Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Please Buff Ratchet

2»

Comments

• BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    I have thought about this a bit actually. And looking at the suggestions of this thread has given me some ideas. While Ratchet really does have great stun with his SP1 and Melee Crits, I feel like the Shock doesn't last long enough for it to chain much. As for his heal, the self-diagnosis is great, but his healing should be utilized more in his abilities and not when he's already lost a decent amount of health. It's like if you get stabbed and you only decide to stop the bleeding when you're already half unconscious.

Ratchet Rework

Anything that isn't altered is kept the same from Ratchet.

-Shocks:
    Last 6 seconds instead of 4. Still does the same amount of damage.

Note:
    The purpose of prolonging the shock is to allow Ratchet more opportunities to stun the Opponent.

-Passive: Medical Kit:
    •If Ratchet is not struck for 10 seconds, he gains a permanent Repair Buff that regenerates 1% of Max Health per second. The Repair Buff is lost when Ratchet is struck.

▪Note:
    As a war medic, Ratchet knows how to work under pressure. However, he does enjoy his moments of peace. If the Opponent doesn't interfere with his work, then that should provide Ratchet the perfect opportunity to setup his medical kit and start repairing health, as any repairs can be beneficial in the long run. It's a way for Ratchet to heal without needing to be reduced to 50% health, but it comes at the cost of being easily lost if not careful.

-SP1:
    New Animation:
    Ratchet pulls out a defibrillator and electrocutes the Opponent before pulling out his trusty wrench and bashing them across the jaw.
    •Defibrillator attacks for a duration of 3 hits.
    •Each hit from the Defibrillator has a 20% chance to inflict Shock.
    •The wrench attack has 15% increased Crit Rating for each Shock Debuff on the Opponent.

▪Note:
    The change to the SP1 is to provide additional Shock Debuffs in order to benefit that final hit, which would pave the way for a Stun.

-SP2:
    •Ratchet purifies all Burn Debuffs.
    ▪Note:
    A simple purification in order to counter Demolitions. I was going to consider purifying bleed but that would counter Scout Bots such as Cheetor, Windblade and Kickback.

•If Ratchet's health is at least at 75%, he gains a Critical Damage Buff, increasing Crit Damage by 20% for 6 seconds.
    ▪Note:
    The damage boost is meant for compensation since Ratchet doesn't gain as much health and power when he has high health.

SP3:
    •The Ranged Attack actually does damage.
    •After performing this Special Attack, Ratchet instantly activates his Medical kit.
    •Shock is replaced with a Repair Block which last for 15 seconds.

▪Note:
    Since Shock has increased in value by it's extended duration, I thought it was best to leave it out of the SP3. And yeah, I think the Repair Block may be a bit too long as well

Let me know your thoughts.

Dude you killed it. That might be better than my own ideas. Especially for that special 1.
    Manthro wrote: »
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    I’d just like to say I’m not hoping to give Ratchet ALL of these buffs. Just one or two of them. Something to help him out and give him some relevancy. Bots like Nemesis Prime and Scorponok have incredible heals. It’s not that he’s impossible to use, it’s that he’s boring to use and look at when you play him. 8/10 times I fight with Ratchet, I’m winning that fight. But I know he would feel better to play if you gave him one or two minor alterations.

There is a misconception with Scorponok amongst players. Yes, he is a great bot... One of the best. But... Technically, he doesn't heal. He only mitigates damage.

Unless he is on base paired with tech mod, he can never regain more health than what he has before he gets hit. His healing ability is more like a delayed armour or resistance buff, because it can recoup some lost damage and bring him back to the remaining amount of health that he would have had if he was getting hit with some kind of defense buff instead.

This is different than traditional healer bots such as Rat, WJ, JF, KB etc, where you can actually recover lost health through great strategy, patience, and multiple battles over time.

Alright I guess TECHNICALLY he doesn’t heal, but he still has amazing survivability for a bot with such strong offensive capabilities. He’s probably the best character in the game. Megatronus may be slightly better, but Scorponok is jack of all trades, master of some. He’s the only bot who can apply Daze along with solid bleeds and terrifying backfires, a true Warriors kit, alway weakening his foe for the fight. Then his venom charges and his signature give him Brawler and Tech attributes with a great damage buff and a somewhat weak but reliable repair. All that goes to a bot who already has high health and moderate damage. Really, Scorponok alone works as proof Ratchet could use something added. By the way, not dissing Scorponok here. Dude was one of my favorite Predacons on Beast Wars and I love the irony of him being a constant failure on that show and being an absolute beast in this game.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Dont really think the guy needs a buff, Ultra Serious does!!
    Kitten wrote: »
    Dont really think the guy needs a buff, Ultra Serious does!!

I can see that. Ultra Magnus just needs some good synergies. His physical resistance gives him amazing survivability and he has some of the best armor breaks around. But he’s the only Tactician bot who doesn’t have any unique synergies with anyone. They’re all very basic. Lose Till All Are One and Brothers In Arms because those are just repeats of Bumblebees and no other Tacticians share synergies like that.

Autobot Legends-Optimus Prime(Ultra Magnus gains an 6~10~14% Armor buff for 4 seconds whenever an opponent activates a special attack, Optimus Primes armor and attack buffs last 1~2~4 seconds longer, while both gain a 6~10~14% increase to debuff damage and armor breaks last 1~2~4 seconds longer for both)

Heavy Hitters-Grimlock, Arcee(All Autobots on the team gain 40~60~80% armor piercing for all basic attacks against Decepticons)

Front Lines-Sideswipe(All Autobots on the team gain 5~10~15% special damage against Decepticons)

Morale Boost-Blaster(All Autobots on the team gain 5~10~15% power rate against Decepticons)

The Immortal Lawmen-Prowl(Ultra Magnus gains 3~5~7% passive block proficiency for each active resistance buff on him, Prowl gains a 3~5~7% chance to evade basic ranged and heavy attacks for every 20% of health missing from his opponent)

Most of these would serve to make him into a sort of ‘rally’ bot who can give numerous buffs to strengthen his team and make him play different from other Tacticians who primarily focus on buffing themselves.
  • I have thought about this a bit actually. And looking at the suggestions of this thread has given me some ideas. While Ratchet really does have great stun with his SP1 and Melee Crits, I feel like the Shock doesn't last long enough for it to chain much. As for his heal, the self-diagnosis is great, but his healing should be utilized more in his abilities and not when he's already lost a decent amount of health. It's like if you get stabbed and you only decide to stop the bleeding when you're already half unconscious.

Ratchet Rework

-Shocks:

Note:
    The purpose of prolonging the shock is to allow Ratchet more opportunities to stun the Opponent.

•If Ratchet is not struck for 10 seconds, he gains a permanent Repair Buff that regenerates 1% of Max Health per second. The Repair Buff is lost when Ratchet is struck.

▪Note:
    As a war medic, Ratchet knows how to work under pressure. However, he does enjoy his moments of peace. If the Opponent doesn't interfere with his work, then that should provide Ratchet the perfect opportunity to setup his medical kit and start repairing health, as any repairs can be beneficial in the long run. It's a way for Ratchet to heal without needing to be reduced to 50% health, but it comes at the cost of being easily lost if not careful.

-SP1:
    New Animation:
    Ratchet pulls out a defibrillator and electrocutes the Opponent before pulling out his trusty wrench and bashing them across the jaw.
    •The wrench attack has 15% increased Crit Rating for each Shock Debuff on the Opponent.

▪Note:
    The change to the SP1 is to provide additional Shock Debuffs in order to benefit that final hit, which would pave the way for a Stun.

-SP2:
    ▪Note:
    A simple purification in order to counter Demolitions. I was going to consider purifying bleed but that would counter Scout Bots such as Cheetor, Windblade and Kickback.

•If Ratchet's health is at least at 75%, he gains a Critical Damage Buff, increasing Crit Damage by 20% for 6 seconds.
    ▪Note:
    The damage boost is meant for compensation since Ratchet doesn't gain as much health and power when he has high health.

SP3:
    •After performing this Special Attack, Ratchet instantly activates his Medical kit.

▪Note:
    Since Shock has increased in value by it's extended duration, I thought it was best to leave it out of the SP3. And yeah, I think the Repair Block may be a bit too long as well

This is really good, but I just love how Ratchet just uses a defibrillator as a weapon. That's resourcefulness right there.

I wanted to find a way to put Shock in the special so why not use the perfect tool that medics use to shock people back to consciousness? Or unconsciousness in this situation.
  • BrickT1973 wrote: »
    I have thought about this a bit actually. And looking at the suggestions of this thread has given me some ideas. While Ratchet really does have great stun with his SP1 and Melee Crits, I feel like the Shock doesn't last long enough for it to chain much. As for his heal, the self-diagnosis is great, but his healing should be utilized more in his abilities and not when he's already lost a decent amount of health. It's like if you get stabbed and you only decide to stop the bleeding when you're already half unconscious.

Ratchet Rework

-Shocks:
    Last 6 seconds instead of 4.
    Still does the same amount of damage.

Note:

▪Note:

-SP1:
    New Animation:

▪Note:

-SP2:
    ▪Note:

▪Note:

SP3:

▪Note:

Dude you killed it. That might be better than my own ideas. Especially for that special 1.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.
    I think some enhancements like these could benefit Ratchet. I didn't want to change his entire skill set, just amplify them so that he can be a bit more resourceful, such as more opportunities to gain health, and the SP2 compensation. Ratchet was one of the two bots that I considered needs a small Buff, the other being Movie Megs.

Ratchet Rework

-Shocks:

Note:

▪Note:

-SP1:
    New Animation:

▪Note:

-SP2:
    ▪Note:

▪Note:

SP3:

▪Note:

I think some enhancements like these could benefit Ratchet. I didn't want to change his entire skill set, just amplify them so that he can be a bit more resourceful, such as more opportunities to gain health, and the SP2 compensation. Ratchet was one of the two bots that I considered needs a small Buff, the other being Movie Megs.

Exactly. His skill set is not terrible in theory but there’s very few opportunities for him to use it outside of just spamming his ranged attacks. And still, I’m just bothered by the animations the most. I can handle a bot with lacking abilities or attributes if you make him look badass while they do it. Like Grindor is a very basic tank character, but the way his moveset has him throwing himself at his foe and his attacks are much more savage and aggressive than almost everyone else makes him more fun to play. Same goes for Bonecrusher. And what would be your thoughts on Ratchets special 3 maybe inflicting power lock and repair block for 10 seconds each instead of a 15 second repair block? Personally I love that idea that someone said of “well if he knows how to fix it he knows to mess it up too”
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

Ratchet Rework

-Shocks:

Note:

▪Note:

-SP1:
    New Animation:

▪Note:

-SP2:
    ▪Note:

▪Note:

SP3:

▪Note:

Perfection!!! We need this added!
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    BOFAD wrote: »
    kranders wrote: »
    Two things I’d like to see. 1 his heavy should start his heal on transformation and not completion and should trigger on his s3 just like OP triggers roll out. 2 purification mechanic of something since he is a medic after all, maybe just on his s2. Maybe next year when they balance bots again.

It would be nice to have gotten an offensive mastery around shock damage instead of just deep wounds for bleed but that will never happen.

You aren't allowed to ask for bot buffs remember UM? lolll jk

I do but it’s not my fault Kabam didn’t test him out.

I find it funny because ratchet is basically the easiest bot to face and this really wouldn’t change much. One AM fight to increase the overall usability of a bot.

It’s all moot anyway. They continue to tank the game.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'd love to see Ultra Magnus and Grindor revamped to bring them up to par with the newer bots.
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I'd love to see Ultra Magnus and Grindor revamped to bring them up to par with the newer bots.

I stand by my idea for Ultra Magnus. Rally bot. Let’s do it Kabam. I believe in you. And I think Grindor is alright. He can tank hits from almost every bot, and his special 2 with his signature puts out some great damage.

Ratchet Rework

-Shocks:

Note:

▪Note:

-SP1:
    New Animation:

▪Note:

-SP2:
    ▪Note:

▪Note:

SP3:

▪Note:

Exactly. His skill set is not terrible in theory but there’s very few opportunities for him to use it outside of just spamming his ranged attacks. And still, I’m just bothered by the animations the most. I can handle a bot with lacking abilities or attributes if you make him look badass while they do it. Like Grindor is a very basic tank character, but the way his moveset has him throwing himself at his foe and his attacks are much more savage and aggressive than almost everyone else makes him more fun to play. Same goes for Bonecrusher. And what would be your thoughts on Ratchets special 3 maybe inflicting power lock and repair block for 10 seconds each instead of a 15 second repair block? Personally I love that idea that someone said of “well if he knows how to fix it he knows to mess it up too”

To me, I value abilities more than animation, but animation quality is a great bonus. It's why I love how the Beast Wars characters are portrayed this game, as their basic moves are really unique to their characteristics, such as Dinobots swordsmanship or Scorponok's stinger attacks. However, there are some characters I feel that should have more unique animations rather than the basic two hit attacks on the SP1. Like Ratchet. The odd thing about Ratchet is that his SP2 starts with the exact same animation as his SP1, so I feel like it could have been done better, especially since he was one of the game's first characters.

As for the build, I was planning on possibly giving Power Lock on his SP3, but I wasn't too sure if a Power Denial ability is necessary or it would be too far.

However, if I would consider Power Lock on SP3, it would be like this:

SP3:
    •Opponent is Power Locked for the duration of this special attack.
    •Heal Block the Opponent for 10 seconds.

That's how I would do it.

Ratchet Rework

-Shocks:

Note:

▪Note:

-SP1:
    New Animation:

▪Note:

-SP2:
    ▪Note:

▪Note:

SP3:

▪Note:

To me, I value abilities more than animation, but animation quality is a great bonus. It's why I love how the Beast Wars characters are portrayed this game, as their basic moves are really unique to their characteristics, such as Dinobots swordsmanship or Scorponok's stinger attacks. However, there are some characters I feel that should have more unique animations rather than the basic two hit attacks on the SP1. Like Ratchet. The odd thing about Ratchet is that his SP2 starts with the exact same animation as his SP1, so I feel like it could have been done better, especially since he was one of the game's first characters.

As for the build, I was planning on possibly giving Power Lock on his SP3, but I wasn't too sure if a Power Denial ability is necessary or it would be too far.

SP3:

That’d be a good way for him to use power lock. And traditionally animations do not bother me. Hell I want some more reskins because a lot of my favorite characters are basically reskins of each other. Like Sunstreaker. But look at Thundercracker. He plays so completely differently from Starscream that the animations are fine. But also, all of Starscream Thundercrackers attacks are all vastly different from each other in how they look. Ratchets special 1 and special 2 use the same attack sequence, and his special 3 is just a ranged attack and a heavy attack from different angles.
    Also if anyone has any other bots they think could use an update, bring them up along with any ideas you have or what you’d hope to see be done with them. Because a lot of bots are becoming way less effective now that guys like Jetfire and Scorponok are here.

Ratchet Rework

-Shocks:

Note:

▪Note:

-SP1:
    New Animation:

▪Note:

-SP2:
    ▪Note:

▪Note:

SP3:

▪Note:

SP3:

And traditionally animations do not bother me. Hell I want some more reskins because a lot of my favorite characters are basically reskins of each other. Like Sunstreaker. But look at Thundercracker. He plays so completely differently from Starscream that the animations are fine. But also, all of Starscream Thundercrackers attacks are all vastly different from each other in how they look. Ratchets special 1 and special 2 use the same attack sequence, and his special 3 is just a ranged attack and a heavy attack from different angles.

Yeah, I don't mind reskins either as the characters are at least similar such as Nemesis and Optimus, the Seekers, the Coneheads, etc.
    Ratchet just needs an improved SP1 or SP2 animation in order create more variety within himself.

Ratchet Rework

-Shocks:

Note:

▪Note:

-SP1:
    New Animation:

▪Note:

-SP2:
    ▪Note:

▪Note:

SP3:

▪Note:

SP3:

And traditionally animations do not bother me. Hell I want some more reskins because a lot of my favorite characters are basically reskins of each other. Like Sunstreaker. But look at Thundercracker. He plays so completely differently from Starscream that the animations are fine. But also, all of Starscream Thundercrackers attacks are all vastly different from each other in how they look. Ratchets special 1 and special 2 use the same attack sequence, and his special 3 is just a ranged attack and a heavy attack from different angles.

Yeah, I don't mind reskins either as the characters are at least similar such as Nemesis and Optimus, the Seekers, the Coneheads, etc.
    Ratchet just needs an improved SP1 or SP2 animation in order create more variety within himself.

True. Maybe something new for his special 3 while we’re at it. But I’m keeping my fingers crossed for more reskins. Personally I’d like

Sunstreaker as a Warrior, since it’s always part of his character that he’s a sociopath who’s also a skilled but violent and ruthless fighter

Silverstreak as a Demo since he’s always pretty well armed and it would be a cool show of how he’ll fight against Decepticons more aggressively than you’d expect someone like him to

Smokescreen a a Tech since his smoke could make for some great attacks and abilities

Skywarp as a Brawler since he’s always shown to be thuggish and it’d help as a minor connection between him and Thundercracker

And finally Thrust and Dirge as Scouts since both of them are fast but rather weak compared to other cons, and it’d be good to have more Cons as Scouts aside from Barricade and Kickback.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Going way off topic. In before close lol. Don't hold your breath though I predict with 99% certainty that Ratchet will not be buffed. Buff said
  • Thanks for sharing all of this, gang! :scream: I'll share your thoughts with the team! No promises!
    Thanks for sharing all of this, gang! :scream: I'll share your thoughts with the team! No promises!

Any acknowledgement of it is good