Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Max FORGE, Max SIG

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @ScarredArachnid333 that's TOTALLY effed up, 10x damage.
    How did Kabam sort that out!

But back on topic, i thought this was about chance/occurrence.

I get 10x or 4x damage output, but percentages of occurrence are within 0-100.
    Unless it's a matter of time and space, where each additional percentage counteracts with original point of origin.
    However, as you stated there are bugs, so what do i know
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    vzmngv7l7d40.png
    For my Shockwave

I’m curious what happens if you get to SP3 and just never use it? Technically, Shocky will trigger UNDO 105% (lol), right? Does this mean that every time you get caught by a combo or heavy he triggers UNDO?

@DrShotgun

He only triggers Undo when a Power Bar has been filled. There are no other ways to activate it.

I think you are missing my question. I realize he only triggers his Sig (UNDO) when he has a Power Bar. I’m asking what happens when you have 3 bars which pushes the chance of it triggering to 105% of the time.

Oh, I apologize for not understanding.

Undo only triggers ONCE per Power Bar (immediately after it's filled) and has a chance at activating again when another Power Bar is filled.

So when @DrShotgun 's Shockwave reaches Max Power, he instantly activates Undo (cause 105% chance, lol). However, once it deactivates, that's it, since the 3rd Bar is the Maximum amount of Power and there is no other way for it to trigger since there are no more bars to fill. That means you would have to perform an SP3, so that the whole process starts over again.

I hope I didn't miss the point this time.

Thanks for digging in further. The part I don’t understand is when you say triggers once per bar. I don’t see a buff or any indicator when the UNDO is active when you reach a bar. Also, if it works this way then what is the time limit before it deactivates?

Well, there actually is a Buff indicated, when it activates. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like in fight:
    woik38efzlni.png

Here's a better look at the Buff Icon:
    0vwh2yzbfclg.png

And here's what it looks like when
    Undo is finished/Shockwave regenerates:
    h0j3og0j3240.png
    As for time, the Buff lasts for 4 seconds.
    Hope this helps to clarify :)
    vzmngv7l7d40.png
    For my Shockwave

I’m curious what happens if you get to SP3 and just never use it? Technically, Shocky will trigger UNDO 105% (lol), right? Does this mean that every time you get caught by a combo or heavy he triggers UNDO?

@DrShotgun

He only triggers Undo when a Power Bar has been filled. There are no other ways to activate it.

I think you are missing my question. I realize he only triggers his Sig (UNDO) when he has a Power Bar. I’m asking what happens when you have 3 bars which pushes the chance of it triggering to 105% of the time.

Oh, I apologize for not understanding.

Undo only triggers ONCE per Power Bar (immediately after it's filled) and has a chance at activating again when another Power Bar is filled.

So when @DrShotgun 's Shockwave reaches Max Power, he instantly activates Undo (cause 105% chance, lol). However, once it deactivates, that's it, since the 3rd Bar is the Maximum amount of Power and there is no other way for it to trigger since there are no more bars to fill. That means you would have to perform an SP3, so that the whole process starts over again.

I hope I didn't miss the point this time.
    Seems to me the chance is always present and just increases with each bar however the chance never goes away or deactivates.

Yes, you are correct on this.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Unless it's a matter of time and space, where each additional percentage counteracts with original point of origin.

There are factors that can reduce % chance to trigger, like Mirage/Bee synergy on sp2 attacks, and Assassin mastery.

I think the most logical one is that they just rounded it up to 35% as 33.333333333% just didn't flow properly.

Another thought is that it's actually assigned a numerical value but shown to us in a percentage and it doesn't translate well.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »

I'm just as clueless as you are, lol.

I would tag Miike for clarification but he's a little busy at the moment.

Very busy....

Very busy....

hahahaha I hope he brought gear for stormy weather. From what I gather, it's the kind of storm that stinks.
  • DaveJL wrote: »

Very busy....

hahahaha I hope he brought gear for stormy weather. From what I gather, it's the kind of storm that stinks.

Kind of feel bad for him though. He's just the messenger. But that does have to be one of the worst moves that game has ever made, and I've been through 12.0.

To make matters worse, the storm over there is so bad, they probably won't bother to check this forum. Damn it...
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    DaveJL wrote: »

Very busy....

Kind of feel bad for him though. He's just the messenger. But that does have to be one of the worst moves that game has ever made, and I've been through 12.0.

To make matters worse, the storm over there is so bad, they probably won't bother to check this forum. Damn it...

What'd I miss? Is the other game in trouble?

Very busy....

Like you wouldn't believe....
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019

Very busy....

@Bi1b0Baggins
    Let's just say the situation is like this:
    Video
    https://youtu.be/4U9pIU3Egu4
    Spongebob= Kabam
    Angry fish: Summoners/Players
    Pizza= Act 6
    Drink= 4 stars
    They banned 4 stars from Act 6, getting rid of any Maxed out Champs that would be useful for synergies or anything. Now they have to be dependent on 5 and 6 stars, which are still a bit tricky to obtain if you're not an endgame player.

To add insult to injury, Kabam proceeds to give out a $100 (I think) 4 Star Rank up deal. Yeah.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited March 2019
    @ScarredArachnid333 but that total of 105% can't theoretically exist in a game of 0-100 percentages.
    Could be wrong though.
    I count in metric.

😕

Well, let's look at our big flamey friend, Dormmamu from MCOC. Say "hi" Dormammu:
    kofr94cfw40t.png
    I am going to consume your sou-
    Now on Dormmamu's Heavy Attack, he places 1 Soul Charge, and those can be stacked up to 100. When those Charges are detonated, each of them do 4% of Dormmamu's Attack as Direct damage.

Meaning 100 Charges = 400% of his Attack.

Let's not forget that one time Dormmamu was bugged and did 1000% of his Attack instead.

So, since TFTF is based around MCOC's design, it's safe to assume that TFTF has a percentage rating beyond 100.

Not sure that is a good example. 35% chance for undo is a probability. 4% of an attack is not a probability but a true number...and that's why you can "add" the percentages in that situation.

You can't add the percentages for probability. For example..flipping heads on a coin is 50%. Using the 105% logic, then that means with two flips (50% + 50% = 100%), it's a guaranteed that the coin will land on head every single time.

Voltron wrote: »
    @ScarredArachnid333 but that total of 105% can't theoretically exist in a game of 0-100 percentages.
    Could be wrong though.
    I count in metric.

😕

Well, let's look at our big flamey friend, Dormmamu from MCOC. Say "hi" Dormammu:
    kofr94cfw40t.png
    Now on Dormmamu's Heavy Attack, he places 1 Soul Charge, and those can be stacked up to 100. When those Charges are detonated, each of them do 4% of Dormmamu's Attack as Direct damage.

Let's not forget that one time Dormmamu was bugged and did 1000% of his Attack instead.

So, since TFTF is based around MCOC's design, it's safe to assume that TFTF has a percentage rating beyond 100.

Not sure that is a good example. 35% chance for undo is a probability. 4% of an attack is not a probability but a true number...and that's why you can "add" the percentages in that situation.

You can't add the percentages for probability. For example..flipping heads on a coin is 50%. Using the 105% logic, then that means with two flips (50% + 50% = 100%), it's a guaranteed that the coin will land on head every single time.

But it's a bit different isn't it - we know there are a maximum of 3 bars and if they are saying the chance increases when a bar is filled, it's essentially a 1/3 chance if one bar is filled, 2/3 when the second bar is filled which leaves 3/3 for the last bar. if it was at say, 20%, I suppose that would mean on average, when you hit sp3 it's going to activate Undo 3/5 times.

• Voltron wrote: »
    Could be wrong though.
    I count in metric.

😕

kofr94cfw40t.png

One way or another, it still adds on to the chance, whether my way or Razak's way. It says 35% chance for each Bar that he has, as there are 3 Bars, it still get's added, it's not a 35% chance on each Bar.

Also the Dormmamu similarity was mainly to show that percentages can go beyond 100.
    Could be wrong though.
    I count in metric.

😕

kofr94cfw40t.png

One way or another, it still adds on to the chance, whether my way or Razak's way. It says 35% chance for each Bar that he has, as there are 3 Bars, it still get's added, it's not a 35% chance on each Bar.

Also the Dormmamu similarity was mainly to show that percentages can go beyond 100.

They were saying that there are certain scenarios where a % can go above 100 and certain scenarios where they can't.

The damage scenario is simply a multiplier as it refers to a primary figure, e.g attack or armour or hp or whatever.

When it refers to a chance, then 100% is every time, so 105% either makes no difference or no sense.

Imagine if it said when holding block you have a 140% chance to activate an armour buff. Well surely it will proc every time but it would if it was 100 or greater. Technically you can't go above 100% of the time as that is the upper limit. Unless it's 100% of a set figure but I have no idea how thay could work.

I really think it's just semantics though and looking at it in terms of a "pity" system where the chance does increase, but more so in a fraction sense (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) makes more sense

Very busy....

@Bi1b0Baggins
    Let's just say the situation is like this:
    Video
    https://youtu.be/4U9pIU3Egu4
    Spongebob= Kabam
    Angry fish: Summoners/Players
    Pizza= Act 6
    Drink= 4 stars
    They banned 4 stars from Act 6, getting rid of any Maxed out Champs that would be useful for synergies or anything. Now they have to be dependent on 5 and 6 stars, which are still a bit tricky to obtain if you're not an endgame player.

To add insult to injury, Kabam proceeds to give out a $100 (I think) 4 Star Rank up deal. Yeah.

You lost me at Act 6. Haha. I left after act 5 and dungeons or whatever they were called? It sounds like they've restricted Act 6 to whales only.
    Could be wrong though.
    I count in metric.

😕

kofr94cfw40t.png

They were saying that there are certain scenarios where a % can go above 100 and certain scenarios where they can't.

The damage scenario is simply a multiplier as it refers to a primary figure, e.g attack or armour or hp or whatever.

When it refers to a chance, then 100% is every time, so 105% either makes no difference or no sense.

Imagine if it said when holding block you have a 140% chance to activate an armour buff. Well surely it will proc every time but it would if it was 100 or greater. Technically you can't go above 100% of the time as that is the upper limit. Unless it's 100% of a set figure but I have no idea how thay could work.

I really think it's just semantics though and looking at it in terms of a "pity" system where the chance does increase, but more so in a fraction sense (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) makes more sense

Ah, OK that makes things clearer.
    I feel like Kabam should emphasize on which percentages are for probability and which ones aren't, that would possibly help sort out some confusion. Maybe they could make is different colors or something. Or emphasize on the word "chance".

Or maybe I should just pay more attention.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    vzmngv7l7d40.png
    For my Shockwave

I’m curious what happens if you get to SP3 and just never use it? Technically, Shocky will trigger UNDO 105% (lol), right? Does this mean that every time you get caught by a combo or heavy does it trigger? I know in other posts you’ve talked about how unreliable it is. I also acknowledge how impractical it is to “sit” on your SP3 for the sake of this ability. But given how long some of these fights are at higher levels, I find it appealing to possibly have an unlimited amount of health regeneration.
    @DrShotgun

It's 35% each time it hits a bar, it unfortunately doesn't stack. I thought it did but your chances get no better
    vzmngv7l7d40.png
    For my Shockwave

I’m curious what happens if you get to SP3 and just never use it? Technically, Shocky will trigger UNDO 105% (lol), right? Does this mean that every time you get caught by a combo or heavy does it trigger? I know in other posts you’ve talked about how unreliable it is. I also acknowledge how impractical it is to “sit” on your SP3 for the sake of this ability. But given how long some of these fights are at higher levels, I find it appealing to possibly have an unlimited amount of health regeneration.
    @DrShotgun

It's 35% each time it hits a bar, it unfortunately doesn't stack. I thought it did but your chances get no better

Yeah, that's what I assumed, but it's not really written that way when they add "for each full power bar." If they would have written "when filling each power bar," (which is basically what the sig description says) it might be less ambiguous.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    vzmngv7l7d40.png
    For my Shockwave

@DrShotgun

Yeah, that's what I assumed, but it's not really written that way when they add "for each full power bar." If they would have written "when filling each power bar," (which is basically what the sig description says) it might be less ambiguous.

Totally....when I got him ranked I was looking for that 35/70/105% UNDO and it didn't work that way, it bummed me out. TBH it's VERY unreliable. Only good thing is his sp2 and sp3 are absolutely brutal, especially when running a good tech team. He melts opponents.
    Blaster starts him with 3 charges, which means with Jetfire he heals when he hits sp1, and with Ratchet his shocks last twice as long. Tech teams are strong
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited March 2019
    This may not be a bot, but here is what a max forged, nearly max sig mod looks like...

ohg9kev401dy.png

Dishes out bleed damage equivalent to 924% attack over 60 seconds. And if you are smart enough to pair this up with a bot who can deliver burn, Shock, Acid, or bleed damage, that damage will be increased by 87.4%. In other words, do not attack this portion of an opponent’s base defense unless your bot can purify these damaging debuff effects.
    edited March 2019
    Technobot wrote: »
    This may not be a bot, but here is what a max forged, nearly max sig mod looks like...

ohg9kev401dy.png

Dishes out bleed damage equivalent to 924% attack over 60 seconds. And if you are smart enough to pair this up with a bot who can deliver burn, Shock, Acid, or bleed damage, that damage will be increased by 87.4%. In other words, do not attack this portion of an opponent’s base defense unless your bot can purify these damaging debuff effects.

EVERYONE is pairing that with stinking Wheeljack.
    What a complete tosser.
    How come my Wheeljack DOESN'T have 1 minute shields! (And yes, he's awakened, sig'd, etc)

Plus

There's also some fella with a 4* 1800PI HA.
    I've won a PERFECT fight with 22% remaining on my 4* max Cyclonus.
    Geez

And

Thanks @Technobot high end mods, plus your style of description is definitely needed here.

Well
    Better than the constant percentage discussions which lead nowhere, as mods neither dispell or confirm
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    vzmngv7l7d40.png
    For my Shockwave

@DrShotgun

Totally....when I got him ranked I was looking for that 35/70/105% UNDO and it didn't work that way, it bummed me out. TBH it's VERY unreliable. Only good thing is his sp2 and sp3 are absolutely brutal, especially when running a good tech team. He melts opponents.
    Blaster starts him with 3 charges, which means with Jetfire he heals when he hits sp1, and with Ratchet his shocks last twice as long. Tech teams are strong

Thank you for the input @DrShotgun , it's extremely appreciated.

I guess Shockwave's Signature Ability is just worded poorly or Shockwave is bugged. Most likely the former.
    Technobot wrote: »

ohg9kev401dy.png

EVERYONE is pairing that with stinking Wheeljack.
    What a complete tosser.
    How come my Wheeljack DOESN'T have 1 minute shields! (And yes, he's awakened, sig'd, etc)

Plus

There's also some fella with a 4* 1800PI HA.
    I've won a PERFECT fight with 22% remaining on my 4* max Cyclonus.
    Geez

And

Thanks @Technobot high end mods, plus your style of description is definitely needed here.

Well
    Better than the constant percentage discussions which lead nowhere, as mods neither dispell or confirm

I told you this would happen in your raid thread and people told you you needed a counter to it... Your raid team isn't that strong bud.

Wheeljack gets 1 minute shields with nanorepair mastery, check it out.
    also here is a max sig max forge mod. Sig renders armor and evasion 90.4% less effective

8gmlaof0z3yt.jpeg

@DaveJL I'm a Toffee, hence I'm used to over the odds/garbage squad.

It's just that EVERY BASE LOOKS THE SAME since WJ and Tronus showed up.
    Same mods, too.

I've been told BW/Swordmasters/OGP+Rat+Grim.
    But i abhor Autobots.

Need to work on Tantrum, i reckon.

Still, let's see some crazy maxed mods and bots!
    edited March 2019
    Forging mods - outside of just PI rating...what is else is benefit? I just do because I have no need for the lower tiers but does forging give give some type of class advantage?
    Forging mods - outside of just PI rating...what is else is benefit? I just do because I have no need for the lower tiers but does forging give give some type of class advantage?

other than the usual hp and atk boost you get as normal and the mod crystal shards, no other reason. The required forge xp is definitely lower though.

• Voltron wrote: »

Pretty much build up to higher level mods. That’s all I use it for. More 4* mod shards.

If only kabam done a swap system for sparks..... I’d give a t2 defence and utility spark each for an offence one. Only thing holding me back from ranking up 4* HA or RR
    edited March 2019
    Thanks! That's what I figured.

now back to the Topic. Sorry @BlackRazak..no pics..my max forge L&Rs are all under 60 sig levels and no where near the pi ratings here.
    Don't have a truly 💯 bot, but this guy's the closest I've got

Galvatron 4*
    Forge 100, Sig 65
    4y2ubsg28je3.png
    TIME ELAPSED: 7 Months
    RESOURCES: 2M+ Gold

@DaveJL why doesn't health, damage increase with each subsequent dupe?
    Only the PI rating!
    Is this normal (I'm only now keeping my eye on all stats)
    nmkn974cdvww.png
    f8hfyr2nfx36.png

Don't have a truly 💯 bot, but this guy's the closest I've got

Galvatron 4*
    Forge 100, Sig 65
    4y2ubsg28je3.png
    TIME ELAPSED: 7 Months
    RESOURCES: 2M+ Gold

@DaveJL why doesn't health, damage increase with each subsequent dupe?
    Only the PI rating!
    Is this normal (I'm only now keeping my eye on all stats)
    nmkn974cdvww.png
    f8hfyr2nfx36.png

@BlackRazak yes that's normal. PI stands for Power Index so naturally it will increase with higher dupe levels as the sig ability increases in effectiveness.

HP and attack are affected by rank, rarity and level as well as forge level.

Ability %'s are affected by rank, so take Barricades evade chance when knockes down for example.

Obviously relics and masteries affect HP and attack too.

The only thing I'm not certain on is the hidden stats like crit rate, armour etc. I don't know if they are static or if they too increase with rank and level etc. If you increase a bots attack rating they seem to proc crit hits more, but I can't be sure. Masteries definitely affect hidden stats like crit rate.