Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What's coming up in August and September?

Transformator79Transformator79 Posts: 216
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
Hello!
First of all, I want to thank the Kabam team for this month's new spotlight and bot. Despite Nemesis being a re-skin, he's a completely different bot with cool abilities.
Now, I was just wondering, are new spotlights going to be released after this month? Or are we going back to the reforged ones? Plus, will we see more new bots with the same way of being released like Nemesis?
(Sorry if this is too early)
Thanks.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2019
    BW Megatron aka reskinned Grimlock, I'm fine with that. Released the same way like NP? No thanks.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Probably more dissapointment at this point lol
  • JellybeeJellybee Posts: 22
    A new reskin animations and more bugs, then the game gets shut down
  • JellybeeJellybee Posts: 22
    Any ways their gonna answer until last minute and give out crappy last minute content
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    See, my one question is, who else could they reasonably reskin?
  • We haven’t had skywarp yet
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    edited July 2019
    They could reskin bumblebee to give cliff jumper, ramjet to get dirge and thrust, Starscream to get skywarp, soundwave to get soundblaster, blaster to get twincast.
    The possibilities continue...
    Oh, also could reskin wheeljack to get slicer.
  • Cliff jumper too
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    You know what? I wasn't even paying attention to myself. There are always shattered glass version for reskins. Grindor could be turned into blackout. Arcee into any other fembot. Hound into day trader. And they could always use the transformers animated reskins for ideas. Then this game could go on longer than the other game. https://tfwiki.net/wiki/65356-9292-346
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    All those reskins would be stupid.. well except Cliffjumper ;)
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I wouldn't mind a reskin if they just put it in the chip store...and not make it exclusive
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Decimus234 wrote: »
    They could reskin bumblebee to give cliff jumper, ramjet to get dirge and thrust, Starscream to get skywarp, soundwave to get soundblaster, blaster to get twincast.
    The possibilities continue...
    Oh, also could reskin wheeljack to get slicer.

Cliffjumper was never a reskin, he had a different vehicle mode.
  • Tracked_SignalTracked_Signal Posts: 324
    edited July 2019
    They could add dirge or thrust as a reskin to ramjet
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2019
    If Cliffjumper is added, pls give him an animation in which he gets bisected.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    BW Megatron aka reskinned Grimlock, I'm fine with that. Released the same way like NP? No thanks.

I don’t think so. They have completely different transform sequences and aren’t carbon copies of each other. Soo if BW megs does get added, it most likely will be a brand new bot with his own specials

I would love cliffjumper to be added, I just got to 1 mil chips and I’d be ready to get him
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious are y’all able to say anything about what’s going on in the coming months?

I don’t think so. They have completely different transform sequences and aren’t carbon copies of each other. Soo if BW megs does get added, it most likely will be a brand new bot with his own specials

I mean even if it's a reskin like that, I'm fine. They may have no developers for anything completely new.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2019
    BW Megatron aka reskinned Grimlock, I'm fine with that.

Ehhhhhhhh, I'm a bit skeptical on that.

It at least makes sense for the reskins to have the same animations since they have a 100% body copy.
    Nemesis is meant to be an evil copy of Optimus.
    Thundercracker and Starscream are both Seekers.

But BW Megatron and Grimlock wouldn't work. Just because they both transform into a T-rex, it doesn't mean they should act the same. They have different weapons, bot models, and all around abilities. It's like saying Warpath should be a Bludgeon reskin. Also, consider Motormaster. He transforms into the same truck as Optimus, yet has a completely different animation set.

Grimlock utilizes his attacks with his sword, which is a weapon BW Megatron doesn't have; even if you want to consider his Transmetal Tail-weapon, he would have to have a different T-rex model. Grimlock attacks barbaricly whilst BW Megs would attack with strategic precision.
    All in all, it wouldn't make sense, as they don't have a strong similarly outside of their alt. mode, which shouldn't dictate how they act.

Edit:
    Aaaand now I see that someone has already said this. Darn it.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'd be ok with Prowl/Bluestreak
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Grimlock messed up, so we’ll get Reforged: A Question of Loyalty. And in September, we’ll get a Reforged mission of that Megatron/Grimlock spotlight mission and Reforged: Grimlock saves the day (again).
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Maybe we could bring in retools as a reskin variant where something is added, removed or altered from the base characters model or moveset.

Sunstreaker as a Warrior retool of Sideswipe

Skywarp as a Brawler reskin of Starscream

Smokescreen as a Demo and Silverstreak as a Tech, both as retools of Prowl

Thrust and Dirge as Scouts, both retools of Ramjet

Cliffjumper as a reskin of Bumblebee, and honestly that dude could fit into just about any class.
  • If Cliffjumper is added, pls give him an animation in which he gets bisected.

Lol, but wouldn't that be the Bayverse cliffjumper?
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I wouldn't mind a reskin if they just put it in the chip store...and not make it exclusive

I know right, but hopefully no more re skins players are flipping out on all these re skins lol 😂
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Tinfoil Hatboy123 back in the building. So, both Thundercracker and Nemesis Prime were consistently talked about prior to even a single hint of their additions, both happening to be reskins, with Till All Are Gone's Mission 2 dialogue directly mention ing BW Meg's, who is also consistently talked about, I think KABAM is actually listening to the community, meaning my work might be done ;)

Or Prime Cliffjumper.

Or Prime Cliffjumper.

Aslong as it’s not Energon cliffjumper

Or Prime Cliffjumper.

Aslong as it’s not Energon cliffjumper

Energon ruined Cliffjumper too?
    I didn't know that.
    Jazz444 wrote: »

I know right, but hopefully no more re skins players are flipping out on all these re skins lol 😂

Now how about selling real skins which doesn't change any skillset and only gives a slight vanilla buff when applied?
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    They did say "July breaks free from the fragmented timelines" suggesting that June was the last reforged spotlight.
    I mean we definitely haven't played Til all are Gone before right?