Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

iNightSkies - wasp/blaster rotk video

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
After watching his video, I have some questions

1. It seems wasp rarely fire special 1. Windblade just keep firing shots and going in and able to make him hit 2 power bars. So any one has any idea of any fighting technique to make wasp not fire special 1 completely? Or less frequently?

2.wasp again. iNightSkies posted a tutorial later saying rinox/mirage is good against wasp due to shield, is that true? I think wasp special 1 damage is continuous not sure if the shield will work properly.
Actually I think the shield is meant more for eating his ranged shots and heavies.....

3. Blaster didn’t look so hard in the video. I don’t understand why he doesn’t bait his special 1? I see he keeps making blaster hit 2 power bars on purpose, and get hit by special 2 almost every single time. I don’t understand why he does that. (Maybe blaster fires so quick it is not worth baiting? Like u end up eating more damage?)

https://youtu.be/bJYHC-FBnd4

Comments

• BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    So the answer to your questions...

1. With WB there is a chance to stun bots once you cause bleed. That wasp in particular will hold his specials until the range boost is active which is why Inq dies running into sp1. You can try and use mirage sp1 or rhinox heavy to drain power or power lock him. Shockwave is probably the best bot to use on him because of the constant power drain from his shocks.

2. Mirage is good against sp1 and 2 because his shield is specifically for range attack specials like Wasp or blaster. Rhinox is the same as well. Rhinox has 6 shields but they will help with slowing down the damage from wasp. I would still recommend shockwave or mirage. Rhinox’s heavy tends to result in misses that result in taking full combos. Mirage can also heavy under wasps special

3. It’s partly what you said. It’s difficult to dodge blasters sp2 and it comes out quickly especially in RoTK. If he keeps firing sp1 you could push him to sp3 if Blaster decides to hold with the power gain active. Also the Jurassic mod, the longer you wait the more it goes up and the more buffs blaster gets.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    BOFAD wrote: »
    So the answer to your questions...

1. With WB there is a chance to stun bots once you cause bleed. That wasp in particular will hold his specials until the range boost is active which is why Inq dies running into sp1. You can try and use mirage sp1 or rhinox heavy to drain power or power lock him. Shockwave is probably the best bot to use on him because of the constant power drain from his shocks.

2. Mirage is good against sp1 and 2 because his shield is specifically for range attack specials like Wasp or blaster. Rhinox is the same as well. Rhinox has 6 shields but they will help with slowing down the damage from wasp. I would still recommend shockwave or mirage. Rhinox’s heavy tends to result in misses that result in taking full combos. Mirage can also heavy under wasps special

3. It’s partly what you said. It’s difficult to dodge blasters sp2 and it comes out quickly especially in RoTK. If he keeps firing sp1 you could push him to sp3 if Blaster decides to hold with the power gain active. Also the Jurassic mod, the longer you wait the more it goes up and the more buffs blaster gets.

That’s very insightful! I am not attempting rotk right now but experiment with bots and plan on bots I am ranking up. Will definitely experiment with shockwave/mirage/rinox/prowl

Rinox I do agree, sometimes against certain bots I am very hesitant to use heavy cuz it misses a lot against certain bots.

I will experiment with shockwave, but I think shockwave heavy can miss and eat a full combo as well.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited May 2019
    Shockwave shouldn't have much trouble vs wasp as his shock damage from stacks built from blocking range shots really hurt and drain wasp's power. Moreover, shockwave heavy is ranged so just sit back and fire at optimal times, or fire it off as your last attack on your combo.

While not the best fights, here's a video example of him in action vs range mods so it's kinda comparable. There's a fight with mini boss wasp in the last map 3 towards the end.

https://youtu.be/Hz1LqZ9PBdY

I really enjoy using shockwave, firmly believe he's top 3, so I like to advocate for him 😅
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    that1guy wrote: »
    Shockwave shouldn't have much trouble vs wasp as his shock damage from stacks built from blocking range shots really hurt and drain wasp's power. Moreover, shockwave heavy is ranged so just sit back and fire at optimal times, or fire it off as your last attack on your combo.

While not the best fights, here's a video example of him in action vs range mods so it's kinda comparable. There's a fight with mini boss wasp in the last map 3 towards the end.

https://youtu.be/Hz1LqZ9PBdY

I really enjoy using shockwave, firmly believe he's top 3, so I like to advocate for him 😅

Wow, I tried him first time. if I am not mistaken his 100% block efficiency means 0 damage while having less than 3 charges.

That may work even be better than mirage cuz mirage shield block only 59%.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    That's correct, basic range shots don't deal damage when blocking. Just remember special range shots do.