Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

So it finally happened! 4 way AM logjam

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
First off, congrats to everyone pushing the envelope on AM, 4 alliances went all out.

Surprise, I've been nominated to post a thread 😆

Someone had to end up 4th, we drew the short straw. So the question is this:

We know we tied with 3rd place for points, while top 2 tied in points as well.

What is the determining factor in these scenarios?

We know there is a very slight variance possible in scores from BG to BG, but as we can see, it amounts to 1 or 2 points at most.

Everyone in these alliances wants to know what the tiebreaker is, so we can all (if possible) improve upon that factor and not end up outside the desired prize bracket in the event of another tie score.

Simplest solution is to either increase the difficulty slider, or make awards based upon difficulty level instead of rank

Thanks for any info you can provide

Comments

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah, congratulations to all 4 alliances that went all out on this one. Hopefully Kabam can present a clear understanding of what goes into determining the rankings so we all have an understanding of where it falls.

I know we got #2 this time but had the exact same points as #1, so it would be nice to know what made the numbers shake out the way they did.

Regardless, a new era in TFTF has arrived, so hopefully the devs can provide a speedy answer and if there is no answer, then a logical resolution to the current problem.

Great job to the 72 players though again. AM just got a little more spicy. Hopefully we'll have some spicy new rewards to go with these potential new changes so more alliances will want to push for the top.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I believe kabam mentioned they would monitor the progress of the new map when it was released. Any updates?
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    There are no sharks, so what accounts for the random odd point between BGs and between alliances? It really should have been a 4-way tie for 1st place with all 4 alliances getting top rewards.
  • sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    There are no sharks, so what accounts for the random odd point between BGs and between alliances? It really should have been a 4-way tie for 1st place with all 4 alliances getting top rewards.

This is at the very least the best temporary option.
    I’d gladly donate my professional expertise to update your algorithm in the server code, push it to you, and make the frustration go away!

;)
  • AaronyukiAaronyuki Posts: 3
    edited June 2019
    Yeah I agree, we know that 4 alliances push for the higher level possible and this will happen at some point. What are your ideas to fix this Kabam or will you give us the double rewards base on the mes created with this Reward system that is broken ?
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    If you think kabam is going to compensate you for this week, don't get your hopes up too much.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I think the lost points come from slight rounding errors when it takes more than one attempt to kill a bot. For example, let's say a bot awards you 50,000 points and he has 200,000 health. When you KO the bot in one go, it awards you the full 50,000 points. However, there are times when you die mid-fight and kill him off with further attempts. I think that's when the points are lost. The points scored are based on how much of the health you took off.

1st attempt: You take off 100,000 health points or 50% of the bots health. This would equate to scoring 25,000.

2nd attempt: You do something stupid and only take off 20,000 health and score 5000 points.

3rd attempt: You finish off the remaining 80,000 health points and score 20,000 points. It all adds up.

However, the points and health points in AMs are not so nice and tidy. They will lead to decimal places based on how much health damage you did. What if the first attempt you scored 25,000.4 and Kabam either rounds down or just truncates the decimal portion. Then the second attempt you score 5000.3 and Kabam rounds/truncates again. Then on the 3rd one, based the remaining health, you can only score 19,999.3 points (again it might be rounded/truncated). So in total, you score 49,999.

Sometimes, maybe the the rounding works out, other times it causes lost points. This could be why we are seeing the smallest of differences between BG scores. Just my theory.

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    that1guy wrote: »
    If you think kabam is going to compensate you for this week, don't get your hopes up too much.

As the designated ColdA lawyer, I recommended restraint when addressing the public... Guess that went unheard by some 😆
  • sc00b3sc00b3 Posts: 33
    @Kabam Miike thanks, that’s good for us!
  • So what happens when, let’s say, top 6 alliances do d120 they all get top 3 rewards...makes plenty sense.
  • So what happens when, let’s say, top 6 alliances do d120 they all get top 3 rewards...makes plenty sense.
    Hopefully, we'll have at least a short term solution in place before that becomes a reality. If not, we'll do whatever we must to make sure that we make it right for those Players as well.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    When the top 4 share the prize for top 3, will the 5th become the 4th?
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481

Share? Share nothing lol
  • BOFADBOFAD Posts: 481
    It really is an awesome achievement by everyone and I’m glad Kabam is at least recognizing the issue here and looking at resolving it
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Makes no difference, rank 4 and 5 have the same rewards.
    BOFAD wrote: »
    Share? Share nothing lol

Share some of that top 3 bounty.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Would having sharks determine your score make you feel any better about getting bumped from top 3? I'd still be salty.
  • Momo2008Momo2008 Posts: 92
    Congrats to All..! Time for Kabam to split AM rewards, maybe raise D levels up to D150 and give higher enticing AM rewards (more t4c shards, 5 alpha 2, 6 t3c, all classes). Hopefully these will stimulate more competition and camaraderie among all alliances! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Congrats to you guys awesome family alliance you’ve got there 😁👍
    Excuse me, but we are independent. Strongly supported by our loosely affiliated Chinese alliances, whom we are extremely grateful for their friendship.

zfcrmlcct89i.png
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Excuse me, but we are independent. Strongly supported by our loosely affiliated Chinese alliances, whom we are extremely grateful for their friendship.

zfcrmlcct89i.png

Don't think he was including Taao but more so about 4 of the 5 top spots are occupied by Forge family alliances.
  • SteffSteff Posts: 71
    respect to you all perso I do not know if I will be able to play at your level
    @JKL yes good to clarify. Some people seem to think all top 10 alliances are Forge :D we like you guys but we like our independence more. ;)
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    What is all of this?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    What is all of this?

Shhhh... The grownups are talking 😉
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Manthro wrote: »
    What is all of this?

Shhhh... The grownups are talking 😉

Yes I am talking so you should shhh :p
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    What is all of this?

4 top teams all played Map3 lvl 120 and 2 are tied for 1st and 2 are tied for 3rd so Kabam is refunding them the rewards their missing out on
  • Congrats to the four alliances! You really blew it out of the water for this and amazed us, truly. I wanted to drop in earlier and say that but kept getting swept up in other things!

But good job and keep up the hard work! We're definitely in deep talks about what to do with all of this and where to go from here. So thanks for all that you do!