Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Which bot’s special is most diffult to bait/dodge?

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Let’s ignore unstoppable buff

Impossible
(I believe it is impossible)
Prowl special 2
Wasp 1
Shockwave 2 part 2

Difficult
(You can’t dodge 100% all the time even on your toe, correct me if I am wrong, for example, Grimlock 2 need you to have distance, but sometimes you are cornered)
Megatronus
Blaster 2
Mirage 2
Grimlock 2

Medium
(Have to be on your toe)
Galvatron 1
ironhide
Primal 1
Scorponux

More difficult than easy
Ultramagnus

The rest should mostly be easy.

Comments

• DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Nothing is impossible
  • SW sp2 is pretty hard to evade but all the others are easy imo...
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited March 2019
    SW sp2 is pretty hard to evade but all the others are easy imo...

Lol I assume you are always consecutive 100+ win on arena then.

Btw, I am pretty sure you beat Revenge Of The King with 0 energon expenditure. Since I believe there is no shockwave there.
  • 小龙女 wrote: »
    SW sp2 is pretty hard to evade but all the others are easy imo...

Lol I assume you are always consecutive 100+ win on arena then.

Btw, I am pretty sure you beat Revenge Of The King with 0 energon expenditure. Since I believe there is no shockwave there.

i don’t think i said that at all. imo it’s jot hard to evade and fight bots....it’s essentially the mods you fight and have to get used to....you can recognize bot patterns and learn how to bait sp’s normally but it all comes down to what kind of mod you’re fighting....when playing expert or master people don’t go down the path with the easiest bots to fight. and bye i’ve gotten my arena streak to 48 without doing any infinite glitches so i guess if i had more bots and a lot more time i could probs try going for that 100+
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Manthro wrote: »
    小龙女 wrote: »

Impossible
    Prowl special 2
    Wasp 1
    Shockwave 2 part 2

Difficult
    (You can’t dodge 100% all the time even on your toe, correct me if I am wrong, for example, Grimlock 2 need you to have distance, but sometimes you are cornered)
    Megatronus
    Blaster 2
    Mirage 2
    Grimlock 2

Medium
    (Have to be on your toe)
    Galvatron 1
    ironhide
    Primal 1
    Scorponux

More difficult than easy
    Ultramagnus

Prowl S2 is the only one that is difficult, and even that one is avoidable.

None of the others are even in the same category.

Ironically, the only 2 special attacks that are next to impossible to avoid if you are cornered aren't even on this list.

KB S2

Bludgeon S1

The only way to avoid these if you are in the corner is if you time a sidestep absolutely perfect, and they happen to sail past you.

Can Hound, Rhinox or Tact Bee's sp2 be dodged when cornered? Never tried.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Superconductor 1000 candicates:
    - Waspinator
    - Megatronus (if you're too poor to get a Roboresource)
    - Kickback
    - Did I mention Waspinator
    - Waspinator
    - Starscream
    - Dinobot
    - Waspinator
    - Ultra Magnus

Superconductor 2000 candicates;
    - Blaster
    - Blaster again
    - Prowl
    - Megatronus
    - Forgot to mention Blaster
    - Blaster, again

Super conductor 3000 candicates:
    - Robotronus
    - Robotronus
    - Robotronus
    - Robotronus
    - Robotronus

Extremely easy specials to avoid:
    - Prowl's S1

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    [
    Ironically, the only 2 special attacks that are next to impossible to avoid if you are cornered aren't even on this list.

KB S2

Bludgeon S1

The only way to avoid these if you are in the corner is if you time a sidestep absolutely perfect, and they happen to sail past you.

Hah, beat me too it.

Yeah.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Yeah... Prowls sp2 is super easy - it's just a back step then a back step.

Shockwave sp2 is a back step, then two swipes down.

DOTM Bee sp2 can be really hard if you don't have distance.

Dinobot sp1 again if no distance can be tricky.

Bludgeon sp1 needs distance.

Kickback sp2 needs distance.

Cheetor sp1 needs distance.

Hounds sp2 is a sidestep, pause, sidestep, pause, sidestep before the grenade lands. Can be avoided in the corner.

Rhinox can be back stepped in the corner but I'm not sure about the final blast.

I only struggle with MV1 sp2 when cornered, Blaster sp2 I'm about 50/50. The rest I can do no problem.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    Welp,,,.

Looks like I learnt something new.

1.nothing is undodgable
    2.some maybe undodgable when in corner, maybe all dodgable, I don’t know, need a lot of sandbox testing
    3.you can maybe beat revenge of king with 0 energy expenditure. I don’t know, again.
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Only one step down is needed for Shockwave SP2
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Celt wrote: »
    Only one step down is needed for Shockwave SP2

Yeah but two quick swipe-down really relieve you from timing it right.
  • 小龙女 wrote: »
    Welp,,,.

1.nothing is undodgable
    2.some maybe undodgable when in corner, maybe all dodgable, I don’t know, need a lot of sandbox testing
    3.you can maybe beat revenge of king with 0 energy expenditure. I don’t know, again.

Everything is dodgeable. Just got to know how.

There was a thread along similar lines a few days ago, you can look for that. Prowl sp2, bludgeon sp2, mix sp2 is all covered.

Granted some give more hassle than others (blaster sp2 still gets me now and then) but watch the pro’s and copy them. It’ll set you in good stead.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited March 2019
    Prowl's you back step right at the blasts. Wasp's you sidestep. The key with these is positioning. If they catch you while you're sidestepping or backstepping you're screwed. You have to be ready for them. Shockwave's spc2 you just swipe down a couple times after the first part. You'll laugh at how easy it is after you do this.

Blaster's spc2 is horrid. When he charges I just start sidestepping and pray.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Baiting AM cheetor in regards to literally any special attacks, at least up until special 3... Uses that instantly
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Baiting AM cheetor in regards to literally any special attacks, at least up until special 3... Uses that instantly

not sure you can call it baiting when it more like running away for dear life as he goes MM dashing at you because he know you're not going to attack and give him a sp3 :|
    Welp,,,.

1.nothing is undodgable

Revenge of the King without energon would be extremely tough. Apparently there are some that can do it, but I would think it is extremely hard to do.

Rulers of Kaon is quite easy for people who have ranked up 5*'s and have a decent roster, but RotK is still exceptionally hard even with a good high level roster.
  • DrekDrek Posts: 21

Impossible
    Prowl special 2
    Wasp 1
    Shockwave 2 part 2

Difficult
    Megatronus
    Blaster 2
    Mirage 2
    Grimlock 2

Medium
    (Have to be on your toe)
    Galvatron 1
    ironhide
    Primal 1
    Scorponux

More difficult than easy
    Ultramagnus

Impossible
    Prowl special 2
    Wasp 1
    Shockwave 2 part 2

Difficult
    Megatronus
    Blaster 2
    Mirage 2
    Grimlock 2

Medium
    (Have to be on your toe)
    Galvatron 1
    ironhide
    Primal 1
    Scorponux

More difficult than easy
    Ultramagnus

Prowl special 2 is a dexterity Evade similar to MCoC (just dash back at the right moment to evade)

Shockwave is a swipe up for me to dash into the beam and evade.

I always mess up Megatronus on the timing. Usually because I get greedy fighting 😂
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2019

Impossible
    Prowl special 2
    Wasp 1
    Shockwave 2 part 2

Difficult
    Megatronus
    Blaster 2
    Mirage 2
    Grimlock 2

Medium
    (Have to be on your toe)
    Galvatron 1
    ironhide
    Primal 1
    Scorponux

More difficult than easy
    Ultramagnus

KB S2

Bludgeon S1

Yes.

However, tact bee S2 is difficult. There are two blasts in that special that you need to sidestep. One in the middle and one at the end. In the corner It's basically backstep, backstep, sidestep, backstep, sidestep. If you have room you often only need one backstep at the start though.

It's like trying to dodge a seizure. I hate that special attack.

Impossible
    Prowl special 2
    Wasp 1
    Shockwave 2 part 2

Difficult
    Megatronus
    Blaster 2
    Mirage 2
    Grimlock 2

Medium
    (Have to be on your toe)
    Galvatron 1
    ironhide
    Primal 1
    Scorponux

More difficult than easy
    Ultramagnus

KB S2

Bludgeon S1

Yes.

However, tact bee S2 is difficult. There are two blasts in that special that you need to sidestep. One in the middle and one at the end. In the corner It's basically backstep, backstep, sidestep, backstep, sidestep. If you have room you often only need one backstep at the start though.

It's like trying to dodge a seizure. I hate that special attack.

trying to dodge a seizure is probably the perfect description for that
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    being cornered.. something I noticed in spotlight was cyclonus sp2... sidestep didn't work at close range..not sure if my timing was wrong but I could see my bot side stepping the blast but i would still get hit...like prowl's sp2.
    Voltron wrote: »
    being cornered.. something I noticed in spotlight was cyclonus sp2... sidestep didn't work at close range..not sure if my timing was wrong but I could see my bot side stepping the blast but i would still get hit...like prowl's sp2.

this has been happening to me too but I have managed to dodge it. I think it's just a weird timing.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    edited March 2019
    Let’s ignore unstoppable buff - just keep running backwards and sideways

Impossible
    Prowl special 2 - backstep twice at the precise moment when he shoots
    Wasp 1 - sidestep
    Shockwave 2 part 2 - backstep then swipe down twice

Difficult
    (You can’t dodge 100% all the time even on your toe, correct me if I am wrong, for example, Grimlock 2 need you to have distance, but sometimes you are cornered) - backstep as far as possible (block if in corner)
    Megatronus 1 - sidestep twice; 2 - sidestep then backstep
    Blaster 2 - just keep sidestepping when he’s yellow
    Mirage 2 - sidestep when he shoots at you then backstep when the cube shape comes

Medium
    (Have to be on your toe)
    Galvatron 1 - just backstep
    ironhide 1 - backstep, backstep, sidestep; 2 - sidestep five times as he shoots (timing, like dancing Cha Cha with him)
    Primal 1 - sidestep when he shoots at you, then backstep as far as possible
    Scorponok 1 - sidestep twice as he shoots at you; 2 - sidestep the first shot then backstep far as you can

More difficult than easy
    Ultra Magnus 1 - sidestep as hammer comes down; 2 - backstep then sidestep

Hope the above helps. Having said that, knowing the theory is one thing, being able to actually do it in time is another. :D personally, I find Prowl’s SP2 and UM’s SP1 tricky. So if possible, I try to bait Prowl’s SP1 as much as I can, and just brute force UM till he yellow then bait.

Since you have a Chinese nick, just wondering if you are Chinese? We have a Chinese community chat on WeChat. You can look for malijun293020 to add you in. Many Chinese alliances of different levels are in there and we all help each other out.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Jazz sp1
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    DonApis wrote: »
    Nothing is impossible

NOTHING is unpossible. NOTHING! I never have you hurt them. KILL ME!
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    I'll tell you one that is dam near impossible, is the tech shark”s #sp2.