Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Galvatron height issues

Hi, I was wondering about something for a while...
It's about Galvatron's height.

I noted that he a little bit shorter than other characters such as his former self and various others.

uffmftxhh88q.jpg
(I know Galvatron is standing in a different position but I think that even at a static pose, he will still dwarf at Megatron.)

pim8t7itz2m5.jpg
(I took this photo right just the time to have a more accurate height comparison between Galvatron and Shockwave.)

I know it's a little bit exaggerated and pretentious request, but I'd really like to see a more accurate sized Galvatron if it's possible.

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited May 2019
    He's not standing straight that's all
    Because that carrot canon is heavy af
  • DarioCldDarioCld Posts: 18
    Slayer wrote: »
    He's not standing straight that's all
    Because that carrot canon is heavy af

:D!

Even as straight he's shorter than Megs.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    0qtrl43yxaxd.jpg
    He's a big guy
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    0qtrl43yxaxd.jpg
    He's a big guy

3s24oqa4v25n.gif
  • If and when Kabam ever gives us Fortress Maximus, you'll have a bigger problem with the scaling. Most recent reincarnation of Galvatron is Voyager class, Megatron was a Leader class. In the toy, Megatron would stand taller than Galvatron. So yeah, Galvatron is shorter than Megatron.
  • Then there's the fact that Transmetal Cheetor is as tall as Dinobot, despite the fact that Dinobot was significantly taller than him in the show.
  • G1 Bumblebee.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    this is what people choose to focus on?
    edited June 2019
    If and when Kabam ever gives us Fortress Maximus, you'll have a bigger problem with the scaling. Most recent reincarnation of Galvatron is Voyager class, Megatron was a Leader class. In the toy, Megatron would stand taller than Galvatron. So yeah, Galvatron is shorter than Megatron.

In that case Kabam should have made Shockwave shorter since he comes from a legends sized toy.
    A little size fix won't be that bad (I think).

About Max, I think they should make him tall as Jetfire (like in the idw comics).
    Then there's the fact that Transmetal Cheetor is as tall as Dinobot, despite the fact that Dinobot was significantly taller than him in the show.

Agreed. They should at least switch their size to make them fit better.
    DaveJL wrote: »

I find nothing bad requesting a little fix for the bots look, especially if you don't like how your favourite bot looks.
    DaveJL wrote: »

It's just a small random discussion amongst countless other discussions. It's not constructive but it at least allows people to discuss a smaller and different aspect of the game, which I don't see anything wrong with.

Thank you for support.

I know I'm asking about editing a VERY little aspect of the game, but, in my case, I'd be very glad to see that happen.
    This wouldn't be the only game who makes visual updates. Marvel Future fight updated the models of some of the first characters put in the game.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    How about Optimus Primal being the same height as Optimus Prime, or any G1 bot? Maximals and Predacons are roughly human height or slightly bigger.

Scale means nothing in this game :P
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Would be cool if someone put all the bots in one long picture arranged by height.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited June 2019
    I think they started down the right path when Jetfire came out towering over his opponents. I agree a size adjustment should happen down the road. Maybe if Combiners or Titans happen they can look into it. There are definitely advantages and disadvantages to a massive size difference. Megatron is supposed to be BIG and Galvatron even bigger...same with Optimus. Bee and Arcee and those small quick bots are supposed to be just that.
    I feel it would add a very cool layer to the game if this were included.
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    How about Optimus Primal being the same height as Optimus Prime, or any G1 bot? Maximals and Predacons are roughly human height or slightly bigger.

Scale means nothing in this game :P

In some continuites, BW characters are G1 sized (like in IDW comic books).
  • He's standing slightly hunched with his knees bent. Horrible posture truly.
    edited June 2019
    He's standing slightly hunched with his knees bent. Horrible posture truly.

Yes, I notes that.

But in the 2nd picture he and Shockwave have the same position and the former looks a bit smaller, I made the screen right the time I was picking my Shockwave in order to see the exact comparison Galvatron and Shockwave sizes. (I was really curious.)

Is it possible a little fix for the bots sizes?
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    He's standing slightly hunched with his knees bent. Horrible posture truly.

He likes to prove that he's tough by it
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Shockwave has always been quite a big boy in cartoons, movies and stuff, would imagine he’d be roughly the same size as Megatron and prime. A size measurement might come in handy here as the likes of arcee, bumblebee, barricade the the BW bots are all noticeably smaller than prime, Megatron, and especially UM and jetfire, who should rightfully claim the spots of being the biggest in the game. At least height wise.
    Shockwave has always been quite a big boy in cartoons, movies and stuff, would imagine he’d be roughly the same size as Megatron and prime. A size measurement might come in handy here as the likes of arcee, bumblebee, barricade the the BW bots are all noticeably smaller than prime, Megatron, and especially UM and jetfire, who should rightfully claim the spots of being the biggest in the game. At least height wise.

I don't mind BW characters being tall as G1 bots, at least not if they have a proper size.

I hope there will be a size adjustment for at least some of the bots, such as Galvatron and Dinobot being little taller and Cheetor a little bit smaller (or at least shorter than Dinobot).
    DarioCld wrote: »

I don't mind BW characters being tall as G1 bots, at least not if they have a proper size.

I hope there will be a size adjustment for at least some of the bots, such as Galvatron and Dinobot being little taller and Cheetor a little bit smaller (or at least shorter than Dinobot).

Considering the BW bots are all naturally smaller I don’t mind it half as much as the bee/arcee size comparison to the bigger bots. Size should play a role at least, especially since they made jetfire naturally big, as he should be.

Not talking massive differences, but an underdogs synergy could come into play for the smaller bots, and likewise for the bigger guys, an overwhelming force synergy or something. Little guys get higher crit rate, bigger ones get higher crit damage.

Just a thought.

Considering the BW bots are all naturally smaller I don’t mind it half as much as the bee/arcee size comparison to the bigger bots. Size should play a role at least, especially since they made jetfire naturally big, as he should be.

Not talking massive differences, but an underdogs synergy could come into play for the smaller bots, and likewise for the bigger guys, an overwhelming force synergy or something. Little guys get higher crit rate, bigger ones get higher crit damage.

Just a thought.

I don't think a massive game rebalancement is necessary, I think that just a little size fix to a few bots is more than enough, just a visual update.

BW characters in IDW continuity are tall as Optimus Prime and G1 Megatron, so I don't mind Primal tall as Prime is, but for example TM Cheetor is way taller as he should be, and I won't ask Dinobot to be taller than Primal, but at least like him could be looking well.

Just a thought.

I don't think a massive game rebalancement is necessary, I think that just a little size fix to a few bots is more than enough, just a visual update.

BW characters in IDW continuity are tall as Optimus Prime and G1 Megatron, so I don't mind Primal tall as Prime is, but for example TM Cheetor is way taller as he should be, and I won't ask Dinobot to be taller than Primal, but at least like him could be looking well.

I agree that it shouldn’t be game changing, at least not just now. But as more and more bots are added (in future) it could be something kabam looks at. Even if it is just synergies, or the higher crit rate for small/ higher crit damage for big idea, with a balance in the middle.

It really struck me when they released jetfire how big he is in comparison to other bots. Yes he’s big as he should be, but this is something that moving forward, could evolve the game.

Naturally combiners, titans and stuff are their own gig, and it’s unfair to compare the standard bot to them, but the constructicons were generally smaller than the usual ‘big’ bot. Dinbots probably being the biggest faction by size, probably bigger than any of the predacons.

Looking to the future and how it plays out will keep this game alive and kicking and maybe, just maybe, overtake mcoc. Tftf has the superior fighting mechanics and evolution like that will only entice others to continue, bringing new players to the game and that’s what’s the most important part just now. Moving forward and looking to what’s next
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

Just a thought.

Tactician bumblebee already has this as a unique ability in his skillset. The larger the opponent, the harder he hits.

edited June 2019
    Manthro wrote: »

Just a thought.

Tactician bumblebee already has this as a unique ability in his skillset. The larger the opponent, the harder he hits.

That just gives more reason to consider bot sizes as a more fundamental part in future. Has it ever been clarified as to what is defined as ‘bigger’?

JF might be big, but the likes of hound, grindor, mixmaster are all quite chunky when compared to ‘slimmer’ bots of similar size, like say shockwave, starscream, hell even cheetor is kinda tall considering his natural stance is kinda poised and ready as opposed to bolt upright.

Mixmaster isn’t even that tall now I think about it, but he’s big by mass. @Kabam Vydious is there any way to clarify exactly what is defined as ‘bigger’? If the mechanic is there in the description then there must be a considering factor behind what is ‘bigger’.

Edited for spelling
    For me it's more than enough if Galvatron's size can be fixed (and maybe Dinobot's also).