Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Generic Bot Chip Discussion Thread

Comments

• iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Diaclone wrote: »
    I find the lack of response to critical questions about the game’s future very disturbing. There are a lot of concerned players here.

Chances are he was told to ignore them.
  • KaiKai Posts: 6
    Imagine what if this was a "You've been punked!" moment?
  • Commanders!

We've just announced the addition of Generic Bot Chips to the Fight! Take a look at the Announcement Post here: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/7258/introducing-generic-bot-chips#latest

YOU TRIGGERED ME
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited January 2019
    Diaclone wrote: »
    I find the lack of response to critical questions about the game’s future very disturbing. There are a lot of concerned players here.

I find your lack of faith disturbing

em5tsd87pa3g.gif
  • I wonder how much Kabam would sell this for.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Makes me wanna see the deleted Gerald post more.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    So I still think back to the last spotlight mentioning the Titan Megatronus found. Maybe this is just us shifting gears into a brand new game mode. Maybe bot chips to get those 5*s are gonna be required to tackle something on a grand scale....like TFEWs new alliance raid mode...where it takes the entire team to make a dent.
    I don't think the game is dying. We have ALOT of bots out there. I have a good roster but still have LOTS to do. I'm staying positive...otherwise I'd feel stupid for spending all this time.
    I'm hoping for something big. I am disappointed however that we all thought we were getting a new bot in a few days. The announcement of Jetfire should've come with the message "this will be out last feature bot for a while"
    We are a planning community

Agreed possibly a 2nd anniversary special Act 4 ! 😁
    I imagine Kabam is going to do a 2nd anniversary special and we will need 5*s to tackle act 4 👍

Just a suggestion I’m hoping for this
  • What I think are the possible situations:

1. New bot addition is paused to fix long standing game issues. New bots are additional variables (on top of fast changing phone hardware, OS versions, etc.) that complicate fixes.

2. Players are being ushered in to focus on upgrading their roster instead of acquiring new bots. Maybe so that more players could handle (while also justifying) new & harder content. After all, why spend resources to make content for the few who can consume them.

3. The game is dying.

Regardless of the situation, I’ll play & pay as I normally did before. After all, I’ve always been more interested in experiencing the game (its bots, mechanics, etc.) than in actually beating it (though that would be nice too).

So if the game dies, at least I had fun. If it doesn’t, at least my roster is better than before. Besides, what would I be playing anyway -- this is the mobile fighting game that I liked most so far.
  • DragmaDragma Posts: 70
    So, what happened to the previous events chips, ie Megatronus, scorponok, etc...
  • I’m going to keep playing and be optimistic about this. Being able to choose which 5* bot to get sounds good to me and I have a feeling Kabam is cookin up something mean.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited January 2019
    So I could be wrong, but I have been here before in other games.

In my humble opinion, and I hope I am wrong, but the is “help the player base come to grips” 101.

Things that have stopped in recent months:
    1) New monthly load screen
    2) New mods to compliment new bots
    3) New relics (now recycled)
    4) New film tie-ins
    5) New bug fixes
    6) New updates (anyone remember the last giant nothingburger?!)
    7) New feature bots (now recycled)

...sure, something great is on the way. Or this all points to one very obvious outcome.

Kabam have been nudging us there for some time guys. Has anyone else noticed that none of the above have ever been addressed in the last few months, though many have asked.

They let us complete our 5 star upgrade, they gave it thier best with the G1 Prime AE event, but both have failed to generate adequate income to justify the resources needed to maintain the game. They realized that after the Christmas offer, and in good faith couldn’t justify a New Year’s offer so close to this devastating announcement.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Vavatron wrote: »
    6) New updates (anyone remember the last giant nothingburger?!)

I have this theory that 7.0 was supposed to be this awesome update. The mods pumped it up on the forums and they had this countdown reward calendar leading up to it. Then everything was shuttered for whatever reason (probably to do more work on some other game) and we ended up getting what we got.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    First of all, NO NEW BOTS= NO NEW SPOTLIGHT= NOTHING TO SPEND ENERGY ON!! 😭
    Secondly I don't quite understand how this new system will work yet but find out next week anyway
    Finally, can you spare some staff from MCoC, please I don't like change so drastic😧

You'll still be able to earn Bot chips from all the modes that you could before, including Spotlight Missions! We realize that this is a big change, but hope that you guys will like the Ability to choose which Bot you're after, and the chance to do this more leisurely, since the Bot Chips will no longer be converted!

So there is a spotlight still? I'm even more confused now 😲
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    First of all, NO NEW BOTS= NO NEW SPOTLIGHT= NOTHING TO SPEND ENERGY ON!! 😭
    Secondly I don't quite understand how this new system will work yet but find out next week anyway
    Finally, can you spare some staff from MCoC, please I don't like change so drastic😧

You'll still be able to earn Bot chips from all the modes that you could before, including Spotlight Missions! We realize that this is a big change, but hope that you guys will like the Ability to choose which Bot you're after, and the chance to do this more leisurely, since the Bot Chips will no longer be converted!

So there is a spotlight still? I'm even more confused now 😲

Yes, probably with the 3 new-ish bots as the three chapter bosses.
  • @Kabam Miike so featured bots are extincted now. Ne=er to return?
  • szdhxacegg80.png

This doesn’t exactly fill me with hope for the game.... unable to buy energon
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    @Kabam Miike so featured bots are extincted now. Ne=er to return?

How many times are you gonna ask that question when you know the answer?
  • Wait, surely they’re just taking a pause in releasing new bots but will release more soon right? They must have AT LEAST a few bots left in the back log and are just saving them for a later time.

If they’re never going to releases new bots however... then I fear the worst
  • So @Kabam Miike does this mean I can save my bot chips for the rotation in june or july if I don't like any of the released bots?
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    So now you can grind for jazz MM and bludgeon .. bots that were exclusive a month ago (or so ) , feel sad for the players who bought that 100$ deal to get one of these . But if you look at this scene i can only think of that the game's gonna die in 4-5 months tops because since there won't be any new bots till kabam is done putting up exclusive 5* bots in the store that we can grind for . After that it's either someone else buys this game or Sayonara playerbase.
  • So basically with no new bot developments, still no word on Act 4, nor are we seeing any new game modes, it’s safe to assume the game is bleeding out. We all noticed it months ago, addressed the concern in many different formats, and still got (and are constantly being given) pointless responses and run around answers. They could at least give us even the tiniest bit of assurance this game has big updates ahead, but nothing. All we can do is sit with crossed fingers and hope the Kabam team has something huge in store behind the scenes...
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited January 2019
    So @Kabam Miike does this mean I can save my bot chips for the rotation in june or july if I don't like any of the released bots?

As the original announcement reads - you can save your chips for whichever bot you want. They are permanent.

You can save for February, March or whichever month you prefer, deciding between one of tree 5 stars bots that will be changed every month.

With that said, it will be dreadful grinding experience. Getting 5* bot + duping it costs 2 300 000 shards. At my current play time (6+ hours a day with much arena grinding), I'm able to do around 750 000 featured bot chips, which means that I could get 2 bots in 3 months time or 1 duped bot. So as for me, that's huge downgrade, based on the fact that we could had awakened 4* bot every month and keeping in mind that there's no much content besides ROTK, that actually utilizes the power that 5* bots give (but even for ROTK 4* are more than enough for more skillful than me players).
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    edited January 2019
    With no new content actually needing 5* to beat not sure will grind much..but hey..can we get a t4b or t2a daily spark mission added like the t3c so thr computer can do the wasted time on auto? Help me rank up 5* I wont need?

Be fair to me a former paying customer to save some further waste of time? I really don't feel need to grind a spotlight thats the same boss each month by hand.

Im sure you'll get that suggestion to the " development team" :D
  • CitrusGamingCitrusGaming Posts: 4
    edited January 2019
    I dont know what im gonna say but im afraid of the game being shut down. I have a dissease but forged to fight is like a painkiller that make me forget about the hard life i have:(
  • NebH6NebH6 Posts: 1
    @Kabam Miike say something, anything to reassure everyone that this game isn’t dying and that you have at least something planned,

ppppllleeeeeeaaaaaaasssssseeeeeee!!!!!!