Homeâ€ș General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Useless special attacks đŸ˜„

Simply put some bots have special attacks that don't have any real abilities that make them useful, ones I can think of right now are motormaster's and bludgeon's special 1, they literally don't do anything other than do extra damage that otherwise melee would also do.

So any ideas as to what they could do to make us want to use them?

In regards to motormaster's I don't really know, bludgeon's however I wish it gave a crit rate buff or something to make use off his Sig or unlikely bleeds

Comments

• KenKen Posts: 53
    Windblades SP3
    Starscream SP2 - 3(If opponent not buffed)
    Megatronus SP3 after 1st fused shock, it's hard to keep the stacks sometimes
  • KenKen Posts: 53
    Ken wrote: »
    Windblades SP3

Smh I just said Megatronus (I hate this phone) I meant OG Megatron
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Windblades SP3

Windblades sp3 has a stun chance I believe
    Starscreams s2 can do huge damage and armour breaks
    Megatrons sp3 shocks and overloads fusion cannon - but why would you use it more than once?

Motormaster sp1 can stun with synergy but ultimately it is useless.

Bludgeons sp1 is pretty useless but it does do 4 hits which can all cause bleed I believe.

Not all specials have to be useful - change your gamestyle around them. Yes Scream's sp3 is useless in some situations but really good in others, so use his other specials.

Ultra Magnus' sp3 is pretty useful, so why bother using it?
  • Unduped Sharkticons
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Windblades SP3

Screamers Sp2 can break 60% Armour
    Bruh i believe that's the highest armour break % among all bots with that ability.
    edited February 2019
    Bah!
    What about useless SP1, terrible SP2 and laughable SP3?

I present:
    HOUND

sp1 burn - good for getting through nanojack shields or getting a burn debuff for the crit hits
    sp2 bleeds - good with deep wounds or again, getting through nanojack. Hard to evade too.
    sp3 armour buff, bleeds and the lengthy crit resist debuff

assuming nobody switches modes unless fighting arcee or cheetor.

sure they don't do a ton of damage (sp1 and sp2 have potential to) but they have their uses if you can play him properly
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Bah!

I present:
    HOUND

sp1 burn - good for getting through nanojack shields or getting a burn debuff for the crit hits
    sp2 bleeds - good with deep wounds or again, getting through nanojack. Hard to evade too.

sure they don't do a ton of damage (sp1 and sp2 have potential to) but they have their uses if you can play him properly

well, between your post and avatar,
    i christen thee Patron Saint of S***e Robots.
    Arise!

PS- yes on all your points, and i DO enjoy using Hound, but on AMs or high arenas he's technically self mutilation
    edited February 2019
    Bah!

I present:
    HOUND

well, between your post and avatar,
    i christen thee Patron Saint of S***e Robots.
    Arise!

PS- yes on all your points, and i DO enjoy using Hound, but on AMs or high arenas he's technically self mutilation

I have no problems using him in arena. His synergy is more useful in AM than he is, granted.

My Hound is r5/50 with sig 90 though.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I mostly meant special attacks that don't have ANY abilities or stats to go with it, as in they just do damage.

But yeah, there are a few that could definitely be improved on
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Megatrons sp3 shocks and overloads fusion cannon - but why would you use it more than once?

Well, you can stack up to three shock stacks though only one can be fused. The others you can reset the timer by hitting a med combo. Deals a pretty good amount of damage. Probably only good for ROK or ROTK as most fights would be over by the time you can stack three of them.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Simply put some bots have special attacks that don't have any real abilities that make them useful, ones I can think of right now are motormaster's and bludgeon's special 1, they literally don't do anything other than do extra damage that otherwise melee would also do.

So any ideas as to what they could do to make us want to use them?

In regards to motormaster's I don't really know, bludgeon's however I wish it gave a crit rate buff or something to make use off his Sig or unlikely bleeds

When Bludgeon uses a special, including his 1, there is a +60% chance to inflict bleed on critical blade attacks.
    Bah!

I present:
    HOUND

To be fair, Kabam are reinstating Hound's TRUE powerset info F2F.
    He was pointlessly 'badarse' in the Bayverse.
    In the cartoons, he couldn't beat THIS guy:

rnf9jr3n8nwb.jpg
    Manthro wrote: »
    Sorry but....

Award for lamest sp3 easily goes to Grindor.

Low damage (unless the AI uses it for some reason) and pointless Crit buff.

Needs to be able to throw a permanent Crit debuff. Then it would be useful, and okay into his skillset.

Or inflicts SERIOUS BURN!!
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019
    I would’nt call Bludgeon’s SP1 useless he was my 1st 4* Warrior he’s been my pal ever since his SP1 starts the bleeds going unless there’s an armor buff on the other opponent then at that point I guess you can call it useless lol 😂

At least Bludgeons SP1 always works on Scouts 👍
  • Grindor probably has the worst sp3 but his sp2 more than makes up for it, especially duped and playing aggressively. His sp3 needs something like a 8 second burn or something to make it relevant, maybe with increasing damage % based on however many crit debuffs you inflict, with a chance to inflict a permanent debuff (sorry for stealing that from an earlier suggestion, but it’s a good idea). It’s a shame as it’s actually quite a quick and cool animation, just needs to do more.

Either way, he needs a rework to keep him relevant, why inflict crit debuffs when you can just bring primal and be immune to crits?

Hound is another contender for worst set of specials in general, as mentioned grindor’s sp2 is great.

Maybe soundwave and windblade could do with a sp3 buff as well, would love to see a little more damage from them, maybe more power leak/extended power lock for soundwave. No real reason to use sp3 over a sp2 with either of them for the damage done.

I visited some dude's base with a nanojack in the middle node, sig 100, R4 5*.

Literally ALL MY SPECIAL ATTACKS WERE USELESS

note to self: max out DOT fella
    edited February 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »

Well, you can stack up to three shock stacks though only one can be fused. The others you can reset the timer by hitting a med combo. Deals a pretty good amount of damage. Probably only good for ROK or ROTK as most fights would be over by the time you can stack three of them.

Dang, looks like I screwed up doing the quote thing.

Anyways, I would say Motormaster’s S3. Sure it does some armor break, power rate debuff, and one more I think, but when you lose health from launching your own special attack, makes you not want to use it. Except for maybe in arenas where you don’t have to worry about the next right.

Anyways, I would say Motormaster’s S3. Sure it does some armor break, power rate debuff, and one more I think, but when you lose health from launching your own special attack, makes you not want to use it. Except for maybe in arenas where you don’t have to worry about the next right.

It a roll of the dice, I personally having a high amount of armour breaks or power debuffs, I think one time his special 3 inflicted 4 or 5 attck debuffs and the bot I was fighting literally did NO DAMAGE
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    SP1s: Quick suppression
    SP2s: DAMAGE
    SP3s: Basically an unblockable reflection of the bot overall.
    I think the award should go to Wind.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544

I'm disagree with you. Motormaster's SP3 can do very good amount of damage. Sure he is losing his life but it does that if the opponent not k.o.
  • The only time windblade's sp3 can come in really handy, is against AM Primal so you can fast-forward through that 'phase 1'/ 15 hits rubbish.
    Sometimes it's like that a hole turns on 'predictive attack' or 'psychic react' mod after hit 14.
    It a roll of the dice, I personally having a high amount of armour breaks or power debuffs, I think one time his special 3 inflicted 4 or 5 attck debuffs and the bot I was fighting literally did NO DAMAGE
    DonApis wrote: »
    I'm disagree with you. Motormaster's SP3 can do very good amount of damage. Sure he is losing his life but it does that if the opponent not k.o.

I have lost health even when the S3 deals a KO so there’s no guarantee you won’t lose HP.

I do agree with you guys that his S3 does a lot of damage and the debuffs he does can be great. But let’s say you bring him to AM and you’re in room 1 and end up with a S3 against an opponent. Do you use it?

I have lost health even when the S3 deals a KO so there’s no guarantee you won’t lose HP.

I do agree with you guys that his S3 does a lot of damage and the debuffs he does can be great. But let’s say you bring him to AM and you’re in room 1 and end up with a S3 against an opponent. Do you use it?

1. I never lose health when k.o an opponent.
    2. Yes. I'll using S3 if the opponent confirm k.o

Has anyone’s Motormaster been knocked out from that TINY health penalty?
    JKIN wrote: »

Nope.
    JKIN wrote: »

Nope.

It would be hilarious though.

I think Wasp’s SP3 should have more of a health penalty because he gets slapped and then proceeds to blow himself up.

And Ramjet?