Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

BOTM Rating: Jetfire

On a scale of 1-10, rate how good/bad this month’s bot is.

BOTM Rating: Jetfire 53 votes

15%
BeastdadKillMasterCMufc14Bazzatron1979Tracked_SignalBonesetterHUNSlayerHijacker2531 8 votes
3%
Bumblebee254小龙女 2 votes
9%
NemesisUnknownCONTRAAvacalhator_1Bntyhntr3232_Warrior2410 5 votes
15%
MutantdocLouCypherSkBirdmanBlack_ThoughtFallingInStereoktomovSparkEaterXillinxche 8 votes
16%
ParadoxFuryserdoodPhatBoy123Jazz444Red_EyesScarredArachnid333Sycko5Kittenpenehiriwa 9 votes
11%
Down_UnderMr_WonderfulBlackRazakEliteDragonBaRdYaAmNJellybee 6 votes
9%
VouterChuck_CanuckDrShotgunPrimerprime5Firebot 5 votes
13%
Austin555555M00NSparkShredderDaveJLPeasOptimalOptimus_MV1DeadMemeBoi 7 votes
1%
UrAverageMalaka 1 vote
3%
Barricade_2017Franny78 2 votes
Tagged:

Comments

• Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’m not sure 🤔
    If his shields would’ve been reflective shields just like Soundwave he would’ve been much better

I also wish that Jetfire’s rating and power wouldn’t have been so low
    Jetfire is huge whys he so weak ?
    I gave him a 5* rating he could’ve been tons better):
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited December 2018
    If heavys and special 3s only could took energy charges then I'd like him, maybe have his other specials like tantrums' whereby the amount of charges he has determines what buffs he gets (maybe debuffs?)
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    ————
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    I’m not sure 🤔
    If his shields would’ve been reflective shields just like Soundwave he would’ve been much better

Well, there's that episode... Where 1 shot from Thundercracker or Starscream or Skywarp literally deactivated him.
    ONE SHOT.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    I’m not sure 🤔

Well, there's that episode... Where 1 shot from Thundercracker or Starscream or Skywarp literally deactivated him.
    ONE SHOT.

Yep lol 😂
    I’m not sure 🤔

ONE SHOT.

I know the series bro I wish they could’ve buffed him up stronger for Forged To Fight
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I’m not sure 🤔

ONE SHOT.

No wonder why they made him weak over here
    edited December 2018
    Kenny wrote: »
    I’m not sure 🤔

ONE SHOT.

No wonder why they made him weak over here

Ahh.. But if movie/G1 canon were truly the standard for their strengths and weaknesses, Shockwaves' downfall would be a strategically placed tarp/parachute/cheese cloth (movie) or worse yet...
    G1 Shockwaves' uselessness against FEMALE AUTOBOTS!

https://youtu.be/R-ItfWY3xMQ

Even Jetfire is having a laugh
    @BlackRazak you can’t hate dr smoov can you? He is too good with his content
    @BlackRazak you can’t hate dr smoov can you? He is too good with his content

One of a TF fans' great tragedies is that he is no longer active.

He can also single handedly fix the Machinima series
    Jetfire IS good. Just gotta perfectly time blocks
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Jetfire IS good. Just gotta perfectly time blocks

And a high signature, I advise going for a block straight away after a combo
    edited December 2018
    Shockwave says:
    THOSE [Removed by Mod]
    Jetfire's main problem, imo, is that his shock (energy?) charges do everything. Like, literally everything in his kit revolves around building them and discharging them. When it comes to ranged attacks, learning to time it is a curve that I know I won't ever get, but it looks pretty dope. The melee one being 50% block with no reflection back kinda sucks (I would've preferred it to be like Dinobot's, where you still do take damage, but a portion is sent back), but it's better than nothing.
    Now, Jetfire's energy charges increase his power rate when he has them, or he can discharge them as shock damage. OR he can absorb them as HP. OR he can build them up to five in order to get those special bonuses (power lock and repair block) These are all nice, but personally I feel like the threshold for the sp bonuses is kinda high (at 5). This may also just be because I suck at blocking and so build them up super slowly. The ability to choose what you do is probably nice for more skilled players than I.
    It's probably one of those cases like Jazz's sig vs the confusion debuff. While the exhaustion seems counter-intuitive (and its stun point is honestly awkward), his kit's strengths, and getting any potential power drain at all completely overshadow that. The community will probably find the best strength of Jetfire and how to play him and then we'll all think he's great.
    The community will probably find the best strength of Jetfire and how to play him and then we'll all think he's great.
    Wow. That seems so ironic looking back now.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    11. Beyond God tier
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I give him a solid 3...he is the slowest bot in the game...and I haven't found a good use for him yet
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited March 2019
    Jetfire is amazing. Takes a lot of skill to play and is a proper glass cannon, but he is rewarding and can handle pretty much anything.

He can power lock, range buff, parry stun with Scream, get huge block proficiency, repair and purify burns, buff up shields, heal block, apply shock debuff in multiple ways and reflect basic ranged and heavy.

What's bad about that?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I like watching his S3.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I think Jetfire is a solid contender. His style is Definitely unorthodox and takes some getting used to, but he has great synergies and amazing abilities...and his sp3 animation is cool AF.
    After what seems an eternity, my take is ...
    Jetfire could be devastating IF MASTERED.
    Parry, reflections, and supremely good at evade in the hands of the AI.

And he looks BRILLIANT.

So much so i overpaid for his LG07 Takara Toy last week!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Can you players in English screenshot a correct list of JF's abilities in-game? We have them all in MS_UI_ID_XXXX strings.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited March 2019
    Can you players in English screenshot a correct list of JF's abilities in-game? We have them all in MS_UI_ID_XXXX strings.

@KillMasterC I don't think it makes any difference but that's rank 5 5*

evmy8zy8crp2.png
    cl3ewskojwyv.png
    c17iy3fozgf3.png
    z7caix3fedvz.png
    jqzk16ar018k.png
    d7gjy0iv5vtj.png
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    I voted a three.

Jetfire is probably one of the worst bots. I'd reckon Hound is better. However, his parry shield can come in handy and his shocks are pretty powerful. His health and basic damage are piss-poor however and doesn't win anything.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Could someone explain to me the proper uses of jetfire?
  • EliteDragonEliteDragon Posts: 146
    Variable.