Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Motormaster unstoppable without dashing

Too often when fighting Motormaster, he becomes unstoppable without dashing whatsoever. Basically, he just stands right next to my Bot, attacks and become unstoppable. That only happens with the IA obvisouly. I have trey on numerous occasion to dash when I am close to enemy and the skill does't become active, which is normal since it is clearly required to dash to activate it. Once again, the IA has different set of rules.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2017
    Motormaster has surprisingly avoided getting hit with the nerf bat in general.

Probably because players love having an OP bot they basically can't lose with unless they go full **** in battle. So they don't really complain about him. He is so much better than all the other brawler class bots, he feels like he's in a class all his own.

Ironically, he was blah on release and then a buff made him swing in the complete opposite direction.

He has zero class disadvantage, has bugged unstoppable which I have noticed as well... Not only from standing still, but it will sometimes trigger while I'm hitting him mid combo and he counters without warning... And his reach... Lol.

Having said all that, I've learned how to fight him much more effectively as of late, but I'm not giving away any tactics ;)
  • Hey Guys,

Where are you noticing this happening? The AI should not be able to do anything that players cannot. Is it in base Raids? Because there are Mods that can do that, and he does gain an Unstoppable Buff by using his Special 2 as well. But I just want to rule these out before taking this to the team.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    It is everywhere Motormaster is available in IA, so raids, arenas, story missions, you name it. And it has nothing to do with the Exo-filter. It something that happens in nealy every fight against Motormaster.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    I'll second this. Motormaster unstoppable is bugged. I've also experienced him go unstoppable mid combo, he goes unstoppable on almost every attack regardless to dashing. It's in all modes but certainly present in arena.
  • Anytime I dodge his attack by sidestepping and hit him, unstoppable instantly procs and he counters immediately, often unfairly trapping me in a combo. This happens everywhere I can encounter AI controlled motormaster.
    It's annoying, but I don't want his unstoppable nerfed because it's so useful for dealing with the bots that spam projectiles
  • ladysman_417ladysman_417 Posts: 139
    Maybe you can nerf him by making his dash only eat projectiles,and let the special 2 take all hits. Try making it into two buffs one that works with projectiles ,and the other that can take hits! Maybe even a cool name!
  • MAMILMAMIL Posts: 48
    Hey Guys,

Where are you noticing this happening? The AI should not be able to do anything that players cannot. Is it in base Raids? Because there are Mods that can do that, and he does gain an Unstoppable Buff by using his Special 2 as well. But I just want to rule these out before taking this to the team.

It most definitely has nothing to with mods, I see it more often in Arena than anywhere else
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2017
    It's annoying, but I don't want his unstoppable nerfed because it's so useful for dealing with the bots that spam projectiles
    That's when you don't have a MM :wink: When I'm controlling him I'm like "backstep, dash go! abuse! , backstep, dash go! ..."
  • The AI should not be able to do anything that players cannot.

If that were true, Miike, then why does the AI in Arenas not allow you to retaliate after a combo against you, when on an Arena Streak of 21+?
    Bots in arenas past 20 victories clearly do things the player can't, but that's not the issue, they still can be beaten.

I fought about 10 Motormasters in arenas today and most of them activated Unstoppable while standing still. One even became unstoppable after I hit him with Bee's heavy attack and he just stood there doing nothing...
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    The AI should not be able to do anything that players cannot.

If that were true, Miike, then why does the AI in Arenas not allow you to retaliate after a combo against you, when on an Arena Streak of 21+?

Same reason you can combo then dash back block ect just lower level arena ai too dumb

• Peyote wrote: »
    Bots in arenas past 20 victories clearly do things the player can't, but that's not the issue...

It's an issue for me, especially when you have one of the head mods flat out saying that the AI should never be able to do things that players cannot.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    I agree here too. I had a fight against MM using Windblade and he just stood still while I nailed him with her heavy. But instead of falling down, he just dashed toward her as she was returning to her starting spot, slashed at her with his sword and killed her in jet form. Plenty of other instances though, and not just MM either. I've had AI simply ignore my attacks like they weren't happening, whether it was just standing there doing nothing, or counter-attacking while in the middle of my combo and knocking the crap out of me.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited June 2017
    That's simply because AI let you retaliate under 21 wins.
    A landed or blocked 5-combo (finished by the second medium) always ends with the two players in neutral state, neither the attacker or the attacked is in advantage. Otherwise, you always have to carry a special to link to your combo, but that's not true: you CAN block after your 5-combo. AI can too, it just let you to fight back under 21 wins.

For me, the only advantage AI has over human, is that it doesn't have the reaction time as we do. That's why we need to combo into specials but AI can simply special through your ranged attack, without guessing your moves.
  • NerguryNergury Posts: 22
    If MM started dash attack, can stand through heavy attack. I think most of You guys just couldn't see that he started to dash.
    To win vs MM, guard his dash and step back immediately. Unstoppable rush end by that. Not that hell.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    No, this has nothing to do with not noticing his dash. Unstoppable is bugged. It will trigger mid combo all the time. Read the posts.
    Some of description looks like. Not all I told.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    The AI clearly cheats frames to go straight from attacking to blocking to attacking, and has dash attacks that curve, and will always win in a heavy v heavy contest. I get why they need the advantages, being programs and all, but saying the AI cannot do anything a human can't replicate is an outright lie.
    You can't start a dash when you stand right next to your opponent, you should know that Nergury with the bots you have.

I think we gave enough details to show this is bugged and not because we don't understand how he works.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Lol at Nergury defending MM cuz he's got a r4 4 star Motormaster and doesn't want him fixed.
    Still no news about a fix on this issue.

Would be good to have updates on every bug/issue we spot so we know that something is done as now it just looks like it was forgotten.