Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

They Nerfed Rachet!

I forged him 100% and maxed him out. This was such a waste of Gold, Alphas etc... Will Kabam send out Rank down Tickets to compensate us?

Comments

• Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Will Kabam release rank down tickets in Mcoc again?Of course not, same as this game
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Ratchet did not need another nerf. Heal is already severely underpowered compared to DoT effects.

Self diagnostics was not overpowered considering his pillow fists and the fact he takes insane damage from everything, even in class advantage fights. This once again has the odour of kabam wanting to nickel and dime players into buying revives, yet they won't put single bot alliance mission revives in the store, only squad ones.

Literally the only game mode ratchet had any kind of worth in was AM. Could mop up all the schlubs so you could save you real bots for real challenges. In every other mode there is a better option over him. Now he's generic bot 101 alongside bludgeon.

Congrats kabam, I was ready to open my wallet when you released a 4* version, but you've convinced me that nothing is worth the cash when many other bots and mods needed nerfs over this one.
  • Options
    MegatronMegatron Posts: 30
    Bah, he was always a redundant excuse for a medic...
  • Options
    So when can I get a refund on this ranked up Ratchet. Seems like a waste now to reduce his abilities. He's not very useful now. What other bots received nerfs in this game...seems very odd.
  • Options
    2Pocalypse2Pocalypse Posts: 39
    What's been nerfed with him?
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited July 2017
    nerfing him is the biggest mistake Kabam did till now for this game.

Suggestions if Kabam is sticking on nerfing Rachet:

1. Rachet is a slow burner.. he takes time to bring down an opponent + heal in the process. Taking away energy regen from his heavy makes this even harder to reach 3rd special too. (This should NEVER be removed.. u can make heal at 50% but energy regen on heavy attack is VITAL for Rachet's skill casting - his base and skills damage is already low compare with the likes of Mirage and Rhinox?)
    2. Taking away heal from heavy damage and making it trigger at 50% means players will be forced to use 2nd special to HEAL.. but that skill's damage is so low? Meaning Rachet is expose to even more incoming damage before able to cast 3rd special (opponents will be harder to deal with too). Perhaps making his 2nd skill deal much more damage to be useful?
    3. Rachet's first skill does little damage too.. also needs a boost. Making it stun 100% of a time with shock DOT damage might help.
    4. 3rd special - where Rachet inflicts Shock and crashes on the opponent is the MEAT of Rachet's damage. But with all these changes now it makes this skill even less likely to be casted in a battle. Taking away energy regen on heavy attacks make it less likely this skill will be used often. Hence increasing this skill's damage to double to what it is now would help on his overall damage output (presently it doesn't deal that much damage unless if it crits).

I understand Kabam views Rachet as being OP (and takes away revenue from potions).. but nerfing him down all the way to useless state is gonna enraged the players. They shouldn't have nerf him to begin with right now (should only do so when 4* Rachets rank 3 is more common <-- this is confirmed to be OP). Many of us rely on him to clear some of the bots in AM (to reduce reliance on potions).. and some have even invested much resources on Rachet.. and now you give them a shocker nerf without any discussion with the community earlier. Bad move Kabam.. if you plan to do such a heavy nerf on a character many are using please do consult us beforehand.. it will save all of us the trouble and frustration.
  • Options
    MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    Damage reduction wasn't even that high it was like 14%
  • Options
    MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Whatever the damage reduction was it was not noticeable. Look we will adapt. I can still keep his health at about 50-60% but just have to not get hit with a special once he is low in health
  • Options
    SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    edited July 2017
    Where are the patch notes for his nerf btw? I also heard motormaster was next?
  • Options
    BwayneBwayne Posts: 1
    The only balance this brings about is for Kabam's account books...

He's attacks are weak and the only thing he had for him was the regen to balance his weakness. Aggressive players usually don't use him much as he play style is more defensive.

Nerfing regen rates = more potion use = increased revenue.

They did the same to SW in MCoC and what saved her from total annihilation was the big whale boycott.
  • Options
    MM was also nerfed, I wasted money and time for this bait and switch....
  • Options
    Nerf to mm reduces duration of unstoppable. They claim this will make him easier to counter, but I disagree. This hurts players more than the AI, which still is able to trigger unstoppable at times it should not trigger.
    I'm very frustrated that they 0 notice nerfed 2/3 of my AM team. It's a massive slap in the face. Guess they want me to be a free player...I don't reward bad behavior.
  • Options
    yes, I was hoping this game would not follow Mcoc's unfair ways. I was a big spender but I will vote with my wallet from now on.
  • Options
    sexybeastsexybeast Posts: 6
    I am just more shocked they did it so early on in this new game. Ratchet was never OP and you still had to play him skilfully to win your battles. I have been testing him out continuously since the nerf and I can confirm he is a useless bot now. The self heal nerf is one thing, but the removal of power gain has wrecked him. I can't even get him to his s3 by the end of the fight now. Maybe some fights the opponent has a sliver of health left, which by then is useless anyway. I have just spent the last couple weeks 4/40 him and forging him up with 11 bots to 80/100. So that is approximately 700k+ gold (no idea on amount of ore and essence used) spent on leveling my 2 stars to max to forge him.

So now he isnt going to be used at all for anything anymore. I'm pretty disgusted with this move by Kabam tbh. There should certainly be a rank down item given to those who want to do it. If they want to make money from AM by killing him, then at least allow us the resources we lost to have someone else to play in there to replace him.

This wasn't a nerf. It was the death of a great bot.
  • Options
    BlazinhobbsBlazinhobbs Posts: 135
    I finally found a answer 2 all my problems maxed my 3* ratchet and finally duped him was so happy not uaving 2 use repairs much and u ruined him i pretty much hate u with a passion kabam
  • Options
    MezoriMezori Posts: 38
    I got a warning yesterday for my non constructive criticism so all I'll say is that our alliance is completely enraged at these changes, some are even considering leaving the game because of it. I'm so very disappointed in this nerf. With all the valid points mentioned above could you not reconsider these changes, Kabam? The OV family had 4 alliances rate in the top 17 this last AM, please don't ruin what took us so long to get to. I understand that you'll sell more potions this way but if you drive away your customers, not sure how that is going to work out for you. Considering the last Transformers move did the worst of all the movies, not sure this was the best time to drop the news that we're also going to nerf everyone's favorite bot. I imagine you were hoping the new movie would drive players in and now your driving them out. Please heavily consider the valid complaints that are being voiced here before it's too late.
  • Options
    My alliance had two members quit the game since the update already. We're in the top 20 for AM so we have dedicated players. I'm having a hard time logging in to the game right now as well due to the feelings of once again being cheated by Kabam.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on the adjustments to Ratchet. As we have said in the past, we are committed to continuously monitoring the effectiveness of Bots and Mods, and adjusting them as needed to ensure that we do not get into a situation in the future where the balance of the game is shifted by one or two bots.

We do not want to get into a situation where those one or two bots are dictating the difficulty of content, and making it much more punishing for any player that doesn't have those bots. That's a dangerous place to be, and we're going to make sure that we don't get there by ensuring that we are constantly keeping all of our Bots in balance.

Since the game has left Beta, there have been 18 adjustments made to Mods and Bots, and we're only at 2.1. This is a common practice in many games on many platforms, and one we're going to continue.

We are now going to continue to monitor Ratchet's performance, and ensure that he remains useful and in line with the rest of the Bots in game.
  • Options
    PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    If you guys really had to rely on one single bot to play this game, there was clearly an issue with it and it just shows that he was too powerful compared to other bots.
    Even though the nerf might feel like a big deal, Ratchet will still be useful under 50% of life.

And everyone is ranting about him, but no one talks about Motormaster. He also got nerfed in a big way, but everyone seems ok about it. So stop being so one sided because YOUR bot was changed.
  • Options
    MontanaManMontanaMan Posts: 11
    I forged him 100% and maxed him out. This was such a waste of Gold, Alphas etc... Will Kabam send out Rank down Tickets to compensate us?
    Gotta agree! I needed a Tech and Ratchet seemed to fit the bill, plus I forged the heck out of him! Now nerfed, he's average at best. Would love to redo and take Soundwave to the top tier. Really liked Ratchet, but he's was weak to begin with, now useless...
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Peyote wrote: »
    If you guys really had to rely on one single bot to play this game, there was clearly an issue with it and it just shows that he was too powerful compared to other bots.
    Even though the nerf might feel like a big deal, Ratchet will still be useful under 50% of life.

And everyone is ranting about him, but no one talks about Motormaster. He also got nerfed in a big way, but everyone seems ok about it. So stop being so one sided because YOUR bot was changed.

He's not really useful anymore even under 50% health. If you get under 50%, then you get back his most useful ability which is his power gain. Except this also triggers his repair which will stop the power gain once you hit 50% health again. So between 50% - 100% health, what abilities do you have have with Ratchet? Basic fighting and some range shots that may shock. An SP1 that may stun but is light in damage?

It just seems like the changes with Ratchet went a little too far. Is there any other bot now where his best ability is turned on and off like that? It just seems like Kabam's solution to fixing Ratchet was only based on taking away healing and increasing item usage. It doesn't seem well thought out as to how it would affect the overall fighting ability of the bot.
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    edited July 2017
    Is Peyote a Kabam employee because wow. It's not about people relying on one bot it's about making something you invested in practically useless. These countless posts explain how bad this nerf is. I did not play MCOC but I would never have imagined such a crazy modification in a non-pvp game other than to make people spend money on heals.

I feel cheated for having invested in him. If Kabam wants to stick with this then fine I'll adjust but this is resulting in a waste of my time and resources. That's like saying hey I broke your Mercedes but you can still drive it as long as you don't go over 25mph.

@Kabam Miike this isn't a great explanation. Adjusting a game coming out of beta is one thing. Ratchet hasn't dictated content and you need to do something for those that put the resources into him. The fact your even going to reference common practices across the industry is ludicrous, what are you referring to, pay to win games? Because that's all this looks like.
  • Options
    vucachonvucachon Posts: 30
    Hey All,

Thank you for the feedback on the adjustments to Ratchet. As we have said in the past, we are committed to continuously monitoring the effectiveness of Bots and Mods, and adjusting them as needed to ensure that we do not get into a situation in the future where the balance of the game is shifted by one or two bots.

We do not want to get into a situation where those one or two bots are dictating the difficulty of content, and making it much more punishing for any player that doesn't have those bots. That's a dangerous place to be, and we're going to make sure that we don't get there by ensuring that we are constantly keeping all of our Bots in balance.

Since the game has left Beta, there have been 18 adjustments made to Mods and Bots, and we're only at 2.1. This is a common practice in many games on many platforms, and one we're going to continue.

We are now going to continue to monitor Ratchet's performance, and ensure that he remains useful and in line with the rest of the Bots in game.

I just took my ratchet to R4 and began forging bots into him. Used him in quest just now just to see his changes... Dear god he is so much weaker now. this nerf was too major. Thanks for serving out those deals and giving us the opportunity to rank things that were gonna be nerfed right after. really appreciate it. This bot is not balanced. this bot is now a POS.
  • Options
    PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    EYeah, of course I work for Kabam, that's why I have been complaining about bugs not being fixed in the past... Things you read in here!!

People aren't happy because they upgraded a Bot that is less powerful, but still a good Bot, just not cheated anymore. You could do basically every fights with him without losing health, so yeah, there's was obvisouly a problem. Seeing so many people using him just shows how powerful he was, to the extent that most people had him on their team. Again, what about Motomaster nerf, I upgraded my 3* when he was a beast, now he is good but not as much. You don't see me whining about it.

I think people should actually read terms and conditions a bit more instead of comparing this to cars. This couldn't be further from being the same. The game/online/digital industry has specific sets of rules that actually let them do pretty much what they want. Is that fair? Not at all! But maybe you guys shoudln't be surprised about it.
  • Options
    People aren't happy because they upgraded a Bot that is less powerful, but still a good Bot, just not cheated anymore. You could do basically every fights with him without losing health, so yeah, there's was obvisouly a problem. Seeing so many people using him just shows how powerful he was, to the extent that most people had him on their team. Again, what about Motomaster nerf, I upgraded my 3* when he was a beast, now he is good but not as much. You don't see me whining about it.

this is a post about ratchet. Why are you in here talking about Motor?
    Oh, you may not be complaining about YOUR motor, but you are complaining about other people complaining about ratchet.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited July 2017
    The change to MM was more to help fighting against him. It actually didn't change his fighting ability much when you use him. As long as you're smart about using him and just not charging in every single time, he's still the monster he always was.

Ratchet is a totally different bot now.
  • Options
    GrrGrr Posts: 24
    You absolutely ruined Ratchet, without his power gain ability he is unable to finish fights effectively.. He now needs either an attack buff or you need to return his power gain.. 100% disappointed @kabam
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    lol. i think @Peyote flagged my comment. what for? lol
    vucachon wrote: »

this is a post about ratchet. Why are you in here talking about Motor?
    Oh, you may not be complaining about YOUR motor, but you are complaining about other people complaining about ratchet.

• Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    EYeah, of course I work for Kabam, that's why I have been complaining about bugs not being fixed in the past... Things you read in here!!

I think people should actually read terms and conditions a bit more instead of comparing this to cars. This couldn't be further from being the same. The game/online/digital industry has specific sets of rules that actually let them do pretty much what they want. Is that fair? Not at all! But maybe you guys shoudln't be surprised about it.

Thanks for explaining the gaming industry to me. You know it's not as if I've been playing since Atari and all. I actually thought my analogy was pretty good. Also your comparison to MM is dumb. They basically took away Ratchet's signature ability and replaced it with nothing. In your example it would have been like reducing his heal a % not removing it until 50%. T&Cs mean they can do but they shouldn't. You sure sound like a Kabammer but troll away.