Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid chips decreased from last month

Comments

• Yeah... my chance for a 5* Mego is all but over.. Those chips were needed...
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Yeah... my chance for a 5* Mego is all but over.. Those chips were needed...

I've already convinced myself that 5* Megatronus is overrated, rubbish, etc.
    Defense mechanism.
    Which you need A LOT for F2F.
    Distinctively getting dodgier the longer i invest.
  • AlcethAlceth Posts: 14
    QUICK FIX for QUINTESSON BASES
    -> increase medal rewards to 20-30 instead of 0-1

I understand the idea of introducing Quintesson bases was to avoid a player would be raided 8 times/hour.
    By just increasing the medal rewards, you don't have to change all the game mechanics, so this can be an extremely quick fix

@Kabam Miike
  • XXXXXX Posts: 80
    I don’t think they’ll take any solution before the raid event will expire. We only have to give back on taking 5* megatronus.
    I will never spend more money in this game.
    the behavior of the developers is a mockery.
    We should all stop paying for this game
  • PyrusPrimePyrusPrime Posts: 177
    edited October 2018
    XXX wrote: »
    I don’t think they’ll take any solution before the raid event will expire. We only have to give back on taking 5* megatronus.
    I will never spend more money in this game.
    the behavior of the developers is a mockery.
    We should all stop paying for this game

I kinda agree but i loved transformers as a kid and do still ill keep playing but I won't spend another penny on it till things are fixed and not just this raid stuff.
  • So, nothing new? Can we revolt #BoycottForgedToFight?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited October 2018
    MyNastix75 wrote: »
    So, nothing new? Can we revolt #BoycottForgedToFight?

My theory is that they've carefully calculated the potential gain of raid tickets increase in terms of energon against the potential loss of players seeing this change, all in a function with the reduction of Bot Chips as parameter. It seems at 30% less chips per raid, the game is still profitable. So they say pity for those who don't accept, LOL.

I mean even if they feel the urge to change it, they won't do it. Changing it back is a slap on the face of the management staff who I'm sure made the decision. Best scenario, they may increase chip reward on the last week of arenas. So if you're to raid, go ahead.
  • MyNastix75 wrote: »
    So, nothing new? Can we revolt #BoycottForgedToFight?

My theory is that they've carefully calculated the potential gain of raid tickets increase in terms of energon against the potential loss of players seeing this change, all in a function with the reduction of Bot Chips as parameter. It seems at 30% less chips per raid, the game is still profitable. So they say pity for those who don't accept, LOL.

It is for his that in my opinion no one at home actually plays the game he does not realize the playing time that his request even with the old formula so much to say that to get 5 * you have to pay and do not sleep anymore
  • ldny90ldny90 Posts: 21
    edited October 2018
    with the "reworked" raid event introduced last month, even F2P players could have a real chance to get an exclusive 5* bot and that clearly wasn't their intention. i just hope they're going to admit it instead of giving everyone 15k bot chips and 5 T2C crystals
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    ldny90 wrote: »
    with the "reworked" raid event introduced last month, even F2P players could actually have a good chance to get an exclusive 5* bot and that clearly wasn't their intention. i just hope they're going to admit it instead of giving everyone 15k bot chips and 5 T2C crystals

HahHahHH IF WE'RE LUCKY
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I had worried about them changing it last month, it seemed to good to be true. We all know how kabam handles those situations.
  • Like @Idny90, I think they realised they made the 5* TOO easy to get, meaning achievable by a too wide player base, with just enough time, Oregon, and some crystals.
    Hence there silent change.
    I find it disrespectful for those F2P players like me, who have saved crystals and Oregon for months to get a chance to open the 5* of the month.
    we must face reality.
    like all the other times, once the event has started, things will not be changed. let's forget to review the lost chips.
    the only thing we can do now is to stay together and zero all our base.
    it's the only thing we can do. make it easier for everyone to conquer chips and medals !!!!
    Come on guys, let's rebel together!
    edited October 2018
    XXX wrote: »
    we must face reality.
    like all the other times, once the event has started, things will not be changed. let's forget to review the lost chips.
    the only thing we can do now is to stay together and zero all our base.
    it's the only thing we can do. make it easier for everyone to conquer chips and medals !!!!
    Come on guys, let's rebel together!

I tried putting only 5 bots on my base with a free-to-pass left side. No mods either. But half of the raiders today chose to go right anyway.
    I left only one 2* bot in my base. I hope people would open their eyes.
    Maybe when someone will appear here to tell us that anything will not be done for this raid event the others will do the right thing also.
    edited October 2018
    I for one have mixed feeling about setting a crappy base during this event: it facilitate bot chip harvest but hinder raid chip, especially today, where I need 240k to buy sig program and t3c essence (not to mention the 75k daily t3c essence crystal). I didn't plan for 5* Megatronus at all so I don't want to come across a 5k base...

For your info, those top tier players on the ladder (who suggested a 'till all are one-bot-base' campaign) didn't do it as promised in unison. Since they don't want to lose their bracket, having a 40K+ base may be of help.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    ldny90 wrote: »
    with the "reworked" raid event introduced last month, even F2P players could have a real chance to get an exclusive 5* bot and that clearly wasn't their intention. i just hope they're going to admit it instead of giving everyone 15k bot chips and 5 T2C crystals

Maybe they saw a whole bunch of bot crystal hoarders cashing in and getting close to the 1M mark and had to do something to stave off 5 star purchases by f2p people. I'm pretty sure that's the reason why they had a bot crystal opening alliance event just before this month's featured bot availability.
  • Do you think we will have an answer tonight where we will be able to put it deep again?
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT KABAAM
  • Hey All,

Thank you for your feedback on this topic. This adjustment was made following the results of last month. As you all know, we are continuously tuning the amount of Chips available in the game, and do so every month. Last month, we gave away far too many in the Raid Event, and we adjusted accordingly. What we found was that Commanders were not doing anything else to get the Chips, and were simply waiting for the Raids. They would then only spend Energon on Raids and get the featured Bot far too quickly.

While we understand that this can be seen as a positive, this is not how Bot releases should occur, as it makes the rest of the month's events of little consequence. We will continue to monitor how players perform this month in acquiring Bot chips, and will continue to adjust accordingly.

Before we go, we want to mention one other factor that we had to consider in this equation. Collusion. We know that a large number of players had planned on colluding to make Raids easier, manipulating the system to make achieving Megatronus much easier than it is meant to be. This kind of behaviour results in more actions like this having to be taken, as we work to maintain a level of challenge in game. So, if this is something you are doing, or you know somebody who is, please stop; it unbalances the game for the rest of us.
  • Hey All,

Thank you for your feedback on this topic. This adjustment was made following the results of last month. As you all know, we are continuously tuning the amount of Chips available in the game, and do so every month. Last month, we gave away far too many in the Raid Event, and we adjusted accordingly. What we found was that Commanders were not doing anything else to get the Chips, and were simply waiting for the Raids. They would then only spend Energon on Raids and get the featured Bot far too quickly.

While we understand that this can be seen as a positive, this is not how Bot releases should occur, as it makes the rest of the month's events of little consequence. We will continue to monitor how players perform this month in acquiring Bot chips, and will continue to adjust accordingly.

Before we go, we want to mention one other factor that we had to consider in this equation. Collusion. We know that a large number of players had planned on colluding to make Raids easier, manipulating the system to make achieving Megatronus much easier than it is meant to be. This kind of behaviour results in more actions like this having to be taken, as we work to maintain a level of challenge in game. So, if this is something you are doing, or you know somebody who is, please stop; it unbalances the game for the rest of us.

Why didn't you tell the player base this at the start of the month?
  • very well so the problem is that your communication is non-existence is a pity. Talking about exchanging makes things happen. But apparently it is not in your hair, really bad.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited October 2018
    Hey All,

Why didn't you tell the player base this at the start of the month? [/quote]

yep... doing this behind the scenes was not okay. As much as I hate to lose out on the chips, I can accept this change because i understand what you guys are trying to do... but Kabam needed to do this the right way. The right way was to announce this before you made the change. Sure you'll get some angry people on this change (but they're always going to be angry with you).

• edited October 2018
    Hey All,

For the same reason that we didn't mention the increase last month. Sometimes these things can change right up until the last second. This is a live game, and we are continuously looking at data and performance, which means that changes sometimes can be made right up until release. We don't usually like to do it that way, but it's sometimes necessary.

Additionally, while we did mention retuning rewards in 7.0, last month's event said that it was only for that month. Originally, we didn't plan on having increased chips for this month's event at all.

I do understand where the confusion is coming from, and do apologize for not being overly clear on this to begin with. I've talked to the team about making sure we can get more information out earlier, whenever it is possible.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Hey All,

For the same reason that we didn't mention the increase last month. Sometimes these things can change right up until the last second. This is a live game, and we are continuously looking at data and performance, which means that changes sometimes can be made right up until release. We don't usually like to do it that way, but it's sometimes necessary.

Additionally, while we did mention retuning rewards in 7.0, last month's event said that it was only for that month. Originally, we didn't plan on having increased chips for this month's event at all.

I do understand where the confusion is coming from, and do apologize for not being overly clear on this to begin with. I've talked to the team about making sure we can get more information out earlier, whenever it is possible.

but you did.. in the change log for the 7.0 update and no where did it say it was for a month.

Featured Bot Chips reward increase in Raid Events and Arenas
    - Bot Chip Raid Events have been changed to a curve rather than static increase: this means competing in Raids at a higher Medal count will grant TONS more Chips!
    - Bot Chip Arena Rank + Milestone Chip rewards increased by over 300%
  • Voltron wrote: »
    Hey All,

but you did.. in the change log for the 7.0 update and no where did it say it was for a month.

Featured Bot Chips reward increase in Raid Events and Arenas
    - Bot Chip Raid Events have been changed to a curve rather than static increase: this means competing in Raids at a higher Medal count will grant TONS more Chips!
    - Bot Chip Arena Rank + Milestone Chip rewards increased by over 300%

Yes, and last month we went much higher than we were going to, and this time we brought it back down to a more sane level, even thought it's still higher than we had originally meant to.

At this time, we don't know what next month will bring either. It could go either way again, but that will depend on the results of this month.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    edited October 2018
    So 7.0 update
    Hey All,

I am just being honest when saying this.... but I am totally confused by this. You are taking back what you said in the 7.0 changelog where you said chips for raid were increased by 300%. How are we supposed to play this game and attempt to mange our resources and time if we can't even take you at your word?

Edit: Okay, in rereading it I guess it says the 300% increase was for the arena... but still. It did say an increase to raid chips and now you are saying that was originally only planned for Cyclones????? This makes the 7.0 an even bigger disappointment then it already has been perceived to be.
This discussion has been closed.