Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Welcome back calendar!?

13»

Comments

• Troll Post Thread
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    I'm pretty sure it is legit... The guy may be a jerk about it but he provided screenshots of whatever people asked to see almost immediately... And as far as Photoshop goes, it is certainly possible, but this would be on the high end of Photoshop tricks in certain places... I've checked it for some of the obvious things, and the pics do appear to be either legit, or well done fakes.

Logically, I had the same thoughts as you guys -- first it was a calendar and now a mail? I dismissed it as fake too, but the evidence is overwhelming. Pretty sure it is real and we just don't fully understand the correlation between the mail and calendar.
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Yea well they did this on MCOC, giving people crystals and units if they were away for some time. You can enrage yourself, but you will get absolutly nothing, just some corporate BS of how you didn't get lucky this time, but hey maybe next time.

You have to remember that any item in the game only has initial costs of designing it etc., but after that it's essentially free. There are some opportunity costs for devaluating certain items & bots by making them too available, but not when you hand out a few 4* to a handful of people.

That's the same reason why you won't get any form of compensation even if hell freezes over. The opportunity costs for giving everyone a 4* are just too high.

Giving away 100$ worth of ingame items is new though, have to say that's pretty rough for everybody who is spending money on the game. If been spending quite a lot on this game, way more then on MCOC. I really think I'm going to rethink that.
  • Alpha_SRAlpha_SR Posts: 18
    This is real I believe. In community chat on line someone posted another sc and it was a different account....but maby kabam has something to say about this
  • What you see in that screenshot is in fact real. Every now and again, we will make different promotions or offers available to different groups of players. This is a common practice amongst many different games in different spaces of gaming, and is not exclusively something only we do.

This doesn't mean we value any group of players more than other any other, nor does it mean that there won't be a chance for you to receive a promotion or offer like this in the future where others might not.

All of this being said, we've taken note of your guys reaction to this specific promotion, and will be taking this to the team for discussion. We also do not have any plans to run this specific promotion again any time soon.
  • BigSquirtBigSquirt Posts: 27
    nor does it mean that there won't be a chance for you to receive a promotion or offer like this in the future where others might not.

How long would you suggest us quitting the game for so we qualify for offers like these?
    Why are you all mad? How many times have you quit a game and have been sent emails bribing you to come back? Me? Over 10. How many times have I claimed them? None. If you quit the game, chances are you won't be returning and dangling a shinny 4* in their face won't make a difference.
  • AmanoAmano Posts: 318
    The problem isn't in giving rewards for coming back that's fine... it just doesn't settle right when the rewards are one of the most sought after bots in the game rn, 1000 t3b (only #1 in am gets this) full alpha (weeks worth of play) 4* mod(week of arena) and all the other stuff I mean at least dumb it down a bit
  • rawrrawr Posts: 20
    they must be desperate to shore up the player base then...
    clear sign of a dying player base
    Amano wrote: »
    The problem isn't in giving rewards for coming back that's fine... it just doesn't settle right when the rewards are one of the most sought after bots in the game rn, 1000 t3b (only #1 in am gets this) full alpha (weeks worth of play) 4* mod(week of arena) and all the other stuff I mean at least dumb it down a bit

To most of the players, t3b is useless at this point in their game. Most aren't willing to use 2 Alphas right now to r2 one when they can have 2 3*s at around the same rating. You're flaming mad because you're at a point in your game where you want t3b. No one in any top alliance got these rewards so you're not at any disadvantage as anyone who received these rewards are by no means any competition for you. Let the returning players have OG they won't even know what to do with him. T3b? They won't need them for a long time so they're essentially 1k useless shards to them. Who really cares what other people got? Worrying about nothing at all.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Dude... all the players can join the conversation: we want new players, we don't want to be telling them they aren't welcome (else who will pay the people that feed our addiction?)

I agree, the return calendar was completely over the top and causes more resentment amongst the people who do spend money on this game than it can possibly cause excitement amongst former players who might come back. Welcome back enticements would be more usefully pitched at slightly above the level of the player's account when they last played, not way out in front of what even the top spending/grinding players can possibly achieve in a week.

But BigSquirt had a fair comment and made it constructively - we should be encouraging new players like that, even if we think they're wrong on a specific point

:)
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    BigSquirt wrote: »
    I could def Use t3b I have all my 4* r2 you just suck

Yes you could, which is why you're complaining, as I previously stated. T3b means nothing to half the player base.

Sorry for being 2 weeks in and not having the luxury of starting earlier like you. Doesn't mean you need go around calling people names. How about you suck because you were released from a womb 14 years ago and have nothing to your name...

Just started playing two weeks ago.... you shouldn't even be in this conversation then.... that it explains it all

Doesn't matter how long he's played, he's still a player with valid opinions.
    My biggest gripe is with the 4* Optimus. I've been playing since global launch with 0 4*s to show for it, when I should've just taken a month off.
    On the other hand, then I wouldn't be about to dupe my lovely 3* Soundwave in a week, so I'm not as mad as I could be. I enjoy the game, especially the spotlight missions, so I guess I'll keep playing.
    edited July 2017
    BigSquirt wrote: »
    I could def Use t3b I have all my 4* r2 you just suck

Yes you could, which is why you're complaining, as I previously stated. T3b means nothing to half the player base.

Sorry for being 2 weeks in and not having the luxury of starting earlier like you. Doesn't mean you need go around calling people names. How about you suck because you were released from a womb 14 years ago and have nothing to your name...

Just started playing two weeks ago.... you shouldn't even be in this conversation then.... that it explains it all

But yet you're ok to raid me...? Weird that a player so amazing like you gets matched up against 2 week old, crappy me.
  • RysekenRyseken Posts: 10
    Bigsquirt: if you are new player, then welcome bro. And yes, your point is valid that certain stuff is useless at the moment. But let me tell ypu some crucial info.
    Update 1.0 to 2.0 - 100 alpha essence costed 18000 raid chips plus increment everytime u buy.
    Time for 1 alpha = min 1 month to max 3 months if u get 100 alpha daily.
    This is just 1 aspect of reward. We dont mind if other players recieved them, the problem lies that current active players were not givem as token of appreciation, who have spent ton of real money and invested lots of time trying to gain an alpha, or a 4* bot.

If this is justified in your view bro, then i would request you to rethink from a different perspective once and see the issue in the equation.

Thanks
  • RysekenRyseken Posts: 10
    Amano: i totally stand with your point of using t3 essence and agree to your point from an angle. Well atleast you need only the t3 essence, i have certain members who have invested chunks of money n yet miss a single 4* bcoz the purchased crystals popped 2s crap.
    What kabam has done is taken money from active players and provided rewards to the inactives. Maybe they think they are robin hood but they have not yet realised that they **** up.
    They should give the same rewards to active players or lower down those rewards to 2* crystals t2 sparks and gold.
    I am glad atleast they didnt just give away free energon like 3000 saying welcome back, buy what u want, play our game, and plz dont go again.
  • rawrrawr Posts: 20
    its easy... just walk away for a month and check if they give u that 4*... if no, then bye for good
  • KrugaKruga Posts: 123
    I was about to open my limited wallet again for the game but holding on to my money now.

Even if rewarding loyal players with more freebies is out of the question, Kabam can really show their sincerity by at least be opened on the drop % of each crystal type.

Also, even when these rare bots drive the crystal sales, Kabam can definitely show their commitment to the community to at least guarantee a 4* after a certain number of crystal opened (i.e. USD100 worth of crystals?), this number can reset every time a 4* is dropped from the crystal. This way the rarity of the bots from each crystals are still maintained, but at least now people won't just throw their money into the Abyss.
  • WunWun420WunWun420 Posts: 41
    Well, sadly my Alliance almost disolved in the last month due to the constant problems with the game, all of them debated on forum. I feel dissapointed that Kabam chooses rewards for players that abandoned the ship and not for the guys that sticked to the game and maybe pushed some $$ down the pipe too. I don't think it's a fair, and some asslickers around will come and say that the 4* are usless and bla bla bla, but atm I have 4 months of playing the game and with alot of problems on the way, but I sticked around because I am a big fan of the Transformers Universe, I didn't care about the company behind the game. But now I feel like a Dissrespected huge fan of Transformers. Good job!
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Terminal wrote: »
    The problems that people are presenting seem to be as follows:

Loyal customers that have spent time and money, not abandoned the game and stuck through it with all the problems are not being acknowledged and those that gave up and quit the game, possibly even getting refunds, are getting all the things the loyal players strive to earn. The absolute rarest items in the game.

A 4* is something like 0.5-1% chance in a pbc. It's the ultimate goal the game presents, 4* bots, the strongest bots in the game.

How difficult they are to rank up will change over time (look at what happened to the alpha wall), but the rarity wont, it's more fixed, it drives crystal sales.

The game values them extremely highly, even 4* shards are extremely low compared to pbc and 3* shards.

Throwing away 4* like this sends a message about their value. It also makes it hard to trust Kabam. No announcement about it also makes it seem dishonest.. and without an announcement, how are people supposed to know they should return to the game anyway? Did some accounts get emails or something?

Loyalty is not rewarded, only disloyalty. The monthly calendar is not the same, returning players also get to access it and with 3* being so much easier to obtain than a 4*, it doesn't even compare.

It only takes some basic logic to see how upset loyal players would be at the notion of the rarest thing in the game that many strive for and don't even get being given away for nothing to those that turned their backs on Kabam. Surely they must have known how much of a disaster it would be when the player base finds out about it. The forum is filled with people complaining about opening 10+ crystals and only getting 2*, not even a 3* let alone 4*. 4* isn't even on the radar, they can't even get a 3*... and now these other guys get a free 4*.

If they made a loyalty calendar, it wouldn't even need to have a 4*, it could have like 500 or 1000 shards or something, some kind of token to show appreciation, it would probably go a huge way to making people happy.

Just something that shows they value their existing players as much as returning players.

This kind of move shows either a desperation to get players to return and/or an ignorance of the current players.

Giving all the rarest stuff in the game is maybe one way to get players to come back.. but is that why they quit? Because they couldn't get a 4*? How does it fix the actual problem and reason why they quit? Is it really enough to make them loyal to the game and play it again, just because they've got the ultimate game prize now?

Agree.. @Kabam Miike read this to understand why so many are pissed.

The proportion you are giving to returning players is wayyy more than those currently loyal to your game / dumping money into the game. Balance it out in our login calendar or give promotions that gives better stuffs rather than holding it back from us only to put it into players that are quitting!! It is so unfair for the LOYAL player-base!
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    What you see in that screenshot is in fact real. Every now and again, we will make different promotions or offers available to different groups of players. This is a common practice amongst many different games in different spaces of gaming, and is not exclusively something only we do.

This doesn't mean we value any group of players more than other any other, nor does it mean that there won't be a chance for you to receive a promotion or offer like this in the future where others might not.

All of this being said, we've taken note of your guys reaction to this specific promotion, and will be taking this to the team for discussion. We also do not have any plans to run this specific promotion again any time soon.

Ha ha ha Miike, got you there. Feel you Bra, must be terrible pumping these messages out every time somebody in the marketing team makes a terrible desicion. Do you at least cringe a little bit when you write those?

Seriously though, not going to spend 100$ on a L3 spark (because that's roughly what it's going to cost) if you give those as a "welcome back" for free. Kind of devaluates the whole thing you know?
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah for the past 3 and a half months I've played I've been willing to spend over a grand on this game because I liked it and thought it was pretty balanced for the most part, which is why I spent (I'm not a MCOC player either, so I have no history with Kabam). But this, this is insulting to the loyal/paying player base and needs to be rectified now.

Until then (and it will have to be a pretty big THEN, in all caps), my wallet is going to stay permanently closed. I hope other paying players feel the same way. The sad thing is all it had to be was a 3 star OG Prime instead of a 4 star and I don't think this thread would even exist. I don't have a problem with returning players who abandoned the game being rewarded with a 3 star, the alpha spark, or even the T3 essence. It was the 4 star bot that was straw that broke the camel's back (at least for me).
  • Alright guys,

I want to thank you all again for your feedback on this Promotion. Rest assured that the team has taken note of your feelings, and will be taking them into account for any future promotions of the like that we run.

We don't have anything more to add to this thread, so we're going to close it down now.
This discussion has been closed.