Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Who to forge and rank up next?

rf6tzmf7y1th.png

Who should I start forging my 2* and 1* bots into first? The Sideswipe is 1 level away from maxed out and I was thinking on him, but maybe there is a better choice. I have about 80 premium bot crystals unopened where I can get more 2* bots from. I have never forged before so some general tips would also be helpful.

I was thinking on getting Bludgeon or Ramjet to R5 next as I want to save the Brawler T3C sparks for Grimlock, leaving Prime out of the question. Also, Rhinox isn't that interesting in my opinion.

I have a few more 4* bots like Grindor, Shockwave, Waspinator, Jetfire and Scorponok but I haven't started leveling them up yet. Should I do that instead?

Comments

• Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited May 2019
    Definitely forge into your favorite 4stars, and remember your 4*s will never reach forge 100 unless you put the matching 3star into your 4star

Looks like your 3stars can still Aid you in some game play arena, Spotlight on easy, medium, or hard so in time you’ll have a very strong 4star and 5star roster then you’ll be forging away your 3stars, the high up Commanders have such strong 5*s they forge away their 4*s lol 😂,
    All in time just keep doing what your doing definitely stay focused on one 4star of each class then you’ll start winning those rare sparks easily
    I hope I was able to help good luck @Zemah
  • Mv1 prime over grimlock. But rank up ramjet and jetfire
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    DON'T FORGE ALL YOUR 1-STARS! If you do you can never forge again. The curse of kabam. Seriously though. leave one 1 star.
  • ZemahZemah Posts: 5
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    Definitely forge into your favorite 4stars, and remember your 4*s will never reach forge 100 unless you put the matching 3star into your 4star
    Oh, I didn't know that. Is there a specific threshold or forge level at which you need to start giving in matching 3* bots?
    Looks like your 3stars can still Aid you in some game play arena, Spotlight on easy, medium, or hard so in time you’ll have a very strong 4star and 5star roster then you’ll be forging away your 3stars, the high up Commanders have such strong 5*s they forge away their 4*s lol 😂,
    All in time just keep doing what your doing definitely stay focused on one 4star of each class then you’ll start winning those rare sparks easily
    Yeah that's my current goal, to max out one 4* bot of each class so I can ramp up my spark gains. Thanks! :)
    Mv1 prime over grimlock. But rank up ramjet and jetfire
    Username checks out. I will definitely consider it. I've heard alot about Shockwave, should I give him a shot?
    DON'T FORGE ALL YOUR 1-STARS! If you do you can never forge again. The curse of kabam. Seriously though. leave one 1 star.
    Never forge again? Why though, 1* bots are useless anyway?

• Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    Zemah wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't know that. Is there a specific threshold or forge level at which you need to start giving in matching 3* bots?
    Yeah that's my current goal, to max out one 4* bot of each class so I can ramp up my spark gains. Thanks! :)
    Mv1 prime over grimlock. But rank up ramjet and jetfire
    Username checks out. I will definitely consider it. I've heard alot about Shockwave, should I give him a shot?
    Never forge again? Why though, 1* bots are useless anyway?

[/quote1st question: No, you only need forge the same bot of 1 lower tier once which takes the max forge level from 75 to 100.

2nd quote: Good. You got it bro!

3rd question: It's a glitch. Once you forge away all your one-stars, you can't seem to forge any other bots anymore. It's stupid, but it could be worse.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

That was only an issue with forging mods IIRC. And it doesn’t affect everyone. Plus you can always get another from the base bounty arenas.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    @Zemah I’ll try and clarify in one go, as quote-answer-qoute-answer can get a bit lost in meaning. I’m no particular order of course.

Your forging question, with regards to the threshold. The standard threshold being 75, You can increase to 100 by forging the same bot of the lower rank. This can be done at any time. For example you could forge a 4* grimlock to 75, then forge a 3* grimlock into it, which will increase the max. Alternatively You could make the 3* grimlock the first bot you forge into 4* grimlock. Either will increase the max to 100.

Getting a bot to max forge is basically adding another rank. A r5 4* with no forge might sit at around 3300pi, but max forge usually come in around 4500+.

Personally I throw the lower rank bot in ASAP, as I’m forge happy, but it’s personal preference.

As for who to rank up next, you’ve got some good options.
    Motormaster is a great option, and in many cases a good defender too. Great damage output. Has a great synergy with ramjet.

Bludgeon, good but works much better with synergies and his sig. you could always plan ahead if you wanted.

Shockwave is one of the top, top bots in the game. Doesn’t need his sig, doesn’t need synergies. Honestly he’s one of the few bots in this game that works brilliant in any situation, in any team. He gets my vote for next rank up, but again, personal opinion.

Grindor is decent, but when there’s a duped motormaster there, no comparison. Motormaster all the way.

jetfire really splits opinion. Some say he’s great, others disagree. I’ve never used him enough to merit giving a full opinion on him, so I’ll leave that to others.

Waspinator and scorponok take a bit of skill to master, wasp especially, but both are great to use. Especially if you get primal, which leads to the next one....

Rhinox. I know you said he doesn’t interest you, but seriously, he is great. Great utility, tanks damage better than many brawlers, plus he’s already duped, so he’s kinda handy for defence as well if you stick him on an annoying mod like LGM. He comes second for my vote, please don’t underestimate how useful he is. When every base has a megatronus, you’ll want that Rhinox. Bleeds, power lock, shields, great specials. What’s not to love?

Next up, forging away 1* bots. Sure, seems pointless keeping them, but some are hoarders who, above lvl40, won’t get another 1* again. More nostalgic than anything. Plus the bug was only concerning mods, @Darm0k is correct.

The choice there is pretty much yours, but lots of folks have different opinions. Each to their own.

As for who to forge into first. Forge into grimlock. 5* take an inhumane amount of time to max forge. Might as well get a head start on it, cos it’ll take a while.....

I wanted to keep this separate from any other bits I mentioned, but a useful nugget of info. An unranked, no level bot with no sig level will only give out 11 crystal shards. Once it has the sig, it adds 11 shards for every sig level. So you dupe a bot, 11 immediately turns into 66 shards. So forging a bot with sig unlocked will always pay off a lot more. Forge away when it’s the right time to forge.

Forging away a 4* gives more shards, but I can’t remember the exact number. I’ll leave someone else to answer that, in case I give a wrong answer.

Hope the info helps. I wanted to give a bit more clarity to my answers, and reasons why. I didn’t want to just answer ‘rank shockwave and forge into grimlock’. Any other questions, feel free to ask.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited May 2019

No your bots don’t have to be a specific level I recommend your sig level as close to 100 as you can before forging though
    Yeah that's my current goal, to max out one 4* bot of each class so I can ramp up my spark gains. Thanks

You’re welcome good luck bud
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    You’ve got a really nice lineup so far, I’d say rank up whoever since they’re all really solid bots but ramjet and motormaster are some of my top picks
  • ZemahZemah Posts: 5
    @Mr_Wonderful Damn what an informative post. So much helpful stuff. Thank you very much! :)
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    @Mr_Wonderful Damn what an informative post. So much helpful stuff. Thank you very much! :)

Not a problem man, that’s what forums are for (I think). Always good to have additional info moving forward as well