Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Evasion of prowl and bumblebees

Hi, when we use evade bots such as prowl and bumblebees when they are at the back or in the corner and we are blocking the incoming melee or special attacks, if these bots evade we are hitted by the incoming attacks. I think there must be another way of their evasions at the corners.

Thanks.

Comments

• Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Tyberious wrote: »
    I think evade procs should be ignored while blocking.

This has been a long-standing issue, and I don’t recall it being resolved last time I was talking about it. It’s great when you need it but blocking shouldn’t count for that. The player is inputting a specific command that shouldn’t be overridden
  • Hi, forgive me but I think I'm reading this with slight confusion. Can I get a video or another explanation of this? Again, sorry! I definitely want to understand what y'all are talking about so I can bring it up to the team.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2019
    Hi, forgive me but I think I'm reading this with slight confusion. Can I get a video or another explanation of this? Again, sorry! I definitely want to understand what y'all are talking about so I can bring it up to the team.

What he means is this:

If he's cornered and needs to block and evade triggers, it automatically drops the block.

As the AI follows through with a special attack or combo, the next hit(s) are taken at full damage due to block not re-engaging after the evade finishes.

You have to release block and block again in order to continue mitigating damage, and human reflex isn't fast enough to do this most times.

It's advantageous to the AI when you evade while blocking in the corner. It's almost free damage unless you are on the ball and keep dodging on your own.

The suggestion put forth is for evade to never trigger while block is being held.

It's understood that the AI is much harder to fight if it triggers evade when it blocks, because it is capable of taking advantage of the window of opportunity... So the question becomes, can this adjustment be made only on the player side of the equation?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    If evade doesn't trigger during block, it's actually a good thing for fighting Barricade and G1 Bee.
  • I consider this as intended, It makes the arena more tactical, You shouldnt be able to dodge when up the wall, Makes it more interesting to fight for safe ground
  • omernuzomernuz Posts: 58
    Manthro wrote: »
    Hi, forgive me but I think I'm reading this with slight confusion. Can I get a video or another explanation of this? Again, sorry! I definitely want to understand what y'all are talking about so I can bring it up to the team.

What he means is this:

If he's cornered and needs to block and evade triggers, it automatically drops the block.

As the AI follows through with a special attack or combo, the next hit(s) are taken at full damage due to block not re-engaging after the evade finishes.

You have to release block and block again in order to continue mitigating damage, and human reflex isn't fast enough to do this most times.

It's advantageous to the AI when you evade while blocking in the corner. It's almost free damage unless you are on the ball and keep dodging on your own.

The suggestion put forth is for evade to never trigger while block is being held.

It's understood that the AI is much harder to fight if it triggers evade when it blocks, because it is capable of taking advantage of the window of opportunity... So the question becomes, can this adjustment be made only on the player side of the equation?

Thanks for explaining my thoughts. You explained it so beautifully
  • Ah! Gotcha, gotcha. Thank you for the run down on that, @Manthro! Sorry for not understanding immediately.

Let me talk this one over with some folks tomorrow when he have more in.
  • omernuzomernuz Posts: 58
    Ah! Gotcha, gotcha. Thank you for the run down on that, @Manthro! Sorry for not understanding immediately.

Let me talk this one over with some folks tomorrow when he have more in.

The code is easy @Kabam Vydious :)
    If the player blocks then
    Do not evade
    end :)
    But i am not sure that some players may want evasion while blocking