Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What's with the new bot chip arenas milestones/ranks?

13»

Comments

• removal of crystal bounty,
    Am I missing somewhere? Or is it related to last week, coz I really didn't played last week arenas except gold and t3c

In the beginning there were 3 consecutive Crystal Bounties, each granting more or less 650 4* shards with decent effort. They start by replacing the second one by a Sig Bounty (claiming "you're getting 4* shards too easily"). Then another with T3C Bounty (promising to double the reward for the last Crystal Bounty).
    We adapted. In fact Sig Bounty quickly became the most popular Bounty of all because top players were racing to have sig100. Sig programs helps a lot in the f100 challenge too, especially with sharks. And when there is only one Crystal Bounty left, I'm telling myself maybe it's time to stop grinding for shards. After all, there are enough bot chip source and 4* are outdated.
  • there's some irony to them removing those crystals on the heels of giving us 20% gold boost the week prior :-D I can just hear them saying, "oh they're going to need the extra gold!"
  • FunnyMetegFunnyMeteg Posts: 13
    edited September 2018

1) . they removed the Arena crystals for rank rewards (I use to get 13 of these after every Featured Arena) - primary source of gold farming

2) . they removed the energon payouts.

Well, to get those 13 arena crystals you now need 700k points. When, previously, 450 was more than enough.
    No energon...
    Even the premium bot shards have been cut down, when you think that in the old arena the first 10% got those 2k of shards and now 5% is the minimum requirement for it.
    It seems to me that they are trying to reduce the energon and gold flow to the players. Then you will need to pay for it. In my case, premium crystals are a source of gold cause I sell 90% of the metal.
    Another sad move. In a year, you will need to pay in order to progress.

EDIT: And what to do with the excess bot ships?? We can't sell tem. That could be an option.
  • Redd_IculusRedd_Iculus Posts: 3
    edited September 2018
    FunnyMeteg wrote: »

Well, to get those 13 arena crystals you now need 700k points. When, previously, 450 was more than enough.
    No energon...

You make a good point on the arena crystals. 700K isn't that bad.. but tough for the lower level players.

The energon is unfortunate, but it is what it is.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited September 2018
    The additional milestones whatever, some people were asking for higher milestones so that doesn't bother me. But the removal of energon, with all due respect the removal of energon "to bring it in line with other arenas" is a crock to me. They could have added energon to those that don't have it to bring all the arenas in line too.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    results are out..the chips are definitely short because the ranking limits raised higher
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    The additional milestones whatever, some people were asking for higher milestones so that doesn't bother me. But the removal of energon, with all due respect the removal of energon "to bring it in line with other arenas" is a crock to me. They could have added energon to those that don't have it to bring all the arenas in line too.

on that logic, why are we getting bot chips. all the other arenas don't have bot chips
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Well let's just see what the rewards are like tomorrow and then go from there

Wow. Got into the 1-2% and my rewards were DIRE. 2500 Cyclonus Chips and 2000 Bot Chips.
    You guys decide if it's worth the near 400% increase in effort.
  • Voltron wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

on that logic, why are we getting bot chips. all the other arenas don't have bot chips

Yup, I was just thinking they should make every arena exactly the same every single day that way they would all be perfectly linear.
    edited September 2018
    It is incredible. Now we have to do 1.5M in Arena to get chips for the new bot?
    And then you don't get premiums shards nor energon in Milestone. And bad reward in rank.
    Sorry Kabam but I won't play that arena any longer. It use to be 350.000 to get the top shards.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Pepper @Kabam Rimehaven @Kabam Tenebrous @Kabam Custos
    @Leaky8382 @UnknownShadow2021 @DeJeeY @Reaction86 @edfauler

Even if grinding till 2.3-2.5M points to be eligible for (theoretically be no. 1) the top rewards, you get nothing besides the 5k Cyclonus chips and extra bot chips.
    Nothing else!
    Absolute waste of time unless you're morbidly obsessed with duplicating 4* Cyclonus.
    This is now completely counter intuitive.
    Guess I'll take that 'advice' of the pro-new arena crowd and stop at 400-700k.
    Literally pointless beyond that.
    I may not even have enough for 4* Cyclonus at months' end.
  • Somethimes I believe that some posts are made by Kabam staff alias
  • The feature bot arena was the only arenas I used to do religiously, I’ve forged most my 4* so I rank rank in the others, I did it mostly for the energon so I can beat master every month, I guess this is their way to make us pay for master by taking away most our energon supply. As a result I haven’t touched arena this week, kinda killed the drive
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Isn't this suppose to be a game? Is Megatron up there at Cybertron really farming us for energon somehow? Are we already slaves?? Where is Kabam Optimus Prime.. please come save us.

My favorite comment in a very long time.
  • As said before i used to look forward to bot arena week but after these changes, especially removing the arena crystals i wont be playing these much (prob just for the daily). Its a waste of time, and causing burnout.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    @Alceth totally agree with you, I loved this game but the last few months they did their best to make it less fun instead the opposite.
    When they are going to listen to the customers?
    edited September 2018
    Alceth wrote: »
    So I really think this is the final drop for me... a lot of great players/good friends quit the game recently... I think I've reached that point too!
    Kabam, you just don't play your game, you don't understand your players.

Announcing 7.0 (where everybody expects new content after more than half a year) which turns out to be a mere 6.0.0.1 change. (You've mastered the over-promise, under-deliver approach)
    Last new bots introduced were immediately nerfed because not beta-tested (gives a great sense of professionalism)
    Removing energon and arena crystals. Did the math: 13 crystals x +/-2,500 gold x 14 = 455k gold/month... (Oh, it's true gold is in abundance in this game)
    Just a couple of bad decisions taken lately.

I really wonder if Hasbro reads the forum sometimes... I hope for you, Kabam, they don't...

Some people talked about the game not doing well and nearing its end. I have the serious impression you guys are milking the cow, or at least what's left in it.

I'm deeply sad because you made a great game. The gameplay is amazing, the universe is exceptional, the community is fantastic.
    But you guys, just seem to be world champions in shooting in your own feet... over and over again.

A game has to remain FUN. I've lost some of the fun since a couple of weeks. You don't seem to understand ppl have real lifes out there. Your latest decisions start making it really NOT FUN anymore.

.... And that's before people realize the wonky new bots with sure-to-be-NERF'd abilities ONLY LOOK FANTASTIC.
    (Cyclonus, everyone's lil chew toy; I'm talking to you!)
    Ravager of worlds my arse. CyCLOWNus.
    And WheelJERK after the nerf.
    Why. Am.I.Grinding.
  • Alceth wrote: »
    So I really think this is the final drop for me... a lot of great players/good friends quit the game recently... I think I've reached that point too!

Announcing 7.0 (where everybody expects new content after more than half a year) which turns out to be a mere 6.0.0.1 change. (You've mastered the over-promise, under-deliver approach)
    Last new bots introduced were immediately nerfed because not beta-tested (gives a great sense of professionalism)
    Removing energon and arena crystals. Did the math: 13 crystals x +/-2,500 gold x 14 = 455k gold/month... (Oh, it's true gold is in abundance in this game)

I really wonder if Hasbro reads the forum sometimes... I hope for you, Kabam, they don't...

Some people talked about the game not doing well and nearing its end. I have the serious impression you guys are milking the cow, or at least what's left in it.

I'm deeply sad because you made a great game. The gameplay is amazing, the universe is exceptional, the community is fantastic.
    But you guys, just seem to be world champions in shooting in your own feet... over and over again.

A game has to remain FUN. I've lost some of the fun since a couple of weeks. You don't seem to understand ppl have real lifes out there. Your latest decisions start making it really NOT FUN anymore.
    Alceth wrote: »

Well said. For myself, playing this game since release, now set to leave this game, I share your sentiments.
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Featured Bot Chips reward increase in Raid Events and Arenas
    - Bot Chip Raid Events have been changed to a curve rather than static increase: this means competing in Raids at a higher Medal count will grant TONS more Chips!
    - Bot Chip Arena Rank + Milestone Chip rewards increased by over 300%

From the changelog.
    So will there still be double chips for the second Featured Arena week in addition to these milestone changes? @Kabam Miike
  • Alceth wrote: »

it's incredible. who would have thought that after their monumental failure with the 7.0 update, they would spend time not to try to correct the shooting, but to make the experience even more painful. I don't know who's rolling this business, but if it was mine, many people would have lost their job in recent weeks. This company is really a big joke