Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

"Non-Mobile Device" Loss Inconveniences

In light of the recent bugfix 7.0.1 which also happened to block "Unsupported non-mobile devices", I will rant and argue on how this change affects me and others.

My "unsupported non-mobile PC device" is my primary playing device, because I absolutely do not like to play the game on my one and only mobile phone (LG U+ G3) whenever possible, because it crashes all the time, for it's not an officially supported mobile device, making it incredibly inconvenient to play on my unofficial official device, especially when health is lost in Alliance Missions due to surprise crashes.

In addition, my primary device had better graphics than my phone, keyboard controls are more precise than putting lots of friction and heat on fingers and phones, and the ease of transferring cache images has helped me in getting the Transformers: Forged to Fight Wiki in decent shape.

I and other players have used "non-mobile devices" to play the game, either for convenience and/or their mobile devices cannot run the game (well), with no intentions of modifying for unfair advantages in any way whatsoever, but nevertheless we were infringing on TOS, and now action has been taken on all users, which is obviously more convenient than banning only the actual hackers and cheaters.

I don't think anything I say will change minds on letting "legal" players play on "PCs" again, but this will turn off players who really want to play the game, but do not have (good) mobile devices, and cannot or will not afford better devices.

As for how this will affect me, The Forged to Fight Wiki will (very very likely) "die" from no new content. And I will have to forcibly downgrade to fuzzy graphics on Crashy-Mc-Crashington. And probably get KOed more to do less chances of full combos and successful dodges.

Comments

• ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    It's a mobile game. Not a PC game
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    What about those Youtube streamers?
    You can connect your device to the computer and screen record.
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    it's an android and ios game. google needs to institute rules for apps in the google play store, that an app can't discriminate against the device that it's being played on, if it is being played on a genuine copy of the android operating system. many people have bought android tablets, computers, game consoles, etc, and those people should be able to play any app they choose as long as their system can play it.
    willdorf wrote: »
    it's an android and ios game. google needs to institute rules for apps in the google play store, that an app can't discriminate against the device that it's being played on, if it is being played on a genuine copy of the android operating system. many people have bought android tablets, computers, game consoles, etc, and those people should be able to play any app they choose as long as their system can play it.

When publishing the game you can select which devices the game will be supported on. So it doesn't matter if the system is Android. If it's an unsupported device then you are out of luck.
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    I actually have worked with android studio, and what you can select is what target version of android you're compiling for. Like you can select kitkat, and then it will work on any android version 4.4 or higher. by selecting a higher version, you can take advantage of features only available in those higher versions.

What kabam is doing is writing code that specifically looks at your device info and if it's one they don't like, it errors out. An app designer could feasibly write code that looks to see if you have a tablet, and not a phone, and won't allow it to run, or even something as crazy as not allowing to be run on devices of a certain manufacturer.

My point is, google owns both android and the google play store. If they want us to buy android devices other than phones, specifically something like the nvidia shield tv, which is touted as an android game console, they need to force the developers that are publishing their apps through the google play store to not discriminate based on device type or manufacturer. If an app developer wants to do such a thing, they can publish their app via another store or via apk from their website.
    I actually have worked with android studio, and what you can select is what target version of android you're compiling for. Like you can select kitkat, and then it will work on any android version 4.4 or higher. by selecting a higher version, you can take advantage of features only available in those higher versions.

What kabam is doing is writing code that specifically looks at your device info and if it's one they don't like, it errors out. An app designer could feasibly write code that looks to see if you have a tablet, and not a phone, and won't allow it to run, or even something as crazy as not allowing to be run on devices of a certain manufacturer.

My point is, google owns both android and the google play store. If they want us to buy android devices other than phones, specifically something like the nvidia shield tv, which is touted as an android game console, they need to force the developers that are publishing their apps through the google play store to not discriminate based on device type or manufacturer. If an app developer wants to do such a thing, they can publish their app via another store or via apk from their website.

Yea but I'm telling you theres more selections than just the OS version. You can select if the app is made for TV or Tablets or whatever.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812

Tested.
    Confirmed no longer compatible with RK3xxx and S9xx Android TV boxes, or even the Shakebyte Vyper.
    Also no longer supported:
    Kirin SoC
    Exynos S6, S7
    Spreadtrum SoC
    Ouya
    JXD S192 Singularity
    GPD Q88, Q88+
    iPhone 5S
    iPhone 6
    iPad Air 2, 3

Wow and those are JUST the ones tested.
    Amazing!
  • why can't you use it? because it would allow you to use a game pad or some other form of exact control mechanism (keyboard) instead of the fuzzy onscreen controls. that provides an unfair advantage. they should just provide support for gamepads though, then that wouldn't be an issue.
    why can't you use it? because it would allow you to use a game pad or some other form of exact control mechanism (keyboard) instead of the fuzzy onscreen controls. that provides an unfair advantage. they should just provide support for gamepads though, then that wouldn't be an issue.

Support for gamepad would definitely be awesome. I was hoping it would be released as Apple TV app but never gonna happen.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    why can't you use it? because it would allow you to use a game pad or some other form of exact control mechanism (keyboard) instead of the fuzzy onscreen controls. that provides an unfair advantage. they should just provide support for gamepads though, then that wouldn't be an issue.

Previously you could MAP the onscreen input to the GPD and JXD device's physical controls.
    Not as smooth as you think, but a laugh.
    Now the wee basterd just crashes whenever you open it, uninstalling causes a 'Your device is not supported' screen on G Play.
  • woo224woo224 Posts: 180
    Now I see the MS_ID error is not just limited to just one specific device. Aoplogies for another assumption. But for now I'm sticking with v7.0.0 until updates are required.
  • Kenner1980Kenner1980 Posts: 30
    edited October 2018
    Does the new update still support the newer Ipad? I don’t think I am breaking the TOS with that do I?
  • Kenner1980 wrote: »
    Does the new update still support the newer Ipad? I don’t think I am breaking the TOS with that do I?

The iPad is fully supported