Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Forging issue

I have a 5* OG Megatron that I was looking to forge my 4* OG Megatron. When I queued up the 4* Megatron it showed that the forge level was going to be 36/75 and the the new stats were going to be 120%, 15,433 attack, and 1418 defense. When I actually forged it the following stats showed up 30/100, 116%, 15,264, and 1401. I understand that when you forge the same bot one stat rating down it expands the forge max level to 100 however the levels 1-75 are set as specific forge points. That does not change just because you increase the max level. For example, if level 1takes 1000 forge points when it is out of 75 it doesnt then take 1250 once you expand the level to 100. I have attached the photo of the forge display prior to forging.

Any thoughts?

i3nj3dyds5oxa.png

BrewCrew75

Comments

• Sorry let me post both pics

• Here they are

gxturlhps6dc.png
    gz7c8zblgxpp.png
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Based on quitting videos of @Celt and @Kitten, you're not alone.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Based on quitting videos of @Celt and @Kitten, you're not alone.

yeah it’s weird
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    i wonder if the forge level is relative..like it's 36 out of a possible 75..but when you unlock the 100..that 36 level is now a 30 of out 100. didn't do the math..just pulling a justification out of my.... thin air.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    BrewCrew75 wrote: »
    Here they are

gxturlhps6dc.png
    gz7c8zblgxpp.png

They need to refund you buddy
  • This is Kabam !
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    That's misleading, shouldn't be allowed.
  • BrewCrew75BrewCrew75 Posts: 8
    edited October 2018
    If it were % based I would understand the change. But the forge levels are a static number. So let’s say the first 10 levles take 20k forges points (as a random example and not acurate numbers) then when you increase the total forge levels from 75 to 100 the first 10 levels should still be 20k. That should not change. What changes is that there are now extra levels that require their own forge points to complete. It should not affect any levels before them. At least that is the most logical explanation.

I was also thinking that the stats went down the same % as the forge level went down when increasing the total level. For example, 36/75 is ~48% of the levels. That drops to 36% when you increase the forge total potential. But this gets blown up as it is not proportional to the decrease in stats. There is not a 12% drop in stats. It looks like it is only a 2-4% drop depending on which stat you are looking at.

So I dont know how it is calculated or how it is wrongly calculated.

BrewCrew75
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    Btw, that's not attack and defense homie. That's hit points and attack, respectively
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    That's percentile you see is how much pi (based on percentage) you gain when that bot has class advantage
  • Chad218Chad218 Posts: 44
    Bottom line is they have the 2 bots on the screen. Show the correct #’s BEFORE you forge. Seriously they are “right” a split second after you hit the button???? 🤔🤔🤔
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited October 2018
    2zboyxmst60n.gif

This Prime feels ripped off of 4 forge levels...
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I can't help but notice a distinct lack of words of wisdom from Kabam
  • They needs a right maths teacher!.
    Maybe, to learning programming, they skipped math classes! :mrgreen:
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    That’s not right what the screen says for bot forge level should stay the same not go down ):
  • SkäggSkägg Posts: 38
    Darm0k wrote: »
    2zboyxmst60n.gif

That sucks man, had the same stuff happen to me. Ironhide were supposed to give up to forge 86 then after I forged him it stopped at 82.

Hopefully we'll see a response from a mod soon.
  • SkäggSkägg Posts: 38
    @Kabam Miike Care to share why / look into why it sometimes gives less than it should?
    edited April 2019
    2zboyxmst60n.gif

Man. I think I've located the problem. Based on your gif, your Prime lost 15429 exp after the forge. And the sum of level 76-100 of a 3* fodder is 15536.
    And my 5* Ironhide lost 92659 exp when eating a maxed forged 4* IH. The 5* OG Megs of BrewCrew lost 92670, while the sum of level 76-100 of a 4* fodder is 93309. More or less the same.

So the answer is: all the exp between level 76-100 of your fodder is lost. This is not a preview error. Stop forging your fodder past 75 before Kabam acknowledge this bug.
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    2zboyxmst60n.gif

Man. I think I've located the problem. Based on your gif, your Prime lost 15429 exp after the forge. And the sum of level 76-100 of a 3* fodder is 15536.
    And my 5* Ironhide lost 92659 exp when eating a maxed forged 4* IH. The 5* OG Megs of BrewCrew lost 92670, while the sum of level 76-100 of a 4* fodder is 93309. More or less the same.

So the answer is: all the exp between level 76-100 of your fodder is lost. This is not a preview error. Stop forging your fodder past 75 before Kabam acknowledge this bug.

And Kabam’s “help” desk told me this was because of masteries. This actually makes a lot of sense and the reason why it was only happening in some instances.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    kranders wrote: »
    2zboyxmst60n.gif

And Kabam’s “help” desk told me this was because of masteries. This actually makes a lot of sense and the reason why it was only happening in some instances.

This makes no sense to me whatsoever, as forge levels have absolutely nothing to do with your mastery setup. Looks like a simple glitch with applying EXP, the game is somehow adding 3+3 and getting 4. Is this an 8.0 thing? I've barely forged anything since the update.
    I was referring to his his explanation about the experience from level 75-100. I knew the help desk reference to masteries was wrong but I gave up with them as always.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    If this is accurate then many of us have lost a lot of forge XP over the years :'(
  • TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited April 2019
    This is accurate and has always been like that.
    Yes, we all have lost a lot of XP

(And it also occurs when forging not 100/100 fodder. I've read in the past it was due to only the complete forge levels being taken into account, not the xp in each level)

Edit : found it here https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/70366#Comment_70366
    Hey everybody, I've come with some clarification!

The amount of Forge XP a bot grants is static. The target that the Bot is being Forged into doesn't matter, although higher Tiers do require more Forge XP to increase their Forge Level.

Forge XP granted is determined by the Rank and Level of the bot, but partial Level progress will not be factored in. For example, a Rank 2 bot that just hit Level 9 provides the same Forge XP as a Rank 2 Level 9 bot that's almost at Level 10.

Keep in mind that there are XP bonuses for matching the same Class, and for matching the same Bot.

But still, it doesn't explain why forging a 4r5 sig100 displays 40/75 and is applied as 34/100
    I think Miike was talking about partial level with regard to level and rank. There's no problem in that, as only full levels are taken into account.
    The problem, however, is in the carried-over exp. When it comes to that, partial levels are taken into account as well, and with precision.
  • I'm going to get confirmation on what's going on with this and get back to y'all.
    I'm going to get confirmation on what's going on with this and get back to y'all.

@Kabam Vydious Thanks for looking into this... I submitted this as a help ticket months ago and like I said I was told it was due to masteries which made no sense because it was never universal. I couldn't pinpoint the issue but seeing the xp levels 75-100 mentioned makes a lot of sense because I only noticed this while forging 5* because I always maxed a 4* bot.

Obviously a fix would be great but this is really going to frustrate those that have heavily forged 5*s this way. A lot of wasted shark xp etc.

It would be ideal if you can identify those that forged away a maxed bot and provide some retroactive compensation.

Now I wish this wasn't the one issue I solely took to the help desk... smh.
    @Kabam Vydious Any update on this? This is a pretty important issue.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    kranders wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious Any update on this? This is a pretty important issue.

zsvt9sfowkep.gif

Well, it is the weekend and was Easter week, though, so we’ll see tomorrow.