Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How do you guys fight am cheetor?

For the life of me, i cannot find a way to handle the cheetor miniboss yet for some reason i can take on primal without dying with no trouble (dont know how that works). When fighting cheetor the main issue i have is dodging his melee attacks because they can "reach" just like Motormaster. Sometimes when i sidestep his dashes, i still get hit. (This might be due to trigger delay) So what bots and tactics do you guys use to beat this guy?

Comments

• I think you need to pin him against the wall. I'm just trying out scorponok against him at the moment and he is doing really good. Before that I was fighting him with drift.
  • Drift, combo, retreat, dash back his dash only once, engage, repeat, be ninja while feral strikes up, and he's likely to use special,
    Try to bait sp1, sp2 power rate buff can cause a little inconvenience.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I fight that Cheetor with Bludgeon just far range shooting slicing with his sword some and doing dodging works fine
    The whole thing with Cheetor his attacks are strong he evades a lot!
    So just fight him the way he fights you
    If Cheetor bites you bite him back lol lol 😆
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Well I have creamed Cheetor many many times using Bludgeon
    I’m sad to say I messed up big time in the AM and Cheetor killed me with his red attack ahhh! 😂 lol
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I generally throw my phone after dying and then revive to beat him.

Then I curse kabam for making a scout that is immune to every advantage warriors have over him, except for HR.

Then I curse kabam for making a bot that is immune to everything every bot does and flagrantly false advertising a 25% evade rate during feral strike.

Then I await the day they remove him from AM miniboss duty.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I used to use Hot Rod really aggressively. Now my teammate uses Arcee. Anyone with a good anti evade works. I HATE fighting that dude.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited November 2018
    People are talking about countering his evade but seriously his evade isn't the problem (since you know when it's on). The thing is you take hits here and there when you're confident to counter him and the punishment is too high. The dodging sequence of his melee combo is different. After sidestepping the first dash in and when you know there isn't room to counter, you need to time the second backstep a lil later than usual to avoid getting 'reached'. The safest way is to mix dodging and blocking.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I pray that I get good rng in the fight.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2018
    People are talking about countering his evade but seriously his evade isn't the problem (since you know when it's on). The thing is you take hits here and there when you're confident to counter him and the punishment is too high. The dodging sequence of his melee combo is different. After sidestepping the first dash in and when you know there isn't room to counter, you need to time the second backstep a lil later than usual to avoid getting 'reached'. The safest way is to mix dodging and blocking.

You must play a very low level AM, because there is no "taking hits here and there" against Cheetor at high level. A single combo has the potential to end you every time when you reach a certain difficulty.

And yes, his evade is a problem because you have to back off finishing combos constantly.
  • Or Kabam could remove the BS power wipe against him.. No other mini boss has it!

Difficulty 15 killed BOTH 4* Galvatron and Cyclonus. Max forge and rank, 4x AM relics
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    One combo is death against him, my biggest gripe is I think the fight has to much rng in it. No matter how skilled you are at some point you’ll get feral striked mid special and get pounded.
  • Kenny wrote: »
    One combo is death against him, my biggest gripe is I think the fight has to much rng in it. No matter how skilled you are at some point you’ll get feral striked mid special and get pounded.

This has happened to me last AM and this one. There should at least be a cooldown from evading to special as its flagrantly unfair to the players. We don’t know when a bot is about to evade when we use it, and I highly doubt folks have their thumb itching to launch a special from evade when they could just as easily dodge manually. The AI knows, this is also evident with soundwave, the AI will hold its ground against a ranged heavy for the reflect. Again, not something we can 100% guarantee.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    You just cannot let him pin you against the wall, make sure you have a good distance and treat him like you would with mtm like dashes with his unstoppable. Drift and hr are good counters, but you still gotta be ninja to face him.

He's honestly the strongest boss next to primal.
  • For the life of me, i cannot find a way to handle the cheetor miniboss yet for some reason i can take on primal without dying with no trouble (dont know how that works). When fighting cheetor the main issue i have is dodging his melee attacks because they can "reach" just like Motormaster. Sometimes when i sidestep his dashes, i still get hit. (This might be due to trigger delay) So what bots and tactics do you guys use to beat this guy?

I just chase him around with Bludgeon
  • For the life of me, i cannot find a way to handle the cheetor miniboss yet for some reason i can take on primal without dying with no trouble (dont know how that works). When fighting cheetor the main issue i have is dodging his melee attacks because they can "reach" just like Motormaster. Sometimes when i sidestep his dashes, i still get hit. (This might be due to trigger delay) So what bots and tactics do you guys use to beat this guy?

I just chase him around with Bludgeon

I wish i had the ore to take my Bludgeon to rank 4, but i went ham on Megatronus last month. I used soo many resources to get him to Rank 5. When i get the ore, ill definitely try him
  • I use the Leeroy Jenkins approach. 60% of the time, it works every time.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited November 2018
    Edit: Oops, for some reason my comment for another thread ended up here.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    edited November 2018
    I play very carefully. Granted the highest level Ive taken him on is 31, but I can beat him without any specific counters (my AM team really isnt geared to fight him)