Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Sharkticon Week Returns! Feb 28 - Mar 7

edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Commanders!

An army of menacing Sharkticons have gone rogue! Their strength has grown, and their numbers have multiplied. Now is your chance to add a frenzy of ravenous allies to your roster!

j3w0a5uhyf28.gif

Let the Feeding Frenzy Begin!

The Sharkticons have only grown stronger since the last you met them! Starting this Sharkticon week, you’ll be able to forge your 4-Star Sharkticons to obtain 5-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards! That’s right, you can now gather a force of powerful 5-Star Sharkticons!

It won’t be easy though! 5-Star Sharkticon Crystals will cost 10 000 Shards! But there’s another reason to aim for those Crystals…

All hail S-1000!

For the first time ever, you can add the leader of the Sharkticon Army to your team! This Bot will be a rare one, with only a 5% chance per 5-Star Sharkticon Crystal of scoring the formerly unavailable Bot. He will only be available as a 5-Star Bot.

If you don’t get him this time, don’t worry! There will be opportunities in the future to add S-1000 to your team!

You’ll want to check out his Intel Report (coming February 27th) for more information on what makes this Shark so special!

How long does this event last?

Sharkticon Week will be active from February 28th at 10AM PST until March 7th at 10AM PST

How will I collect Sharkticon Crystals?

Every day, there will be a new Dangerous Waters Arena, where you can collect 2-Star Sharkticons from milestones, and compete for the top prize of 4-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards!

Keep an eye out for special Shark Attack teams as you navigate through the Dangerous Waters Arena, and earn bonus 2-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards for defeating S-1000!

You can collect 2-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards anytime you Raid another player's base during this week.

Also, a new Special Calendar will be available, granting 6x 3-Star Sharkticons and 1x 4-Star Sharkticon, just from logging in every day! On top of all this, there will be a special 7-Day Arena Frenzy Alliance Event where you can earn bonus points for defeating Shark Attack Teams in Arenas while competing for the top prize of 500x 5-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards!

How do I get 5-Star Sharkticons?

Here is where the fun begins. Forge away your lower rank Sharkticons to get Shards for the next tier of Sharkticons! Forge your 2-Star Sharkticons into ANY 3-STAR, 4-STAR, OR 5-STAR BOT to get 3-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards, Forge your 3-Star Sharkticons into ANY 4-STAR OR 5-STAR BOT to get 4-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards, and Forge your 4-Star Sharkticons into ANY 5-STAR BOT to get 5-Star Sharkticon Crystal Shards!

What if I don't Forge until after the event ends?

No worries! You will still receive Sharkticon Crystal Shards when Forging Sharkticons after the event, but keep in mind these Sharkticons may no longer be available to obtain!

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    What if we want 4 star Sharkticon crystal shards from forging 4 star sharks instead of 5 star shards? 😢
    Unless this means 6 star bots are coming out soon...
  • Hopefully S-1000 doesn't have low stats, like his other fellow sharkticons. Then again, the chances of me getting them are so low it doesn't matter. Argh
  • Hopefully S-1000 doesn't have low stats, like his other fellow sharkticons. Then again, the chances of me getting them are so low it doesn't matter. Argh

Sharks come alive with their synergies, though. They may have low PI alone, but put 5 together and they beef up pretty well. Their sigs and passive abilities are some of the best in the game, also.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    Darm0k wrote: »
    What if we want 4 star Sharkticon crystal shards from forging 4 star sharks instead of 5 star shards? 😢
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Unless this means 6 star bots are coming out soon...

You've answered your own question I guess. With all the "make your 5 stars squad stronger" and the 5* in the raid store, my best guess is that the next update will include 6 stars bots and they'll rerun all the bots as 6 stars in the store. Can't understand where we will need 6* as of currently there's no content that needs 5 x 5* ranked bots, what about 6*. Unless we are getting 4 AM map and new game mode, but yeah this sounds like something huge is coming. Hopefully it will not be huge ... disappointment
  • I like how this announcement came out on Taco Tuesday.

Sharks come alive with their synergies, though. They may have low PI alone, but put 5 together and they beef up pretty well. Their sigs and passive abilities are some of the best in the game, also.

Yes, I totally agree but when Sharkticons were first introduced, I wanted them to be more useful for an overall team of Bots. And while their Signature abilities are great, it still isn't enough to make up for their other low stats.

Yes, I totally agree but when Sharkticons were first introduced, I wanted them to be more useful for an overall team of Bots. And while their Signature abilities are great, it still isn't enough to make up for their other low stats.

I bet an R5 5* would be adequate. Try it and see.
    If the S-1000 has normal stats, are you really going to be using it? I'm sure it'll only have synergies with other sharks so your regular bots won't get any benefit.

Also, while there won't be any class disadvantage, you won't be benefiting from any class advantage fights either.

His replicate ability is cool, but probably only active when awakened. And since it was stated that the S-1000 will be hard to get, there won't be much duping happening. It also doesn't have a bot class so a class specific awakening program won't work either, you'll have to push for that generic awakening one. And if you work that hard to get that, are you going to use it on a shark?
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Is this what @Kabam Vydious has been hinting this whole time?
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    If the S-1000 has normal stats, are you really going to be using it? I'm sure it'll only have synergies with other sharks so your regular bots won't get any benefit.

Also, while there won't be any class disadvantage, you won't be benefiting from any class advantage fights either.

His replicate ability is cool, but probably only active when awakened. And since it was stated that the S-1000 will be hard to get, there won't be much duping happening. It also doesn't have a bot class so a class specific awakening program won't work either, you'll have to push for that generic awakening one. And if you work that hard to get that, are you going to use it on a shark?

I think they're going to change his abilities though. They are releasing a Bot Intel Report on S-1000, which implies they might not be using his older power set. Just like how Megatronous was different from when we first fought him and his Intel Report.
    that1guy wrote: »

I guess so

8dx1mfd0yhro.png

• that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    that1guy wrote: »

This is only the beginning. :wink:

Gimme a break with that non-answer.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Hopefully a new AM map otherwise it's the same thing over & over.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    I’m excited! Thanks guys.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    @Kabam Miike will be able to buy feature Sharkticon crystals? I’m guessing not, but thought I would ask.
  • Rshxanadu2112Rshxanadu2112 Posts: 20
    edited February 2019
    Junk... Hint. New content. New content oh did I forget to say new content? Map 4? Eh?... Does Kabam want to stop losing their fan base. Pull some strings @Kabam Miike
  • Two concerns. One is gold, can we get a boost for that week. Second, sharks are forge food and nothing else, so are you going make sharks a permenate item in raid store to help with forging?
    @Kabam Vydious
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    In regards to shark week:
    Something to do!

49vbly957ie9.gif

On the other hand:
    Where's the 8.0 update to bring back everyone who left? 😊
    Just realized shark arenas are going to be at the same time as double bot chip arenas. 😡
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Just realized shark arenas are going to be at the same time as double bot chip arenas. 😡

giphy.gif
  • ScottScott Posts: 53
    giphy.gif

Let's Wait
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Thank you thank you thank you Kabam Team this is an excellent start to 2019! 👍
    Finally the S-1000 Yahoo!
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Sharks are just for feeding bots, 5* sharks mean 6* bots in the way and I’ll leave away from here
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    So are we gonna get proper stats for sharkticon abilities now? I literally never use them but I'd be nice to know, especially if we're getting the opportunity to acquire golden sharkticon as well... Also how would Sig upgrades work on him, would they have to be generic or is he getting the privilege of it not mattering?
  • Will opening shark crystals grant any shark shards now? Or is forging still the only way to generate shark shards?
  • Stupid question: which material do we use to rank up a bot without a class?

Any t3c we have will do?
    Yes that’s something I’ve always questioned what sparks are used to rank up a Golden Class ??????