Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best Tech to increase sig ability?

I have every 4* Tech bot duped except Blaster. So, among...

Jetfire
Mirage
Ratchet
Rhinox
Shockwave
Soundwave

...which signatures are most worth raising?

My main team is Beast Wars and I use Rhinox more than all the other Techs combined. But I want to put together a strong alt team with non-BW bots. That makes me think maybe Shockwave is the best bet. What do you guys think?

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    From my research it’s wheeljack, jetfire, and ratchet, wish shock boy’s sig went up to 50%
  • LOL, can't believe I forgot to include Wheeljack in the list. Yeah, obvs WJ is a top contender.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    edited February 2019
    WJ.

Obviously.

I use him as the Tech on my Mission team, and my profile pic, and memeing. His tilted pic makes for really good memeing.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Soundwave, Mirage, Jetfire, Wheeljack
    Ratchets is a strange one, mainly because I don't know the figures involved. Same with Shockwave.

Soundwave gets really really reliable and good at the really high levels and you can use it to completely alter playstyle. I imagine the same to be true of Blaster, but I haven't tested it.
    Mirage is the same, you can really feel the effect of his sig at higher levels - especially on s1.
    Jetfire is only good if you use him and the skill to use him - high sig Jetfire has some serious staying power.
    Wheeljack I feel is less important - more important to have nanorepair.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    There are only two a few tech bots that govw great returns beyond Sig 1.

Mirage
    Ratchet
    Soundwave
    JF

Of those 4, all except mirage only have good payoffs at very high Sig.

Mirage basically gets 3 for 1 return on his Sig ability, and it scales incredibly well making it well worth the Sig programs.

WJ only needs to be awakened, realistically. Shockwave Sig is kinda meh unless you have 60+ sig, and same goes for the rest.

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Not really true for WJ and speaking as I use him in main teams. After nano repair the high sig can prevent all damage from long specials and greatly helps charging your own s3 after nano wears off. Perfect example is AM lane 2.2 and HR s3. Made him far easier once you have the shield for the whole animation. Unless of course your using him as a max 5*.

IMO it’s tied between SW WJ and Mirage. All depends on who you use.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Fought a shockwave at sig 92 on a base with robot resource. If you know what i mean.
    So my vote goes for shockwave or either soundwave because their sig ability makes them annoying to fight against.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Slayer wrote: »
    Fought a shockwave at sig 92 on a base with robot resource. If you know what i mean.
    So my vote goes for shockwave or either soundwave because their sig ability makes them annoying to fight against.

Well, I would say pretty much any bot is annoying with robot resource. Well, maybe except for possibly Soundwave because he likes to use that sp2 (but haven’t faced him sitting on RR so I don’t know if it’s any different).
  • Soundwave. With a really high sig you can reflect a lot of ranged
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I have 15 Sig upgrades for tech waiting to be used in my inventory, still don't really know who to use them on but yeah... Wheeljack going from Sig 40 to 55 would be nice
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    6jr8e408vpgz.png
    Even at this sig, his UNDO tends to be a bit unreliable. It seems to hit when you have no damage and never hits when you need it.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    6jr8e408vpgz.png
    Even at this sig, his UNDO tends to be a bit unreliable. It seems to hit when you have no damage and never hits when you need it.

Tell Shockwave:
    Oi, wrong Matrix!

Plus Agent Smith is weaker in this universe.
    At least he didn't die every film!
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    ltu8240pn03r.jpg

Lol I actually scribbled it on.
    wheeljacks sig length is pointless if you use nano, as it just reactivates. Unless you get caught by DoT I guess.

I still believe Soundwaves gives the most benefit - you can change your play style as it increases, don't think any other bot plays like that.
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    6jr8e408vpgz.png

The only use his sig has is when it activates you can take a risk. I guess if you know that taking a hit off an sp3 or something will activate undo, when you are close to your sp3, then you could try and tank an sp3 or something
  • Just to follow up on this, I ended up using the sig increases on Soundwave, a bot I don't currently use at all. But that might change as I level up his signature.
  • yf6jtod2kbs4.jpg

At this sig level Soundwave has saved me more than once, I think you made the right choice!
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    yf6jtod2kbs4.jpg

At this sig level Soundwave has saved me more than once, I think you made the right choice!

My R5 Galvatron HATES your Soundwave!
    Awesome man

(But my R5 Barricade or Cyclonus would love to schedule an appointment)
  • Mirage, Ratchet, Rhinox or Wheeljack are all the best Tech bots. I wouldn't consider Jetfire because his health and damage is terrible. The waves are a maybe, however.
    Mirage's sig gives him a sort of attack buff (SP1 = Ranged, SP2 = Unblockable Melee, SP3 = Attack buffs[When dodging]). They're super useful and help out a bunch. Rhinox is a mix between damage reduction and dishing out damage. His bleeds and removal of attack buffs makes him a good counter to buff reliant bots (Brawlers, Demos, a few Warriors, etc). His shields are also helpful when you get hit by a special attack. Ratchet is the damage counter with his obvious repair buffs. Very useful in all scenarios, but his damage is kinda poor. Wheeljack is the ultimate tank without needing much health. Nano repair and his upgrades makes him one of the best fighters.

In simpler terms, WHEELJACK ALL THE WAY.