Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Robotronus is ruining raids

Comments

• JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    I HAVE FOUND THE HOLY GRAIL AGAINST MEGATRONUS!!!

HEAVY SPAM WITH RANGED SPEED IMMEDIATELY AFTER KNOCKING HIM DOWN WITH A SPECIAL

YOU’LL SEE RESULTS IMMEDIATELY

THIS IS AMAZING, HE CAN LITERALLY DO NOTHING AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THAT RANGED SPEED BUFF
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    JKIN wrote: »
    THIS IS AMAZING, HE CAN LITERALLY DO NOTHING AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THAT RANGED SPEED BUFF
    That's not long even at sig100. The only thing that remains is the ranged power burn.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    edited February 2019
    The trick with wheeljack and Megatronus is the Relic of Obedience. Megatronus has a 30% chance to get relic of obedience every time he fills a power bar. If he has Relic of Obedience active, Wheeljack's shields will fail and he will smash you.
  • lcppccpqkrt6.jpeg
    Relic of Obedience
    edited February 2019
    That's not long even at sig100. The only thing that remains is the ranged power burn.

But he won’t be able to get up. When he does, he will only either dash forward or block, not dodging or using a heavy or special.

Others may not be able to perfect this, but as long as I can use a bot with some way to gain Ranged Speed Up, Megatronus is no longer a problem for me, and will become the easiest bot in the game.

Of course, until he triggers his Relic of Immortality and stuns you, but you can keep heavying after that as long as you survive that fraction of a stun that’s probably enlonged by some kind of stun mod.

But he won’t be able to get up. When he does, he will only either dash forward or block, not dodging or using a heavy or special.

Others may not be able to perfect this, but as long as I can use a bot with some way to gain Ranged Speed Up, Megatronus is no longer a problem for me, and will become the easiest bot in the game.

Of course, until he triggers his Relic of Immortality and stuns you, but you can keep heavying after that as long as you survive that fraction of a stun that’s probably enlonged by some kind of stun mod.

At first I was thinking you were talking about Mirage. Now I'm not so sure...

At first I was thinking you were talking about Mirage. Now I'm not so sure...

Ranged speed-up Heavy.
    Wasp and Starscream are the best for this.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Just here to offer some advice. The debate on “fairness” is subjective and to each their own.

If you have Shockwave, you can manage Tronus’ powergain as long as you make sure you hit him with your SP1 with at least 4 charges stacked. Ideally, 5 or 6 charge stacks but Tronus doesn’t like to shoot often. It’s possible to bait him into shooting tho.

It won’t stop him entirely but if you can bait at least once to use his SP1 or 2 and do the above step at least once, you have a good chance of getting him down to 10% health and his Immortality trigger while he has less than 2 power bars. You’ll still have to finish him quickly at this point but it’s not too difficult.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Agree above, shockwave is the kryptonite

I haven't found he's able to keep up
    ..at ALL
  • I've been finding hound and mixmaster really useful against him.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited February 2019
    DrShotgun wrote: »

..at ALL

the only time Shockwave doesn't work is if Tronus just never shoots and blocks a lot. Other than that, you just aren't playing him right

Shockwave works really well with Mirage synergy too. Or Soundwave synergy if you get an aggressive Tronus
  • Rhinox could work but only if RNG has mercy on your soul.
    Rhinox could work but only if RNG has mercy on your soul.

my tronus gets wrecked by nox, not sure how. Maybe his shields?
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    My new answer is fight fire with fire, Megatronus to fight RR Megatronus
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited February 2019
    DaveJL wrote: »

You're referring to base defense right? Hmmm, not sure how to answer that because I don't know that player's method.

But usually whenever I encounter a Megatronous on Robot Resource, I make sure to heavy first to get the Power Lock and fight aggressively during the Lock's duration. After the duration I usually play like a ninja and try to get the heavy attack in as soon as possible. This is where the shields are useful because if you miss and get hit, damage is reduced and Megatronous gets shocked. Once you get the 2nd and maybe 3rd Power Lock in, fight aggressively and make sure to bait in his SP1. Rinse and repeat, and Tronus is dead. But the Power Lock is only based on luck value, so it's very difficult to keep his power in check if it doesn't proc. However shields do help but you will lose some help afterwards.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157

..at ALL

the only time Shockwave doesn't work is if Tronus just never shoots and blocks a lot. Other than that, you just aren't playing him right

Shockwave works really well with Mirage synergy too. Or Soundwave synergy if you get an aggressive Tronus

How so? Shockwaves only power drain is his sp1. That's the issue here. Soundwave is good because hits voice off at times,but I have a sig99 Shockwave and he can't keep up.

..at ALL

How so? Shockwaves only power drain is his sp1. That's the issue here. Soundwave is good because hits voice off at times,but I have a sig99 Shockwave and he can't keep up.

That’s not true. Shockwave drains power 4 ways:

1. Light ranged attacks (the 2nd most “draining” method when you can land 3 consecutive hits at 3 charge stacks — which can be tricky)
    2. Heavy ranged - amount varies based on charge stacks. I don’t like as much because one shot uses all stacks
    3. SP1 - high power drain most noticeable at 4 stacks or more (note you get 3 stacks just by triggering it)
    4. SP3 — most draining method overall and will take down 2.5 bars at 9 stacks (3 built up and 6 more when triggering)

• DaveJL wrote: »

If my 5*/4* Duped Rhinox connects with his heavy initially, it’s a 90% chance to drain power & inflict Power Lock. Almost every time I connect with the 1st heavy, Power Lock initiates on Tronus and even RR cannot activate. Now successive Heavies will only have a 27% chance to initiate Power Loss & Lock for 16 seconds, then it goes back up to 90%. So understand that. Once I get enough power, I’ll connect with SP2, which can inflict significant Bleed on Tronus. Repeat until he’s down. Yes, Rhinox’s shields also help, but the main mechanism of attack w/ Rhinox vs Robotronus is connecting on Heavies & SP2s.
    edited February 2019
    Play aggressively with Rhinox. Start the round by smashing your screen and try to get the first 4-combo (landed or blocked) followed by a heavy power lock. Dash in immediately. Most of the time, Robotronus rises up and tries to sidestep and get caught by your dash. 4-combo-heavy again if everything goes well. This is the basic loop you should adopt.

Now for the error control.
    • Tronus backsteps your heavy. This is the most annoying thing for the fight. Find a way to connect a hit then try heavy again
    • Tronus throws his sp1/sp2 when you dash in after a knockdown. No worry, you have enough time to sidestep. You can even put a blind sidestep (swipedown) when your dash connects and hit-confirm your follow-up melees. In fact, the 'knockdown - safedash' trick has been popular among players for a while.

Choice between Rhinox's specials:
    • Preferably, sp1: useful to nullify special buff (RR mod) and Courage (health<50%) buff. It inflicts a long bleed on the opponent and Rhinox gain 20% melee buff to end the round quickly. Under Obedience, his sp1 still nullifies (but doesn't bleed).
    • sp2: if you don't find a chance to nullify, you can save until sp2, but be sure to using after power locked or when you bait a special, because the animation is rather long.
    • sp3: desperate case only. Use the animation to stall his Immortality time, and let the bleeds to wear out his 10% health.
    Play aggressively with Rhinox. Start the round by smashing your screen and try to get the first 4-combo (landed or blocked) followed by a heavy power lock. Dash in immediately. Most of the time, Robotronus rises up and tries to sidestep and get caught by your dash. 4-combo-heavy again if everything goes well. This is the basic loop you should adopt.

Now for the error control.
    • Tronus backsteps your heavy. This is the most annoying thing for the fight. Find a way to connect a hit then try heavy again
    • Tronus throws his sp1/sp2 when you dash in after a knockdown. No worry, you have enough time to sidestep. You can even put a blind sidestep (swipedown) when your dash connects and hit-confirm your follow-up melees. In fact, the 'knockdown - safedash' trick has been popular among players for a while.

Choice between Rhinox's specials:
    • Preferably, sp1: useful to nullify special buff (RR mod) and Courage (health<50%) buff. It inflicts a long bleed on the opponent and Rhinox gain 20% melee buff to end the round quickly. Under Obedience, his sp1 still nullifies (but doesn't bleed).
    • sp2: if you don't find a chance to nullify, you can save until sp2, but be sure to using after power locked or when you bait a special, because the animation is rather long.
    • sp3: desperate case only. Use the animation to stall his Immortality time, and let the bleeds to wear out his 10% health.

Thanks for this.

..at ALL

No, he drains power by inflicting shock debuffs... His sp1 inflicts 3, so spam that unless you simply must save up for sp3 in which case you get 5.
    If you block basic ranged attacks you get a shock charge which if you land a basic ranged attack, heavy attack or an sp1 or sp3 it convers the charges to shock debuffs also. You need 4+ to keep the power gain under control. Obviously don't try and land them if you're under relic of obedience
    Just one example of Shocky vs Tronus with RR mod. Not every fight goes this well and he will almost always get to his SP3 at least once.

• ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited February 2019
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Just one example of Shocky vs Tronus with RR mod. Not every fight goes this well and he will almost always get to his SP3 at least once.

That was just so cruel how the Relic of Immortality kicked in right when you were about to inflict the Power Drain.
  • yesterday, I fought an awakened 4* tronus on an awakened 4* rr (which seemed to be ranked up, judging by the rating). he got to 3 bars before my rhinox could land a heavy (lately he's been dodging too well), then relic of obedience kicked in right before sp3. it didn't end well for my bw team, lol.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    ArnZeBarn wrote: »
    yesterday, I fought an awakened 4* tronus on an awakened 4* rr (which seemed to be ranked up, judging by the rating). he got to 3 bars before my rhinox could land a heavy (lately he's been dodging too well), then relic of obedience kicked in right before sp3. it didn't end well for my bw team, lol.

I'm pretty pretty pretty sure Megatronus has been buffed.
    Oh so quick and master of dodging, lately.
    And his ranged attack inflicts higher damage, too

Motormaster v Tronus no longer a forgone conclusion.
    Previously 4* R4 MM and Rhinox would make a complete prat of Tronus 6000pi.
    No longer.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

That was just so cruel how the Relic of Immortality kicked in right when you were about to inflict the Power Drain.

If I only triggered my SP1 a hit sooner, I may have got it in. I didn’t have any shock charges stacked so it wouldn’t have been enuf to reduce his power gain. So likely, he would have dropped his SP3 on me anyways.