Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Crystal Open Event, will you take part

How many of you will be aiming to get the 5* OG/Combiner prime?

While I never intended for an event like this to take place, I am a hoarder of crystals.

70if8fdq9suw.png
lk71qffhtktz.png
6m0as0w6cow4.png
9dw6kokwxzud.png
9gd5l7qfm7bh.png
mu5btcn0004u.png
lbbl6tc32tg2.png
62wd2vimxq0c.png

While the 5* prime is very tempting, opening my bot/mod crystals all at once will ruin my growth strategy.

Comments

• AnnatarAnnatar Posts: 101
    Nope, not opening until Beast Wars Megatron.
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    Its a whale milk event. Lots of cash deals this past month. Only makes me speculate personally on the financial health of game. Only whales get to r4 5 stars, and fish their way to OGP. Forget it was way to early for R4s. Still sitting 8k energon here. Not a good energon deal since July 4th.
    Look at the points structure of the event. Shard crytals are minimum points. Buy full 4 and 5 star crystal for 5k points. Hoaders will be ripped off if you dont see the devil details

hxzah4rdm6c0.jpg
    edited September 2018
    C0M1C5 wrote: »
    How many of you will be aiming to get the 5* OG/Combiner prime?

While I never intended for an event like this to take place, I am a hoarder of crystals.

While the 5* prime is very tempting, opening my bot/mod crystals all at once will ruin my growth strategy.

Nice stash. It is almost as big as mine, maybe we should join up and get ourselves a 5* Prime?!
  • I not spinking snglehs very good i spinking português BR
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    Oh, by the way. Even if I don't end up in an alliance that is going to go for the 5* Prime, 7 days of crystal bounty arena is awesome!
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Will it be happening next Thursday when MegaGod is released? If so I'll make a few points.
  • Lapras wrote: »
    Nice stash. It is almost as big as mine, maybe we should join up and get ourselves a 5* Prime?!

Lol, I've no intention of opening all my crystals for just one event. And even with my amount of crystals, I'll doubt it'll be enough to beat a spender (or P2P alliances).

• I'm thinking of getting the crystals too, but I'm kinda confused. What the heck is a "preview" crystal? If we open them early and are lucky enough to get Megatronus, do we actually get him on the spot? Or do we just get a placeholder or something that will turn into Megatronus only after he is released next week?

And I'm kinda curious about the why and how behind Megatronus. Predaking was the second biggest combiner (thinking Volcanicus is biggest since individual dinobots are bigger than individual predacons) and Megatronus was the same size and simply just pulled his head off with barely any effort! I get there are sometimes huge differences in power and size between bots from comics and tv that are adjusted here to make the game work, but Megatronus is on an entirely different scale of power than even Optimus (another Prime)! Scaling down his power so he can fight here seems like it diminishes the character and the threat he poses to everyone.
  • Rezident_WeevilRezident_Weevil Posts: 77
    edited September 2018
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Will it be happening next Thursday when MegaGod is released? If so I'll make a few points.

Nope. 5* OGP Event expires before the next bot comes out by the looks of things. So if you spooge your crystals for the event they won't count towards MegaDeath's chips (which I think was planned tbh). Choose wisely. Only 3 Alliances will get the prize and I guarantee they will be whales diving in balls deep to win. Are you a fish, or are you a whale? B)
  • If you are not a whale spender you have no chance. Save your crystals.
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »
    If you are not a whale spender you have no chance. Save your crystals.

And you need to be swimming with other whales.
  • Or this could all just be a bluff from the whales trying to scare away the sharks along with the fish so that there is less competition ;)

Personally, I'm a sheep not a shark
  • SparkShredderSparkShredder Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2018
    As an officer, I have announced in my alliance not to get heavy on pockets. And allowed them to save crystals. And open as their convenience
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’m a Commander and I told my team not to bother opening any crystals unless they need last minute Cyclonus chips
    Why wasn’t this event at the arrival of Megatronus????????
  • Jazz444 wrote: »
    I’m a Commander and I told my team not to bother opening any crystals unless they need last minute Cyclonus chips
    Why wasn’t this event at the arrival of Megatronus????????

Because everyone, especially whales, would be too happy to open them for chips of God-Bot.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    So much nope.
  • The 5* Optimus prime is very tempting, however I am very doubtful​ if I can get one.
    However, a crystal arena is compulsory for me :)
  • MAMILMAMIL Posts: 48
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Nope. 5* OGP Event expires before the next bot comes out by the looks of things. So if you spooge your crystals for the event they won't count towards MegaDeath's chips (which I think was planned tbh). Choose wisely. Only 3 Alliances will get the prize and I guarantee they will be whales diving in balls deep to win. Are you a fish, or are you a whale? B)

No, usually they start issuing new bot’s chips an hour before its official release. So it’s possible to double dip on both the crystal event and the Megatronus chips if you open all your crystals right before new bot drops.