Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How do YOU deal with AI that holds Specials?

Lately the AI in this game has been giving me a run for my money. I often find myself dancing around for minutes trying to get the AI to use it's special attack but it just doesn't want to yield. More often than not, I get backed into a corner and am forced to hold down block which isn't good cause you still take a large amount of damage while blocking at high level content. The second I let go of block and try to sidestep, I'm hit with a special attack that i can't avoid because when sidestepping you become vulnerable.

So how do YOU handle being backed into a corner. How do you deal with the AI holding their special attacks? Any advice is welcome and keep it civil guys.

Comments

• You can backstep against the wall. Thats what i do when im trapped against the corner, let them miss all their hits in their combo and counter. Problem solved. with the AI not using specials, there really is nothing you can do unless you have a power drainer. Ive tried this and it sort of works. If im dancing around for like 5 minutes, i pause the game for like 10-20 seconds and they tend to use a special. Check if it works
  • I find that you have to start baiting from sp1. It's much harder to bait a sp2. I had Grindor holding on to his sp2 for more than a minute in AM level 46 today.
  • You can backstep against the wall. Thats what i do when im trapped against the corner, let them miss all their hits in their combo and counter. Problem solved. with the AI not using specials, there really is nothing you can do unless you have a power drainer. Ive tried this and it sort of works. If im dancing around for like 5 minutes, i pause the game for like 10-20 seconds and they tend to use a special. Check if it works

This doesn't work very well. When backstepping, a combo against a wall, the AI will back off on the 3rd or 4th hit then rush back in and get me. That pausing the game thing doesn't appear to be working either
  • @Mutantdoc i think you're right. Getting an SP1 out of the AI seems a bit easier than an S2.
  • Yeah when I get backed up in a corner I panic and ...KO lol. The other option is Jazz of course to force a sp 1
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited December 2018
    Always keep some space behind you and get your bot back on the diameter. They love to waste their specials seeing you coming back onto the diameter, even when you two are far away.

When enemy blocks your combo, finish the first 4 hits (except for shock block/Tantrum/Dinobot) to push them back to their half of the arena.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    How do I handle being backed into a corner?

Well first of all, I try to avoid the corner. You can do this just by staying close to that midline you start on. Another thing you can do is backstep against the wall, it works quite well against bots with melee heavies. Lastly, you can activate specials just for the sake of pushing the enemy back to their side, for example when I’m fighting primal with g1 Megatron I’ll often use his special 1 even with 3 stacks of armor breaks just to push the ape back a little.

How do I deal with the AI holding specials?

That depends a lot on the situations, if they are near death I’ll often bum rush them and hope they die. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t.
    Other times all you can do is wait’n’bait. Most of the time the bot will use it though.

Extra advice?
    Stay away from the corner
    Stay near the midline
    Keep the AI on their side
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    uyyzbd43746h.gif
    —————
  • Drain power, or
    Keep attacking and filling them to sp3, and hope I kill them before they kill me