Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Jetfire signature is broken?

Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
@Kabam Vydious can you and the team take a look at jetfire signature. If your below 75% and go into a new fight, his signature does not activate until your take some kind of damage. You’ll need to take either block damage or pure damage from opponent.
glwnnsqimzpa.png
This is clearly broken. In alliance mission, I can’t use it at all in am with a small revive. Doesn't make any sense. In addition, can you take a look at his parry it seems to be dropping the input a lot lately.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Out of question to bring him to AM, I've tested my 4* JF in hard mode. Yes it doesn't say 'harm control online' at the start of the fight, but either you take some damage or you parry once, it's on. Since parry is the most common way to gain charges (other than saving to sp3), it's not broken in the strict sense.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited June 2019
    Even if you parry once in alliance mission it doesn’t work, you have to take some kind of damage brother. Trust me, a couple of folks from my alliance has jet fire and it’s been talked about.
  • Even if you parry once in alliance mission it doesn’t work, you have to take some kind of damage brother. Trust me, a couple of folks from my alliance has jet fire and it’s been talked about.

So whenever jetfire should block, he should take no damage.
  • Even if you parry once in alliance mission it doesn’t work, you have to take some kind of damage brother. Trust me, a couple of folks from my alliance has jet fire and it’s been talked about.

So whenever jetfire should block, he should take no damage.
    When entering a new right below 75%, I can parry like 5 range shot, hold block and he won’t heal. If I’m at 2% health in am, one hit will kill be, blocking or not. He should be healing is what I am saying.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Out of question to bring him to AM, I've tested my 4* JF in hard mode. Yes it doesn't say 'harm control online' at the start of the fight, but either you take some damage or you parry once, it's on. Since parry is the most common way to gain charges (other than saving to sp3), it's not broken in the strict sense.

Go watch Synthwaves video of my Jetfire fights in AM - he's an incredibly viable bot for AM.

Jetfire doesn't take damage when he parries a shot (maybe this is with certain masteries but we set it up so we don't), so you need to do a normal block or get hit, which with a small revive you cannot survive at high level. The irritating thing is it's taking a large element of skill away from using Jetfire. I get around it by using bigger revives and some repair but I wouldn't have to if it was just permanently active below 75% hp rather than needing to be activated by taking some damage, even when below 75%
  • Humm, some people actually try to block attacks, interesting...
    Oh, and some actually play with Jetfire besides arena. That's really interesting ;-)
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Humm, some people actually try to block attacks, interesting...
    Oh, and some actually play with Jetfire besides arena. That's really interesting ;-)

Jf is one of the best since the buff. Ever seen someone parry a galv heavy in am? I have.
    And yes, blocking can be part of your game.
    And before someone says anything, I'm in a top 6 ally and know what I'm talking about. Lol
  • @Rocsolid people still stuck in their old ways. Jetrife is very useful, mix has made a come back as well. Folks watching too many YouTube videos instead of trying out different bots.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

Given that both me and the OP are in KAON, and we both block etc, yeah.

Like I said, go watch Synthwaves Youtube video and maybe your mind will change... I'd rather block an attack at this level than risk some of these silly spacing and sizing issues that crop up
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    DaveJL wrote: »

Go watch Synthwaves video of my Jetfire fights in AM - he's an incredibly viable bot for AM.

Jetfire doesn't take damage when he parries a shot (maybe this is with certain masteries but we set it up so we don't), so you need to do a normal block or get hit, which with a small revive you cannot survive at high level. The irritating thing is it's taking a large element of skill away from using Jetfire. I get around it by using bigger revives and some repair but I wouldn't have to if it was just permanently active below 75% hp rather than needing to be activated by taking some damage, even when below 75%

So the sig works differently between Spotlight and AM. That's what I understand.
  • To make it clear, I was joking.

(Parrying is not in my playstyle, and won't, as it's even more difficult than dodging on my smartphone due to lag and all. I'm not in top 5 and not intending to. Top 20 is fine for me)
  • It's more of a problem w the coding in general. For instance, Megatron's sig and his unstoppable things won't activate until you take damage, even if you're already at the thresholds for them. Megatronus straight up doesn't activate his passive if he starts at 10% or lower, which is odd since you'd think it would trigger in the same way that MV1's sig does etc etc. While those two are more "save your life" things than skill-oriented recoveries, I hope you see my point that the game kinda universally doesn't take your starting HP into account when it comes to HP based abilities.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    DaveJL wrote: »

Given that both me and the OP are in KAON, and we both block etc, yeah.

Like I said, go watch Synthwaves Youtube video and maybe your mind will change... I'd rather block an attack at this level than risk some of these silly spacing and sizing issues that crop up

I should have stayed and not dropped a few months ago.