Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Incorrect Forging XP

How many people has this happened to?

I recently got a 5* Tantrum, selected my 4* Tantrum (sig 100, 5/50, forge lvl 100) for forging. The display said that doing the forging would put my 5* Tantrum at forge level 38 of 100. When I hit the forge button it only boosted him to forge level 34. Here's the rub: I did this exact same process with my 5* Bludgeon and 5* Windblade and when I forged their 4* counterparts (each maxed out like 4* Tantrum), they actually did get to forge level 38.

Something strange: I just got a 5* Dinobot and I'm checking on the forge, but with him, the preview (selecting my 4* Dinobot, but not yet pressing the button) says that it will increase 5* Dinobot's forge level to 40 of 100.

I've filed a ticket and gotten an email that says that the Tantrum was given the correct forge xp and sometimes the display shows the wrong forge level because of masteries. However, my masteries never changed from the time I first did it with 5* Bludgeon up to now with my 5* Dinobot. So, what gives? If it went to forge 38 for Bludgeon and Windblade, it should do the same with Tantrum!

Comments

• VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    was the 4* Bludgoen and 4* Windblade also at forge lvl 100 when you forged them?

the assumption of this bug is when you're forging a bot with forge lvl 100, the game preview will give you the full stats but when you actually forge the fooder, the game will only give you credit of forge lvl 75
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Yeah, @Kabam Vydious said he passed this to the team a couple months ago. I don’t think we’ve had an update to this yet. The old forum post doesn’t get bumped when you post to it.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

Everyone. For many many moons....
  • Yes happened to me

(Not anymore as I don't max forge 4*s)
  • bishawabishawa Posts: 30
    Same problem faced by me I forged my 4* bundulgeon 100% forged 85 sig level into my 5* rinox. before it showed forge 90 but after forging its only got to level 86.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    bishawa wrote: »
    ...I forged my 4* bundulgeon...
    I haven't heard of this bot--I want one!
    So, its been going on for a while. Does that mean we get a retroactive forge point boost when they get around to fixing the bug?

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    bishawa wrote: »
    ...I forged my 4* bundulgeon...
    I haven't heard of this bot--I want one!
    So, its been going on for a while. Does that mean we get a retroactive forge point boost when they get around to fixing the bug?

No, as you can see by the other thread, it will just be ignored until it's forgotten or accepted. Apparently they are too busy creating new content.
  • Darm0k wrote: »
    Yeah, @Kabam Vydious said he passed this to the team a couple months ago. I don’t think we’ve had an update to this yet. The old forum post doesn’t get bumped when you post to it.

Yeah, we're aware of it and still looking into what's going on with it. I apologize that there hasn't been an update, but we haven't had anything concrete to offer y'all on it. As for the thread, I'm not sure why it's not jumping if it gets commented on.

However, we're still taking this as a serious matter and investigating it.
  • Just wanted to drop in and let you know we are still chatting about this. We apologize for any delay that it has been taking on getting you solid answers on it, but please know we definitely want to get this figured out for y'all.

Thank you for the patience, folks.
    Thanks for the update @Kabam Vydious — I’m sure this particular bug is a challenging one to correct.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    I think it's nigh impossible to refund EVERYONE'S +25% forge XP, unless they're working overtime.
    How's about giving everyone GOLD and ENERGON based on roster and level forged?
    Should be doable.
    It is after all a bug, and i don't know how far Kabam are into solving this.

I daftly forged a R3 4* Kickback Sig 83 out of desperation to get the 5* variant competitive, just days ago.

I can imagine the grief of those that have forged max lvl, forge and sig 99 4*s into their 5*s!

@Kabam Miike
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    lol they said the same thing when I posted about this at least a year ago... it was already old news by then. In reality, this will never get fixed. *shrug*
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    edited July 2019
    This will never get fixed. But it is like stealing gold and ore and bots from us. To fully forge a 4s or 5s bot costs a lot of resources and basically Kabam is stealing a few forge levels from us when we forge. I notice that this does not happen as much when you use sharks
    Now imagine if it was the opposite. What if we got extra forge levels when we were forging our bots. Say we got an extra 3 forge levels for every 10 forge levels. I guarantee this would be fixed in 24 hours.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    Now imagine if it was the opposite. What if we got extra forge levels when we were forging our bots. Say we got an extra 3 forge levels for every 10 forge levels. I guarantee this would be fixed in 24 hours.

yes
    edited July 2019
    Every 4 Max Sig+Level Bots, the community/'forger' is OWED ONE ENTIRE Max Sig/Level Bot of particular denomination (1*,2*,3*,4*).

4:1 ratio.

So based on my own roster, for example, of 4*s that are Sig 99, Max Forge/Level; I'm owed around 150+ max forge, level, sig 3*s, 60+ fully maxed 2*s, 40+ fully maxed 1*s (and around 3x high level 4*s for the 5* fodder).

Gold? Kabam has our fight, game, resource data; same goes for ore 13 spent, and associated crystals.

@Kabam Miike would really like to know your personal take on this.
    Sorry, they are too busy fixing the away mission crystals
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509

Forging has shown incorrect “previews” at least since launch when I started playing, so probably before that in beta as well. To get so upset over it about 3 years in is pointless. There have been tweaks to it as at first it underestimated how much forge xp you’d get and now it overestimates? I’m sure server side it’s still the same and has been ok for years.

As a software developer myself I can’t really come up with a good reason why the code architecture is such that it doesn’t use the same paths and would give same results, but I’m not into game development so I don’t know all the ins and outs of making this :)
    @Beastdad , agreed.
    Especially for the rest of us who grind 4hr + a day.
    Took me literally a year to get some 4* to Sig/Level/Forge 100 (i concentrate on batches of bots), and today i forged a Sig 87 Arcee, Sig 79 Sideswipe and Sig 54 Waspinator into my 5*s.

It shouldn't have to hurt so much just to level up some 5*.

I've grinded thru power cuts, spotty 3G data, funerals, wakes, birthdays, weddings (discreetly, only evidence is my swearing from some bathroom stalls when i lose).

Can't hardly believe there isn't some kind of roadmap to at least pacify us. The time, money, blood, sweat and tears we've put into F2F...

I love this game, but it's inherently one sided affection.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Lost another 25% forging this morning, but don't have a choice once these 4* hit level 100, gotta get rid of them.

Was really hoping this would be a high priority fix item, as it is a complete waste of resources.

It's actually closer to 50% forge XP points if you have a maxed forged 4*. The half way mark in terms of forge XP points is somewhere in the high 60s or low 70s level. Forget exactly where.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2019
    JKL wrote: »
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Lost another 25% forging this morning, but don't have a choice once these 4* hit level 100, gotta get rid of them.

Was really hoping this would be a high priority fix item, as it is a complete waste of resources.

It's actually closer to 50% forge XP points if you have a maxed forged 4*. The half way mark in terms of forge XP points is somewhere in the high 60s or low 70s level. Forget exactly where.

You're right. A 4* need 250256 points to f100, half of that (125128) is at forge level 65.
    f75 accumulates to 157586, which means the first 75 levels only presents ~63% of the exp.
    @JKL @KillMasterC i completely forgot about the non-linear spend. It exponentially goes up per level.

Thanks for that, now we can come up with a draft for a resource BILL that we can charge Kabam with!

This is absurd.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    ah! I was wondering why it took so much more to hit the last 25% when I was max forging. I did 2-3 bots at the same time and I had to empty out my lower roster and burned through crystals for ore/gold. it's this pain, I have yet to forge any of them even though I could use the 4* forge boost.

here's what I don't get.. fixing the issue (at least temporary) and figuring the cause of the issue are two different things. there are ways to do this parallel. for how long this issue been at hand, you think they would at least do a temp patch.
  • This is one of the things at the top of our Priority Lists, gang. We're currently looking at options for fixes and hope to have something out soon in a future update.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    This is one of the things at the top of our Priority Lists, gang. We're currently looking at options for fixes and hope to have something out soon in a future update.

Thank you. Let hope it lands soon.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    This is one of the things at the top of our Priority Lists, gang. We're currently looking at options for fixes and hope to have something out soon in a future update.

Should we continue to hold maxed forged bots or is there planned compensation for previously lost forge levels?
    JKL wrote: »

Should we continue to hold maxed forged bots or is there planned compensation for previously lost forge levels?

I would approach this decision from a financial perspective — opportunity cost.

What’s more valuable to you? Stronger bots now which presumably allow you to gain more rewards or holding off because you are already at the ceiling of achievement? I believe you are in the latter category.