Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Appreciation thread

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
People complain about content. Personally I want more free-ish bot. And if I ever quit that will be one of the reasons.

But I want to appreciate Kabam not making it a pay to win game.

Kabam could have easily released game modes or new bot enhancing features that would require massive amount of real money.

But so far no, as long as u have 3 forge 100, rank 5/5 bots, u are gold for life

Trust me, I am a whale and played 20 if not 30 absolutely money grabbing pay to win games. I am not talking about hundreds of dollars, I am talking about 10k to 200k dollars of investment to be top in a pay to win game.

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Not in the right mind to feel appreciative towards Kabam due to this big let down with Nemesis Prime. But I have hope they'll turn things around
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited July 2019
    After I had 2 months pause of the game and the latest disappointment in July, I can not only appreciate the bollocks we got, but I consider making my short pause a permanent one.

The game is going downhill even faster than it was with the 7.0 what we expected as "huge update" and got nothing.

Good thing happened today though - higher difficulty for alliance missions, which is what the top players wanted, so with that move Kabam managed to satisfy some of the really needed changes, but for what part of the player base this change actually makes a difference? 70 people? AM rewards sucks, as if you do 3.20 or 3.30 you still get half of what you will get doing just 1.1 and 1.2 of spotlight.

So to summarize what we got in the last 7 months:
    1. Two reskinned bots, one of which was easily obtainable as 4* and not so as 5*. The second one - well crystals. (which counters what you say, because with the chance you have to get it from the Matrix crystal, even if you are #1 every day in arena for the whole week, I really doubt you will get it).
    2. Increased alliance difficulty but little to no change in rewards, which should motivate the players to actually play the game (we are doing AM just for the monthly objective, as there is no point to really waste time in lower diff)
    3. Grind fest events.
    4. More grind fest events.
    5. Change in mind almost every 2 months - e.g. Hey guys we are going to let you grind for your favorite bot and will release those bots that are not in the crystal pool as 5* in the raid store - 3 months later - scrap that, we will give you the chance to duplicate bots you already have, and about those of you who wants Tantrum - well wait a 6 months. Those of you who want Cyclonus, bad luck mate - you will wait more.

Now, this is NOT A RANT POST. I am just expressing my disappointment, because even I have stopped playing the game, I was having an eye on the forums. Got my hopes high with the "What's Coming up in June and July" thread and then all went down. So yeah, what is to be appreciated if you want to casually play a game that gives nothing, but disappointment?
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    ktomov wrote: »
    After I had 2 months pause of the game and the latest disappointment in July, I can not only appreciate the bollocks we got, but I consider making my short pause a permanent one.

The game is going downhill even faster than it was with the 7.0 what we expected as "huge update" and got nothing.

Good thing happened today though - higher difficulty for alliance missions, which is what the top players wanted, so with that move Kabam managed to satisfy some of the really needed changes, but for what part of the player base this change actually makes a difference? 70 people? AM rewards sucks, as if you do 3.20 or 3.30 you still get half of what you will get doing just 1.1 and 1.2 of spotlight.

So to summarize what we got in the last 7 months:
    1. Two reskinned bots, one of which was easily obtainable as 4* and not so as 5*. The second one - well crystals.
    2. Increased alliance difficulty but little to no change in rewards, which should motivate the players to actually play the game (we are doing AM just for the monthly objective, as there is no point to really waste time in lower diff)
    3. Grind fest events.
    4. More grind fest events.
    5. Change in mind almost every 2 months - e.g. Hey guys we are going to let you grind for your favorite bot and will release those bots that are not in the crystal pool as 5* in the raid store - 3 months later - scrap that, we will give you the chance to duplicate bots you already have, and about those of you who wants Tantrum - well wait a 6 months. Those of you who want Cyclonus, bad luck mate - you will wait more.

Now, this is NOT A RANT POST. I am just expressing my disappointment, because even I have stopped playing the game, I was having an eye on the forums. Got my hopes high with the "What's Coming up in June and July" thread and then all went down. So yeah, what is to be appreciated if you want to casually play a game that gives nothing, but disappointment?

I think you mean 8.0...I believe (if I'm not mistaken) 7.0 was when 5*s and achievements were added
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited July 2019
    I think you mean 8.0...I believe (if I'm not mistaken) 7.0 was when 5*s and achievements were added

Nope, I am talking about 7.0 in August of 2018. Details of what we well sort of got: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/48565/#Comment_48565
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008

This right here is the standout point IMO. A change that only impacts such a small percentage of players. Simply throwing in a bone like some more T3C and T4C shards for the top 100 AM alliances would have gone a long way. Could’ve done 1000 T3C shards and 500 T4C shards for say reaching 2 million total points. To be clear, I am fully aware that doing so diminishes the rewards/efforts done in the past but it’s time to stop making comparisons to the previous elements of this game. Outline what we want most and try our best to come to consensus on what helps the most people.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Most of the disappointed post on 'reskin' should really grab a dictionary on what the word means....
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

Nope, I am talking about 7.0 in August of 2018. Details of what we well sort of got: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/48565/#Comment_48565

Oh that! I wasn't aware that that was a thing...
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    小龙女 wrote: »
    But I want to appreciate Kabam not making it a pay to win game.

I'm with you on this 100%.

I played a PTW game for about 1.5 years and DIDN'T put all that much money into it. And lost, and lost, etc. You basically had to either be online all the time or pay to keep up a shield over all the resources you worked so hard to acquire, or a bigger player would come take your stuff.

By comparison, this game is so enjoyable, low-stress, and emphatically not PTW. I have gripes about some things, but I really appreciate that!
  • Development time is better spent on brand new characters than adding new animations for 2+ year old reskinned characters.
  • Just wanted to say thank you for both appreciation and constructive criticism. We understand that there is a lot of frustration and disappointment floating around-- that's completely fair! Seeing what's being said is important to us and our teams for the future of The Fight.

That all said, let's do remember to respect everyone's opinions no matter what is being said or if we disagree with it. If someone wants to say thank you, let them. If someone doesn't want to and wishes to explain why, let them. But let's keep it constructive and mindful. Thanks again, gang.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited July 2019
    Just wanted to say thank you for both appreciation and constructive criticism. We understand that there is a lot of frustration and disappointment floating around-- that's completely fair! Seeing what's being said is important to us and our teams for the future of The Fight.

That all said, let's do remember to respect everyone's opinions no matter what is being said or if we disagree with it. If someone wants to say thank you, let them. If someone doesn't want to and wishes to explain why, let them. But let's keep it constructive and mindful. Thanks again, gang.

When the so called new arenas stop and a new game mode and new bots come out with new abilities, you guys won’t have any complaints, you’ll be getting many happy players and enjoyed comments

P.S. if all New bots go back to Generic Chips only that would be awesome 😎
  • NemesisUnknownNemesisUnknown Posts: 113
    edited July 2019
    At 0:11 the Level Up sound plays in her music video. Honestly I was shocked to hear it 😂
    https://youtu.be/CMWlkmU_LqY
    Nice to see TFTF is... getting sampledddd
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    At 0:11 the Level Up sound plays in her music video. Honestly I was shocked to hear it 😂

LOL
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

Noice. When is Kabam gonna sue?