Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Buy 5* Shockwave with chips?

I'm relatively new to the game (only been playing a few months). I have one 5* - G1 Megatron. I just got 1,000,000 bot chips, and am wondering if I should buy the 5* Shockwave that's available now or hold out for something else? He's got good synergy with G1 Megatron, but my play style lends itself more to Tantrum and Cheetor (my go-to 4*s). Other maxed 4*s in my roster are Megatronus, Scorponok, Optimus Primal, and Blaster.

Any input is welcome.

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    He’ll go perfectly with your GS Megatron, you have to get shockwave!
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Tantrum is coming next month so there's that.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited May 2019
    Not only does Shockwave pair with G1Megs, he also act as a power rate boost for all your 4*s. I think he's worthwhile, although you can draw him from normal 5* pulls.

I popped another 5* tech awakening from this month's 29 reward and awakened my r4 Shocky. He's the only choice against that Galvatron.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I'd wait for next month...tantrum is coming
  • GeckotronGeckotron Posts: 8
    How do you guys know that Tantrum is coming next month? Is it published somewhere?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Geckotron wrote: »
    How do you guys know that Tantrum is coming next month? Is it published somewhere?

No. But we'll know tomorrow in the arena.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

It's in this thread.

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/8316/since-the-game-is-pretty-stale-at-this-point-can-kabam-go-back-to-doing-the-monthly-clues/p7
  • Do you forget he is in the crystal already? Some other tech sharkticon dude bought his with chips, opened a 5 star and got another shockboy. If you have enough shards, do not buy him
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Do you forget he is in the crystal already? Some other tech sharkticon dude bought his with chips, opened a 5 star and got another shockboy. If you have enough shards, do not buy him

Just because he's in the standard crystal doesn't mean a whole lot. I've opened 32 standard 5* crystals. Can you guess how many times I've pulled shockwave?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Do you forget he is in the crystal already? Some other tech sharkticon dude bought his with chips, opened a 5 star and got another shockboy. If you have enough shards, do not buy him

It sucks that I have to agree with you on this

But I'd go with the majority just this once. I suggest waiting for the Reforged announcement and buy Shockwave on the final day if the June featured bots don't interest me.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    JKL wrote: »

It's in this thread.

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/8316/since-the-game-is-pretty-stale-at-this-point-can-kabam-go-back-to-doing-the-monthly-clues/p7

Just realized that the bot arenas started today where we'll get our featured bot teams. No wonder they were willing to toss out that hint the other day.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    The way I see it you have a chance of getting shockwave from normal crystals, so I wouldn't bother
  • GeckotronGeckotron Posts: 8
    Thanks for all the input. I'm going to hold out for Tantrum. His 3* and 4* have carried me most of the game so far, so why ruin a good thing.