I just think it would be kind of funny.[/quote]

Nah man it's not funny when you see ai controlled primal backstep sidestep and counter in one movement, or the Ai shooting or using specials while knocked down ie wasp Ih etc, and more mentioned above while playing insane difficulty...I think kabam devs should be banned for using exploits against the playing community lol.
    Totally agree....not funny at all. When playing master it's hard enough already and we're playing for a purpose...to win, not to see things cheat. I know there are more creative ways to increase difficulty without blatantly fudging the rules.
    Yup....this is yet another example of the AI determining who's gonna win before the match even starts.
    edited September 2018
    They've seemed to be doing it in raids now too. Persontid rather not win that way...with my bots cheating.
    I just fought Primal and he was getting a beatdown by Magnus and on the 3rd hit in the combo and just started punching back. Not a feature of the mod...just countered.
  • GhostRoosterGhostRooster Posts: 38
    edited September 2018
    I’m getting attacked before i can even get up a lot of times. AI sp recovery time is absolutely nuts right now. Shooting and dashing and blocking and then shooting again, all in a split second where i’ve only got two shots off...Some crazy [Removed by Moderation] goin down right now.
    Kabam always asks for screenshots, videos...Do you think they just don’t actually have anyone in the tester dept? If they’ll pay me i’ll do this [Removed by Moderation] from home, send you all the video and ss you need. Until they’re paying me tho, i’m done doin their job. Sent enough into mcoc support for no resolution to come of it. Not doin it here too.
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Custos
    @Kabam Pepper
    Are you guys noticing this? I know it's happened before in high level spotlights, but it seems to be happening ALOT as of late.
  • I've had some of these issues in almost every 3rd act of Master. Mostly double combo strings landing even when I'm holding block the entire time, or opponents evading out of combos and specials even when it's not part of their skills.

I just assumed they made Master "harder," and I can actually live with that.

I'd just like it to be acknowledged.
    Hello???? Anyone in here listening?
    Do we need to drop an F bomb to be acknowledged?
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited September 2018
    You know which bot defies physics? Megatronus in Expert. If he hits you with a combo he gets an instantaneous block when you go to hit him back, you don't even see his arms move to block. Seriously, you see his arms behind his back and he's already blocking your punches.
  • Please @Kabam Miike can you tell the Devs that while dashing back against motormasters unstoppable dash it always registers as an attack forcing me to take a beating from that cheat
  • i know that so many players mistook this game for the fairplay duel mode… we fought against “true” opponents in the past one and half yrs so we hate unfair operations from cyberorg heeheehee…
    i am waiting for duel…
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited September 2018
    lol...my fight with Arcee this morning in the AM.

I end a combo with a heavy and before she even falls down, she activates a sp3 on me. I get a full sp3 from this attack and start mashing the button so once her sp3 ends, I can use mine. Of course the game doesn't register any of my many taps and because I'm so frustrating at mashing for the sp3...she then unleashes a sp1 due to the stupid power conductor. :tired_face:

• Had Cheetos backstep out of a combo twice in one fight today, despite no break in between the attacks, and prowl manage to block a special straight after a combo. Kinda annoying that it happened, but nothing significant came immediately after. Both fights on expert.

Any mods able to confirm if these issues are being looked into? This thread has been up a few days now, surely someone has seen it, and the variety of the problems is growing. If autoblock is going to be a thing in tftf, or a small random chance to evade for the ai, then please tell us, if it’s part of the difficulty of expert/master, rather than us listing out bugs
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    edited September 2018
    Got another one to add, and a very strange one. In arena, sideswipe just went unstoppable during a dash. Completely random. Please look at this kabam, as obviously that’s not a spotlight mod that’s doing this. Neither does sideswipe have unstoppable.

Edit. I was facing sideswipe, not using him.
    Got another one to add, and a very strange one. In arena, sideswipe just went unstoppable during a dash. Completely random. Please look at this kabam, as obviously that’s not a spotlight mod that’s doing this. Neither does sideswipe have unstoppable.

Edit. I was facing sideswipe, not using him.

Do you think this was a mastery? Unfazed I think it's called.