Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid chips decreased from last month

Comments

• If you guys are still expecting Kabam to do something that players will enjoy, that’s simply called false hope. Seems like everything that the entire player base enjoys, gets scratched the next month/update. Personally I think bot chips should be universal, allowing players to stack up chips as long as they want and use them to acquire a bot they actually want or have materials to upgrade.
  • Lapras wrote: »
    So 7.0 update
    Hey All,

Thank you for your feedback on this topic. This adjustment was made following the results of last month. As you all know, we are continuously tuning the amount of Chips available in the game, and do so every month. Last month, we gave away far too many in the Raid Event, and we adjusted accordingly. What we found was that Commanders were not doing anything else to get the Chips, and were simply waiting for the Raids. They would then only spend Energon on Raids and get the featured Bot far too quickly.

While we understand that this can be seen as a positive, this is not how Bot releases should occur, as it makes the rest of the month's events of little consequence. We will continue to monitor how players perform this month in acquiring Bot chips, and will continue to adjust accordingly.

Before we go, we want to mention one other factor that we had to consider in this equation. Collusion. We know that a large number of players had planned on colluding to make Raids easier, manipulating the system to make achieving Megatronus much easier than it is meant to be. This kind of behaviour results in more actions like this having to be taken, as we work to maintain a level of challenge in game. So, if this is something you are doing, or you know somebody who is, please stop; it unbalances the game for the rest of us.

Why didn't you tell the player base this at the start of the month?

For the same reason that we didn't mention the increase last month. Sometimes these things can change right up until the last second. This is a live game, and we are continuously looking at data and performance, which means that changes sometimes can be made right up until release. We don't usually like to do it that way, but it's sometimes necessary.

Additionally, while we did mention retuning rewards in 7.0, last month's event said that it was only for that month. Originally, we didn't plan on having increased chips for this month's event at all.

I do understand where the confusion is coming from, and do apologize for not being overly clear on this to begin with. I've talked to the team about making sure we can get more information out earlier, whenever it is possible.

I am just being honest when saying this.... but I am totally confused by this. You are taking back what you said in the 7.0 changelog where you said chips for raid were increased by 300%. How are we supposed to play this game and attempt to mange our resources and time if we can't even take you at your word?

Sorry, that was the Arena rewards that were increased by 300%

"-Bot Chip Arena Rank + Milestone Chip rewards increased by over 300%"

The raid events were changed to a curve, instead of linear. That makes it easier for us to do things like have events with increased reward payouts.
  • RuinousPowerRuinousPower Posts: 23
    edited October 2018
    Hey All,

Thank you for your feedback on this topic. This adjustment was made following the results of last month. As you all know, we are continuously tuning the amount of Chips available in the game, and do so every month. Last month, we gave away far too many in the Raid Event, and we adjusted accordingly. What we found was that Commanders were not doing anything else to get the Chips, and were simply waiting for the Raids. They would then only spend Energon on Raids and get the featured Bot far too quickly.

While we understand that this can be seen as a positive, this is not how Bot releases should occur, as it makes the rest of the month's events of little consequence. We will continue to monitor how players perform this month in acquiring Bot chips, and will continue to adjust accordingly.

Before we go, we want to mention one other factor that we had to consider in this equation. Collusion. We know that a large number of players had planned on colluding to make Raids easier, manipulating the system to make achieving Megatronus much easier than it is meant to be. This kind of behaviour results in more actions like this having to be taken, as we work to maintain a level of challenge in game. So, if this is something you are doing, or you know somebody who is, please stop; it unbalances the game for the rest of us.

For the same reason that we didn't mention the increase last month. Sometimes these things can change right up until the last second. This is a live game, and we are continuously looking at data and performance, which means that changes sometimes can be made right up until release. We don't usually like to do it that way, but it's sometimes necessary.

Additionally, while we did mention retuning rewards in 7.0, last month's event said that it was only for that month. Originally, we didn't plan on having increased chips for this month's event at all.

I do understand where the confusion is coming from, and do apologize for not being overly clear on this to begin with. I've talked to the team about making sure we can get more information out earlier, whenever it is possible.

Sorry, but I'm not buying this excuse. If it's a live game, how come it took forever to fix Primal's "sticky feet"? How come there's a thread about the AI cheating and there's little to no response? Why were Arenas changed to the point that it's much harder and with less rewards?

What really gets me angry is the double standard. Kickback and Wheeljack originally gave the player base a little bit of power, but it didn't take long for that to be fixed. Why isn't the same done to Megatronus or the Raid errors with Quintensson Bases? It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

All that was needed was a little heads up "Remember, the raid chip increase was only for last month's event." That's all you or the devs had to say. But you didn't.

I spend +$80 a month on this game, and was looking forward to buying Skorponok and Lockdown. Starting now, I will not spend a penny on this game and I encourage others to join me. Ban me if you want, but you're just proving that I speak the truth.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Voltron wrote: »
    Hey All,

but you did.. in the change log for the 7.0 update and no where did it say it was for a month.

Featured Bot Chips reward increase in Raid Events and Arenas
    - Bot Chip Raid Events have been changed to a curve rather than static increase: this means competing in Raids at a higher Medal count will grant TONS more Chips!
    - Bot Chip Arena Rank + Milestone Chip rewards increased by over 300%

Yes, and last month we went much higher than we were going to, and this time we brought it back down to a more sane level, even thought it's still higher than we had originally meant to.

At this time, we don't know what next month will bring either. It could go either way again, but that will depend on the results of this month.

so the curve (chips) will be adjusted each month based on the past month's data? I'm all for this because I understand the balance Kabam guys are trying to ensure.

Unfortunately, that was not how I (and everyone else) understood this new raid system would work. We thought it was a (static) curve implemented in the Cyclounus event and excepted that to be the "system" moving forward. It was clearly a miscommunication but regardless, if it was going to be a change to our disadvantage, a notice would have been the proper way of informing us.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    (What we found was that Commanders were not doing anything else to get the Chips)
    Are you sure about that? I mean I am a Commander & I got 1.3M chips before the raid event started and I know so many Commanders have more than that.
  • Hey All,

Sorry, but I'm not buying this excuse. If it's a live game, how come it took forever to fix Primal's "sticky feet"? How come there's a thread about the AI cheating and there's little to no response? Why were Arenas changed to the point that it's much harder and with less rewards?

What really gets me angry is the double standard. Kickback and Wheeljack originally gave the player base a little bit of power, but it didn't take long for that to be fixed. Why isn't the same done to Megatronus or the Raid errors with Quintensson Bases? It really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

All that was needed was a little heads up "Remember, the raid chip increase was only for last month's event." That's all you or the devs had to say. But you didn't.

I spend +$80 a month on this game, and was looking forward to buying Skorponok and Lockdown. Starting now, I will not spend a penny on this game and I encourage others to join me. Ban me if you want, but you're just proving that I speak the truth.
    The difference between a Bug in game, and a tuneable change is pretty big and you cannot compare them. One of them takes engineering time, and investigation, and then time to fix the bug. The other is done server side, and does not require nearly as many hands, or as much time.
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    This is a big slap in the face from Kabam today and a simple apology isn't acceptable. As many have stated the simple lack of communication regarding your change in this event has created a huge backlash from the player base. The comment that really bothers me is the fact you are telling us this decision was also based on the possibility players were colluding to make raids easier. I have every right to put whatever defender I want on my base and so basically Kabam just dished out a punishment to the player base that pay the bills.

I hope the team at Kabam reconsiders the answer given and returns the raid chip rewards to equal last months solely based on the extremely poor communication given to the player base. Clearly there were A LOT of players very excited to have the possibility of acquiring a bot like Megatronus and these surprise changes have been extremely disappointing. Players are quitting and getting very frustrated which is alarming as i'm a loyal fan and play daily. What is this kind of service going to do to the future of a game I have so far really enjoyed for over a year? I hope you guys realize this and make some temporary amends.

Canuck

Can you be more clear about the (Collusion) because we can’t stop doing something we don’t know what it is!!?
  • ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    @Kabam Miike When 9/10 raids are against a Q Base then I don't think it matters what people are doing to their bases.

Also, if it is the 'bases being lowered' that you find problematic, its not like everyone is partaking to have such a large effect on the overall outcome.
  • Wh
    Hey All,

What other events are you talking about? There are only two ways to get it other thencraid week. Am and arena. What are you talking about
  • ldny90ldny90 Posts: 21
    edited October 2018
    Hey All,

Last month, we gave away far too many in the Raid Event, and we adjusted accordingly. What we found was that Commanders were not doing anything else to get the Chips, and were simply waiting for the Raids. They would then only spend Energon on Raids and get the featured Bot far too quickly.

maybe i misunderstood something, but a month ago how could the players know about the major increase to come in bot chips to "simply wait" for the raid event? because i doubt the initial 300% increase in the 7.0 changelog (which would result in like 700 bot chips/raid?) was that tempting to wait for...
  • @Kabam Miike,

Let’s not forget a vital detail about the ways players went about getting bot chips. The change to the chip arena week.

If I recall correctly, there was uproar about the bot chips milestones being increased as many found it to be the more relaxing week before the grind in usual arena’s. The fact less players tried as hard to get the chips in arena has to be considered.

I’ll admit with no shame I have little interest in hitting max milestones, or even close, during bot chip week. The endless grind has put me off it, which is why players, again myself included, done more raiding during last month. The higher milestones put players off doing it due to burnout. Which is why so many asked for bot chip arena week to be reverted to previous, with the returning addition of premium shards, instead of just through rank rewards. That move killed a lot of interest in gaining chips that way.

I’m not trying to bring up old grievances, but please take this into consideration, it’s a logical explanation for the reduced arena bot chip grind, and increased raiding.
  • ToughTough Posts: 237
    Kabam miike, I wholehearlty agree with you. People can gather 1 milk chips way to easy with this event, So i think it show be tuned down even more. It’s been one day since the event, and people are already halfway+ there. I think you guys should continue to monitor this event.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited October 2018
    What we found was that Commanders were not doing anything else to get the Chips, and were simply waiting for the Raids. They would then only spend Energon on Raids and get the featured Bot far too quickly.

So if you don't announce the bot chip bonus for raids until right before since it's a live game, how did these people know they only had to do the raids to get the featured bot? Were they really just that lucky?

Since this can be changed up to the last second, I'm even more so convinced that Kabam looked at how many players were opening bot crystals for dupes and were getting closer to the 5 star featured bot and decided they wanted to put a stop to it.

This is clearly "we don't want people getting the 5 star Megatronus without spending money." 1 million bot chips is not an easy target to hit and even if the bot chip payout was like last month, it would still be pretty hard.

If you're concerned about players the 4 star version, there still shouldn't be a problem getting that even with the reduced bot chip payout. That is even if they don't spend energon on more raid tickets. So that can't be the case.

Don't lie and give us this other stuff about balancing and what not. If you came straight out and said this is the reason why, people would still be mad, but at least probably have more respect for that honesty.

Well, that being said...
    @Kabam Miike I know you're just the messenger and folks are just mad at the situation and lame reasoning and not you personally. Seems like @Kabam Vydious drew the short straw yesterday with the initial response and you drew and even shorter one for today.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    "So if you don't announce the bot chip bonus for raids until right before since it's a live game, how did these people know they only had to do the raids to get the featured bot? Were they really just that lucky?"

Very astute.

• First day of raid event I did 21 raids... 7 were quintession bases and only 1 was a lowered base. In conclusion, your idea of balance is bullshit.
    First day of raid event I did 21 raids... 7 were quintession bases and only 1 was a lowered base. In conclusion, your idea of balance is bullshit.
    You are super lucky, I got 90% guint.

• m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    IDK, justified or not, the optics of the change are just so negative especially when players are basically begging for something positive to get excited about.
    Miikes comments are justified, Raids needs to be looked at and tuned if needed. If people just wait for raids to get 5* bots every month then those 5* will become obsolete because everyone will have them. Therefore pushing kabam to release 6*, something new and rare to get. Having too many players run around with 5* that where MEANT to be DIFFICULT to get is not okay.
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    I had been spending energon to obtain this bot. I steped away from my work, family, and life. I even remained awake till 1 am conducting raids after my kids slept. I was spending to make 33 extra raids per day

I am not aware of any business model that succeeds long term by punishment of customers or ignoring the service they want to pay for. This is quiet a sad display. I am being punished clearly.

Even if players were actually invloved in collusion it does not change the overall cost for tickets to get chips per raid. And frankly irrelevant. Of 27 raids yesterday , majority were quit generated bases fully modded and actually counter metal and chips earning in nature. I personally dropped 200 metals on zero losses.

I feel my wallet closing. I choose not to enrich a vendor who dislikes me, and punishes. At bare minimum my base is mine to manage. I paid for it.

You are forgetting other places to get chips, Raids just make it a ton easier.
  • VirtBeeVirtBee Posts: 21
    I don't think everyone is just waiting for raid week, maybe if they are just going for the 4*, but if your going for the 5* you need every feature chip you can get and you will still be doing 40+ raids a day this week.

Like it was said before, the feature arena used to be the best way to get chips, Then you raised the milestones and that really stopped people from playing, I think that has WAY more reasoning for people waiting for raid week. Its extremely hard to hit those milestones when you have just forged all you arena army away.

Raid week is a grind, don't think I've ever raided this much, 6 more days......

• willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Tough wrote: »
    You are forgetting other places to get chips, Raids just make it a ton easier.

Yeah, but you said "If people just wait for raids to get 5* bots"

Now, with getting chips from all the other sources, arenas, crystals, AM, spotlight, and the chips decreased from last months, it'll take that 4-6 hours a day of raiding for this week, on top of all the other stuff for the month.
This discussion has been closed.