Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How Did You Get Into Transformers Or Find Out About It?

TimfrancoTimfranco Posts: 55
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Like the title says, how did all of you get into Transformers or find out about it? For me, I think my dad got me into it. We would watch G1 and Beast Wars on Netflix (when they were still on Netflix) sometimes so I was all for the original and Beast Wars. I also remember that my dad and I would go to the library to rent a Transformers: Cybertron DVD and watch it at home. One of the only things I remember from that show for some reason was that one Transformer that transformed into a traffic light. I forgot his name though.

Comments

• PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Watching a random episode of Transformers: Animated when it was live on TV, I believe it was the one with Prowl, Bee and Sari going camping, this is the least likely case, the most likely is Transformers: Energon or Transformers: Cybertron, as those 3 series are the 3 I remember furthest into my memory, energon I remember little of, I think it was one of the 200 episodes with those dog things attacking optimus in space.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    I forgot, pretty sure saw movie 1 and then just started watching the TV series.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited April 2019
    Disinftanchised with 6 stars entering MCOC but still loved the game... found out this game allowed you to Forge. End of story, never looked back.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    When I was about 3 I got a dvd of “The Transformers: The Movie”, fell in love with it (although the beginning scene scared the spark out of me). Then I fell out of transformers for about a decade, but around forged to fight’s release I got back into it when I watched G1 again and started collecting toys and also played TFTF
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited April 2019
    What are you guys talking about!

Back 20 or so years ago, every boy on the planet was playing with authentic or fake Japanese transformer toys. We grew up playing with transformer toys.

Every time you walk by a toy shop, you drool over those delicious huge combiners.

Personally I dislike transformers in the cinema movies, it is all white metallic style for the sake of rendering a realistic cinematic movie. Bone crusher, grindor, these new movie bot just suck. All white metallic pieces or junk. That’s why G1 is always awesome and unique and so much in love with. Maybe it was just a thing that my friend used to get countless expensive transformers while only chance I could play is when going to friends place.

For reference, this is what I am talking about https://youtu.be/XwUYeVkLv-E
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    小龙女 wrote: »

Back 20 or so years ago, every boy on the planet was playing with authentic or fake Japanese transformer toys. We grew up playing with transformer toys.

Every time you walk by a toy shop, you drool over those delicious huge combiners.

Personally I dislike transformers in the cinema movies, it is all white metallic style for the sake of rendering a realistic cinematic movie. Bone crusher, grindor, these new movie bot just suck. All white metallic pieces or junk. That’s why G1 is always awesome and unique and so much in love with. Maybe it was just a thing that my friend used to get countless expensive transformers while only chance I could play is when going to friends place.

You rock man 😎😎😎
  • GungnirGungnir Posts: 81
    Transformers animated movie was the first film I saw at the cinema as a kid, I was a kid when G1 first came on TV, so it's been a life long love.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited April 2019
    I saw them on the Cartoon Network when I was around 7 years old
    I fell in love with the Transformers TV Series, Action Figures then years later started playing F2F I love this game 👍
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Timfranco my father (bless him, Unicron) went to Japan for a business trip in 1983-84, and brought home a Microman Camera Combiner set.
    Yes, the precursor to G1 Transformers.
    Three months later he brought home a Diaclone F15 Jet Warrior.

WHAT IMPECCABLE TASTE, THAT BEAUTIFUL MAN
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    For me it started with transformers armada when I was 4, saw a video tape (yes an actual video tape not a DVD) of it and I thought; "well that looks pretty dope".

And it escalated to now 14 years later and here I am 😀
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I was around before Transformers were a thing. I had them since day one, even when GoBots we're the "cool" thing to have
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited April 2019
    It started with the Diaclone Cassette Man. Back then we had cassettes and walkman. First Transformers toy, you guessed it Soundwave. The G1 cartoon, the only down part await ended with rebirth. In the recent years, I watched the other Japanese series that came after season 3.

I do not have Soundwave and Buzzsaw anymore, but picked it up when it was reissued. I picked up the multiple reissues. I still have the G1 Rumble and Ravage cassettes.

While GoBots aired around the same time, Transformers won.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    Disgruntled mcoc rage quitter here. I was excited for a fresh start and to be able to get into a game right at the start. This game blows mcoc away. Mcoc is great, don't get me wrong, but I've downloaded it a couple times recently and I find the gameplay boring compared to tftf. Maybe I'm biased.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    TF: Animated exposed me to the existence of the Transformers franchise
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Vavatron wrote: »
    Disinftanchised with 6 stars entering MCOC but still loved the game... found out this game allowed you to Forge. End of story, never looked back.

Apologies... misread the title. Re-Transformers, I was born in ‘74... so yeah, I was surrounded by Transformers as a child.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited April 2019
    I first learned it through the first Bay movie.

Then I became a victim to Hasbro's Bumblebee merchandising.
  • bacondudebacondude Posts: 49
    back 6 years ago by youtube...i also used to watch catoon on tv years ago...and now they are part of my life...if tftf dies...my fandom will never die
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Mine a while back (I think about 12 years ago) when my brother was watching transformers animated...I sat down beside him and we've loved transformers since
  • I saw the first movie when it came out opening day back in 07. I always loved getting the toys for each movie. I saw every one after opening day and then I eventually learned about the overarching series (G1, Beast wars etc.) the thing that put Transformers in a special spot in my heart was Prime. I watched prime right around the time where I started to hit teens and I just remember recording that entire series and learning how much more there was to this series than the Bayverse movies. I still love the first 3 despite their flaws and I like 4 and 5. I could not express my excitement for Bumblebee after learning that it’s returning to G1. I ended up watching all of G1 and it’s pretty corny but I frickin loved it. Ive never really known another series that’s had this impact on my childhood like this. Not Star Wars or Marvel or DC or any video game franchise hit me in my childhood like this.
  • Seb1976Seb1976 Posts: 77
    Being an impressionable 7 year old in 1983 helped
  • I think my earliest experience had to be with watching reruns of the original animated series since it was already over by that time. Watching Beast Wars as it came out is what really got me into Transformers though. I was sad when it ended but was excited when Armada came out later.
  • My earliest Transformers memory would be watching the G1 cartoon on the Hub Channel as a kid.
    I started collecting the figures about a year later, and have been ever since 😁
  • 小龙女 wrote: »

WOW!! THAT IS AWESOME!!! 😮
    You must have like the whole 1984-1988 collection misb there! 😮
    That is an amazing collection buddy! You should post that video on the “toys what beautiful toys” thread
    Because those are some beautiful toys! Lol! 😂
  • My dad got me into it! :) We used to watch a lot of shows from the 80s and since he's a car fanatic/racer-- it was a favorite to watch.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    edited April 2019
    I was 4-5 years old. I was going to my older sister birthday party and my dad gave me my first transformer. It was Hotshot from galaxy force(transformers Then I saw the show on CN and watched it. This got me into transformers and I’m glad my dad got me into this franchise

vo5wiztx9rot.jpeg

I’m waiting for the day this mad lad get added to the game.

Edit: this is the first transformer I got in the picture.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Beastdad wrote: »
    1984 when the show came out. Still the best and most unique toys ever released. Robots with heart, that actually cared for one and other, that was a winning formula.

Killing Prime in 1986 hurt, but what Bay did in 2007 was worse than anything Megatron or Unicron could have done...

Mad respect to any TRANSFORMERS fan whose first exposure to the franchise were the BAY movies.

@Beastdad hit it on the nail.
    Robots with heart, PERSONALITY and motives. That's the MARVEL-SUNBOW magic right there. And not a single **** reference in over 3 years of broadcast
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    I only got into the franchise around three years ago, but since then I’ve seen all the shows except the two beast wars ones, and the Japanese ones, masterforce, headmaster, etc. etc. and just to answer a random question, the stoplight transformer from Cybertron(the show) was called Signal Lancer.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    When I was a little kid (4 or 5) and our local video store got a copy of the 86 movie. I just about wore that poor VHS out, and still have most of the lines memorized. A few years later Beast Wars came around, and I remember waking up stupid early to sit two inches from the TV so I could watch with the volume down to avoid waking my parents.
  • EliteDragonEliteDragon Posts: 146
    I met while watching Bay's first movie, The Transformers. Since then I fell in love with the Transformers series. I watched the G1, Animated, Beast Wars and my Favorite Transformers Prime. I also have many Transformers toys. Ai soon after July 2018, finally I was able to install the TFTF and I totally addicted. Thanks to my dad for switching to Canal and finding Transformers lol😂😂😂. And also Kabam for creating such an incredible game.