Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Utilities - Are They Coming?

I'm starting to enjoy this game more than MCOC. The progression definitely seems faster (maybe too fast...), the combat's more intense with diverse forms of attacks and an actual arena to fight in (not like some kind of Street Fighter copycat).

Now, the game is young, of course, but I'd still like to have Utilities masteries. Especially those of Dexterity and Parry. Now, we dont really need dexterity because most specials are easily avoidable and theres things like Gunslinger that give kind of the same result. And there's also, of course, other "well-timed block" abilities some bots have like Mixmaster's concussive block or Dinobot's damage reflect, but stuns would give a nice edge. Are the masteries coming? (Are alliance wars coming?)

Now I could go rambling on about other questions I have like "could Double Edge have a permanent damage over time effect so my bots can be immortal with Willpower", but I'm sure theres another discussions I can brainstorm in.
Tagged:

Comments

• 小龙女 wrote: »
    Contest of champion sucks, the graphics are extreamly poor and blurry. Effects are minimal and dull. The arena is 2d street fighter. The fighting is really poor and unattractive.

Only reason contest of champions beat this game is due to the popularity of the brand.

I really tried it multiple times and just end up hating and deleting it

Yeah. I'm with you on the dull part.
  • You can basically dex with the right timing in this game anyway, no need for a mastery for it. It’s the only way to dodge bludgeon and prowls sp2’s
  • A reminder that Forged to Fight and the Contest are two different games. We want to avoid trying to compare them as they are are not going in the same direction. We still appreciate the feedback on this but request you keep that in mind when trying to compare the two.
  • A reminder that Forged to Fight and the Contest are two different games. We want to avoid trying to compare them as they are are not going in the same direction. We still appreciate the feedback on this but request you keep that in mind when trying to compare the two.

So, in other words, no parry? Ok then. Yeah I can definitely see every part of this game being different (loving the bases and raids the most!) I guess I can make do with the Star Seeker, Double Edge and Willpower masteries. Hopefully we'll see more regen bots soon...
  • You can basically dex with the right timing in this game anyway, no need for a mastery for it. It’s the only way to dodge bludgeon and prowls sp2’s

The shotgun animations? Good to know. Can't seem to avoid starscream's sp1 tho. Firing is too sustained to completely sidestep...
  • Bubster101 wrote: »
    You can basically dex with the right timing in this game anyway, no need for a mastery for it. It’s the only way to dodge bludgeon and prowls sp2’s

The shotgun animations? Good to know. Can't seem to avoid starscream's sp1 tho. Firing is too sustained to completely sidestep...

Be on your guard and backstep the jab, as soon as he fires his rounds you sidestep.

At least it’s not like mirage, where for some reason his projectiles track you for some reason..... anyway, everything in this game is dodgeable, once you get the hang of it. Go into my profile and you’ll see a thread I made long ago asking about prowl/bludgeon sp2 dodging, it’ll give you more in depth description. It helped me a lot
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2019
    Bubster101 wrote: »
    A reminder that Forged to Fight and the Contest are two different games. We want to avoid trying to compare them as they are are not going in the same direction. We still appreciate the feedback on this but request you keep that in mind when trying to compare the two.

So, in other words, no parry? Ok then. Yeah I can definitely see every part of this game being different (loving the bases and raids the most!) I guess I can make do with the Star Seeker, Double Edge and Willpower masteries. Hopefully we'll see more regen bots soon...

It seems like we already have a lot of healing bots.
    Dinobot
    All the sharks
    Rat and IH and OGP (with synergy)
    Mv1 both on bleed and Hound
    Annoyotronus
    Blaster
    Jet fire
    Scorp
    Primal
    Wheeljack
    Kickback
    Demomegs
    Wasp
    And whoever I missed...
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    A reminder that Forged to Fight and the Contest are two different games. We want to avoid trying to compare them as they are are not going in the same direction. We still appreciate the feedback on this but request you keep that in mind when trying to compare the two.

Dinobot
    All the sharks
    Annoyotronus
    Blaster
    Jet fire
    Scorp
    Primal
    Wheeljack
    And whoever I missed...

Kickback
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Thx. I updated my original list. Point is, there are quite a few.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019

True.

I feel like poor Dinobot probably has the most unreliable Heal out of all of them. It only activates due to chance and it still doesn't heal much.

Either him or Blaster.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506

I agree, just because the developers are the same doesn't mean the games they make should be the same as well, otherwise what's the point? Sure they can borrow ideas like character abilities and gameplay mechanics like the parry shield but as we know it doesn't really work as well in FtF as it does in MCoC
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    edited March 2019

Totally agree sure they are not going in the same direction, one is going ⬆️ and the other going ⬇️.
    Some gets the Thing others gets the Nerf.

• Thx. I updated my original list. Point is, there are quite a few.

True.

I feel like poor Dinobot probably has the most unreliable Heal out of all of them. It only activates due to chance and it still doesn't heal much.

Either him or Blaster.

That'd go for most of them. Like scodponk, the regen works more as a damage reduction than a regeneration. I guess I should've implied *effective* regen
  • Bubster101 wrote: »

True.

Either him or Blaster.

That'd go for most of them. Like scodponk, the regen works more as a damage reduction than a regeneration. I guess I should've implied *effective* regen

*scorponok* autocorrect really messed it up...
  • Mufc14 wrote: »

Totally agree sure they are not going in the same direction, one is going ⬆️ and the other going ⬇️.

MCOC is trending downwards now. It’s a hot mess right now. I recently unistalled it. Be greatful for the amazing gameplay in TF.

At least the this game is trying to be balanced, unlike that other unbalanced mess of a game.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    @Black_Thought & @ScarredArachnid333 I don’t know the situation at that game & I do appreciate the game style here because it’s simply the best mobile game ever, I just miss the new bots and tired of the old content.
    @Black_Thought & @ScarredArachnid333 I don’t know the situation at that game & I do appreciate the game style here because it’s simply the best mobile game ever, I just miss the new bots and tired of the old content.

Yeah, I miss new bots and want content too. Hopefully 8.0 will change that with the new event it's going to have.

As for the other game, let's just say they shouldn't have released a new Act that restricts 4 Stars.

At least the this game is trying to be balanced, unlike that other unbalanced mess of a game.
    Yup. Went to hell in a basket REAL quick.
  • Wait, I just realized - parry *is* a thing in this game. I need jetfire and starscream
  • Bubster101Bubster101 Posts: 15

Dinobot
    All the sharks
    Annoyotronus
    Blaster
    Jet fire
    Scorp
    Primal
    Wheeljack
    Kickback
    Demomegs
    Wasp
    And whoever I missed...

Tronus heals?
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

Dinobot
    All the sharks
    Annoyotronus
    Blaster
    Jet fire
    Scorp
    Primal
    Wheeljack
    Kickback
    Demomegs
    Wasp
    And whoever I missed...

Tronus heals?

Yeah, if you land a sp2 on one of his relics (can’t remember which one) he gets a health steal.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    *scorponok* autocorrect really messed it up...

A little off topic, but autocorrect changed the word into “scodponk”?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629

Dinobot
    All the sharks
    Annoyotronus
    Blaster
    Jet fire
    Scorp
    Primal
    Wheeljack
    Kickback
    Demomegs
    Wasp
    And whoever I missed...

Tronus heals?

Yeah, if you land a sp2 on one of his relics (can’t remember which one) he gets a health steal.

Or sp3 as well
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Buttehrs wrote: »

Dinobot
    All the sharks
    Annoyotronus
    Blaster
    Jet fire
    Scorp
    Primal
    Wheeljack
    Kickback
    Demomegs
    Wasp
    And whoever I missed...

Tronus heals?

Or sp3 as well

Forgot the sp3 does as well, yeah. I usually just spam the sp2 to save having to switch relics. Health steal on sp2 means next sp2 will health steal as well, I don’t mind the lower damage output for consistency