Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best Bot in every class?

Figured a lighter discussion would be good especially with the widespread dissatisfaction with Nemesis Prime and things related to him. So who are your favorite bots in each class, or whoever you just like the most? For me, it’s the following.

Tactician-G1 Megatron-Buckethead isn’t much at first. His permanent debuffs are strong and scary, but can be avoided. Then you get his signature, and suddenly you’re a solid threat to every bot in the game. Bonus points for his synergies.

Brawler-Optimus Primal-It was close between Primal and Tantrum, but Primal has strong offensive ability and the best defense in the game, especially after a special 3 if you keep those armor buffs around. Add on a signature that heals him for every damaging debuff and you’ve got a real beast around.

Warrior-Scorponok-Dude just covers so much ground it’s hard to pick anyone else. Attack buff, bleed, daze, backfires that can stun and shock, repair once awakened, not only does Scorponok do it all, he does much of it better than anyone else.

Scout-Prowl-Possibly the most basic bot on here, Prowl has great utility. His special 1 is one of the best power drains in the game(second only to Shockwave), his special 2 is strong even if you block and it’s tricky to fully dodge, and his melee buffs make him a threat to almost everyone. Add in that signature power gain, and Prowl can handle the best of them.

Tech-Soundwave-Admittedly, I’m biased on this one, but it helps that he is a strong bot. He has higher health than most bots in the game, helped by his signature that mitigates ranged damage or can remove it entirely with his reflect, and he has decent damage, bolstered by his reliable shocks. And while his main strength is power gain that lets him put special attacks more frequently than any other character, it helps that his power gain also provides him with his shocks and shielding, making for a tough cycle of abilities.

Demolitions-Galvatron-Again, this is more personal than other bots, just because of how much I dislike Megatronus and love Galvatron. Galvatron isn’t terribly versatile like Soundwave or Scorponok, but it’s the fact that his offensive abilities are just so strong, he doesn’t really need much defense. His dark charges make strong ranged and heavy attacks the best in the game, and make his special 1 worthwhile, his special 2 a nightmare, and his special 3 a class killer. Add on a 6 second power gain/unstoppable when duped, and Galvatron truly earns his spot on this list.

Honorable Mentions-Tantrum has possibly the strongest special 3 in the game, but to get it to that level almost guarantees he’ll take some damage. Not much, but enough to mention. Jazz can trick AI like nobodies business with his confusion, which is good enough on its own, but throw in his permanent backfire, and you basically never need to worry about special attacks for the rest of the match. Shockwaves high health Undo ability and special 2 are good, but his shocks are where he hits his stride. They are the best way to drain power in the game, they deal some of the best damage in the game, and they’re made all the better by his heal block. But Soundwaves superior, so he gets to be on the list.

Those are my best/favorites, who are yours?

Comments

• OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited July 2019
    Brawler- Mv1/Me
    Tactician- OG prime
    Tech-Jetfire/ WJ. (Tied for me)
    Warrior-Scorponok
    Demo-Megatronus
    Scout~Prowl

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    For me:
    Brawler:MV1/Grimlock depending on situation
    Tactician: OG Prime, but if I'm fighting Primal, Magnus is my go to guy.
    Tech: Wheeljack is really beginning to grow on me. Each tech has his perfect situation. I feel they're the best class due to they're usefulness.
    Warrior:as much as I hate to admit it: Skorpinok. I refuse to use him though. Bludgeon is my favorite, but not necessarily the best.
    Demo: Megatronus hands down
    Scout:Prowl... period.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Megatronus
    Shockwave
    Prowl
    OG Prime
    Scorponok
    Any Brawler
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Brawler - Grimlock
    Overpowered without his signature ability, trash with Dino Rage. Hits harder than every bot in the game. Too bad his purification is useless
    Warrior - Hound
    Extremely powerful armor, insanely high burn damage
    Scout - Sideswipe
    Obviously. S-1000 close second
    Tech - None of them. They’re all useless. But if I had to choose, Sharkticon would be my pick
    Demo - Ramjet without Enforcers synergy
    That or Demotron w/out Barricade synergy
    Tactician - Ultra Magnus
    Overpowered resistance buffs. I love his Armor buffs, it reminds me of Nemesis’ overpowered SP2. Hey guys, y’all know Optimus, Megatron and Dimobot’s weak and pathetic armor break debuffs? They completely nullify the enemy’s armor AND apply armor reduction. We could make it even better by keeping them the same way they are but what’s even better is that you could only use them when the opponent is armored. How great is that?!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2019
    Lol. Got.it.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    MY OPINION
    Warrior - Scorponok
    Brawler - Tantrum
    Tactician - GS Megatron
    Demolition - Galvatron
    Tech - Shockwave
    Scout - Jazz
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Megatronus is the strongest bot in every class
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    For me it is

Demo - 1. Megatron 2. Mixmaster

Warrior 1. Scorponok 2. Bludgeon

Tactician 1. Optimus 2. Dinobot

Scout 1. Kickback 2. Prowl

Brawler 1. Motormaster 2. Tantrum

Tech 1. Shockwave 2. Wheeljack
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    Warrior- Scorponok, Hot Rod
    Scout- Prowl, Cheetor
    Tech- Jetfire, Shockwave
    Tact- OG Prime, OG Megs
    Brawl- All of them
    Demo- Ironhide, Mixmaster

This is my personal opinion based on how much fun I have with these characters.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Arcee - best power gain in game and bleeds are the best.
    Mix master- sorry tronus fans, I like to fight and not sit back waiting. Damage is some if the best in game.
    Prowl - no question
    MV1 - no description needed
    Scream - best situational bot out there
    Mirage - best long match fighter in game
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Brawler - Grimlock
    Overpowered without his signature ability, trash with Dino Rage. Hits harder than every bot in the game. Too bad his purification is useless
    Warrior - Hound
    Scout - Sideswipe
    Tech - None of them. They’re all useless. But if I had to choose, Sharkticon would be my pick
    Tactician - Ultra Magnus
    Overpowered resistance buffs. I love his Armor buffs, it reminds me of Nemesis’ overpowered SP2. Hey guys, y’all know Optimus, Megatron and Dimobot’s weak and pathetic armor break debuffs? They completely nullify the enemy’s armor AND apply armor reduction. We could make it even better by keeping them the same way they are but what’s even better is that you could only use them when the opponent is armored. How great is that?!

See? This is why we need the disagree button. Also ramjet without enforcers is good. Not a bad demolition.
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Brawler - Grimlock
    Warrior - Hound
    Scout - Sideswipe
    Tactician - Ultra Magnus

What is this guy smoking? Lol
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    are you guys completely unable to detect a joke and sarcasm? It could not be more obvious, unless he was to state that he was joking and being sarcastic.
  • Tactician- Megatron G1
    Demolition- Galvatron
    Tech- Shockwave
    Scout- Prowl
    Warrior- Scorponok
    Brawler- Optimus Primal
    For me it is

Fun flag!
    Brawler - Grimlock
    Warrior - Hound
    Scout - Sideswipe
    Tactician - Ultra Magnus

I should've done this too...
    DaveJL wrote: »
    are you guys completely unable to detect a joke and sarcasm? It could not be more obvious, unless he was to state that he was joking and being sarcastic.

I knew that haah.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    For me it is

How do you get flagged for that?!
  • BrickT1973 wrote: »
    For me it is

For some reason it's a tradition to flag him or something. The older reasons made sense as to why (sorry, Bntyhntr), but now the reasons are just dumb.
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    For me it is

For some reason it's a tradition to flag him or something. The older reasons made sense as to why (sorry, Bntyhntr), but now the reasons are just dumb.

Neat. Also really, Motormaster? I mean don’t get me wrong I love the guy, but he’s gotta be one of the worst bots in the game, at least the bottom 10 or 15. Honestly he needs a buff.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    For me it is

Neat. Also really, Motormaster? I mean don’t get me wrong I love the guy, but he’s gotta be one of the worst bots in the game, at least the bottom 10 or 15. Honestly he needs a buff.

MOTORMASTER. Maxed out, high Sig, even as a 4*... Kills most Raid bases for me.

He handles every warrior up to R4 no matter the mod, and makes short work of Prowl, G1 Prime, G1 Megatron, Demotron, Waspinator, non RR Tronus, Galvatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Cheetor, Kickback, and fellow brawlers like Tantrum, Grindor, Primal, MV Prime...

...JUST DON'T MENTION CYCLONUS.

And here's my crew:

Demo: MV Megatron, Galvatron
    Tact: Cyclonus
    Scout: Barricade, Kickback
    Brawler: Motormaster, Thundercracker
    Warrior: Scorponok, Bonecrusher
    Tech: Rhinox, Wheeljack, Shockwave
    For me it is

No apology needed
    For me it is

It's a tradition for some idiot that likes flagging me for fun
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    For me it is

MOTORMASTER. Maxed out, high Sig, even as a 4*... Kills most Raid bases for me.

He handles every warrior up to R4 no matter the mod, and makes short work of Prowl, G1 Prime, G1 Megatron, Demotron, Waspinator, non RR Tronus, Galvatron, Soundwave, Shockwave, Cheetor, Kickback, and fellow brawlers like Tantrum, Grindor, Primal, MV Prime...

...JUST DON'T MENTION CYCLONUS.

And here's my crew:

Demo: MV Megatron, Galvatron
    Tact: Cyclonus
    Scout: Barricade, Kickback
    Brawler: Motormaster, Thundercracker
    Warrior: Scorponok, Bonecrusher
    Tech: Rhinox, Wheeljack, Shockwave

And I can clear raids using my Soundwave and no one else. But with Motormaster, he has very limited survivability, and for him to put out any noticeable damage, he needs to be at about 60% health. I’ll give him that final R5 upgrade just because I like him anyway, but from what I’ve seen he’s really only passable, and he’s outshined by all the other Brawlers except for possibly Grindor. Motormaster is all offense, no defense, Grindor is all defense with very little offense.

But Primal is one of the best bots in the game and has possibly the strongest defensive capabilities with his crit armor. Grimlock may not hit hard but he’s decent even without his signature, and once he’s duped his purify/attack buffs make him worthwhile. Thundercrackers got too much stuff to list, but we know he’s strong and annoying to get ahold of, so he breaks even by Brawler standards. MV1 has strong specials and synergies, basic attack and armor buffs that help in any fight, and a great signature if you have some good timing and are up against the wall in your fight.

But now we have Tantrum. Tantrum is so much better than Motormaster that he singlehandedly makes him need a buff. I’m comparing my 3* Tantrum and my 3* Motormaster here because I don’t have a 4* Tantrum. Motormaster has slightly more health, Tantrum has slightly more damage. But Motormaster needs his signature to gain any melee buffs. Right now his is at level 90, so he gains +56% attack for every 20% of health missing. That’s not bad. But then you’ve got Tantrum. He gains a 22% attack buff everytime he dashes in, loses it when dashing back, unless he’s unstoppable. All you need to do is go unstoppable twice and dash back and forth a few times, now you’re at 220% damage. The fact he’s passively armored, and gains more passive armor when dashing, means even if you’re attacked in this process, it’s very possible to keep your health above 85%. That’s not even bringing up Tantrums signature, where every 3 melee buffs he gains, he purifies all debuffs, gains increased critical rating, and has a chance to be unblockabke! For Motormaster to roughly match Tantrums damage, he needs to be have his signature, and be at 20% health. Motormasters only true strength is his debuffs;his heavy attacks always affect attack armor or power, Tantrum can only stun or burn, and he needs his melee buffs for it.

Or look at their specials. Tantrums special 1 can burn with enough melee buffs, his special 2 can stun with enough melee buffs, and his special 3 gives him 3 melee buffs no matter what, so if you have saved 10, you’re looking at +286% damage(!) for the attack and unstoppable for a few seconds. And now Motormaster. His special 1 has no effects, unless teamed up with Ramjet, where it gains a chance for stun. His special 2 gives a 4 second unstoppable, which isn’t bad but unstoppable isn’t the best buff around, it’s very average. And his special 3 will inflict 6 debuffs of either armor break, attack down, or power rate down. That’s powerful and would be great, except HE DAMAGES HIMSELF DOING IT. From what I remember, you’ll lose about 7% or 9% of health using that attack, which is absurd considering he’s the only bot in the game able to actually harm himself.

Motormaster isn’t the worst in the game(Ratchet) but he’s still possibly the worst Brawler. Grindor can at least buff his melee damage based on his opponents power. Give Motormaster just one or two little things. Maybe give his ranged attacks attacks a 10% chance to stun for 2 seconds, and this chance goes up by 50% if his opponent is dashing at him or away from him. And on his special 1, have him activate a Swordsman buff, increasing the damage of all sword attacks by 20%-40% for 6 seconds or something like that, so there’s at least a reason to consider using his special 1. Because as of right now Motormaster is the only bot who harms himself with his special 3 and is one of only three bots that have a special 1 that has no effect from using it, the others being Mixmaster and Waspinator, but their trade off is they can at least affect the damage of their special 1. Right now, Motormaster is a passable bot to use, but he has a lot of drawbacks to him.
  • YeetYeet Posts: 3
    B Thundercracker
    W hot rod
    S Cheetos
    T Jetfire soundwave
    D Megatron Mv1
    Tac cyclonus
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    Brawler - Grimlock
    Warrior - Hound
    Scout - Sideswipe
    Tactician - Ultra Magnus

The fact that there are so few people that appreciate this comment depresses me.
  • My opinion: MV, Jetfire, Ironhide, OG Megatron, Windblade/Jazz, not sure about warrior but Scorponok maybe

What I'm using: Grimlock, Shockwave, Kickback, Ramjet, OG Megatron.. And I never use warrior but if I do, Arcee :)

I refuse to pick Megatronus
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited December 2019
    Thread revived (again). As usual, this is my personal list with my own reason why. Which is these bots best represent a balance of fun for me, utility, and efficacy in battle.

Brawler: Grindor
    - with his recent rebalance, he now has more utility with SP’s being able to lock out the opponents SP’s. Can buy you enough time to finish the enemy off.
    - His Melee is just plain awesome. I know we can’t see the actual rating but his Melee simply connects.
    - He is the best dancer in this game.

Demo: Tronus
    - nothing to say here that hasn’t been already, except I do find him fun to use above other Demos.

Tactician: tie between OGM and OGP
    - of course these two belong here
    - nostalgia makes me fight better
    - buff steal with OGM really unlocks some cool fight dynamics

Tech: Shockwave
    - Power Control
    - Power Control
    - Power Control

Scout: Barricade
    - Backfire, Power Steal, & Power Lock all serve as nice utility but I also think it makes the enemy AI act differently in a good way
    - I like his movements and truly feel like I’m in ninja mode when I use him

Warrior: Scorponok
    - a wise player once told me that Scorp looks great on paper but Drift gets the job done. I believe that to be true but Scorp is much more fun to use
    - Backfire and Venom charges have their utility and a technical nature to them which I love.

Thanks for reading. These forum topics are starting to really become emotional nowadays. Hope someone out there find this helpful. I’ve been playing and digging deep into this game for a long time. I recommend others who are newer to do the same — there is a lot here.
  • Sydney2Sydney2 Posts: 68
    edited December 2019
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Brawler: Grindor
    - with his recent rebalance, he now has more utility with SP’s being able to lock out the opponents SP’s. Can buy you enough time to finish the enemy off.
    - His Melee is just plain awesome. I know we can’t see the actual rating but his Melee simply connects.
    - He is the best dancer in this game.

Scout: Barricade
    - Backfire, Power Steal, & Power Lock .... makes the enemy AI act differently in a good way

I strongly second this for both of these guys, it's like the AI half the time or more completely loses it's strategy and will just stand back and block or just take [Medium, light, light, light, Heavy] combo after combo until the Power Lock wears off. By that time, Grindor is at or just about at Sp2 which will end the fight, and Barricade is ready/almost ready to steal a bar of power and then hit 'em again for a backfire or end the fight (if the Sp2 didn't end the fight, that is). They were my go to choice for many months and will be back in the mix once I R4 them (or Barricade, at least). And yeah, I seem to be able to dance around with Grindor better than most.
  • Brawler: Thundercracker. Nuff said.
    Warrior: scorponok or bonecrusher
    Scout: G1 bee or cheetor
    Tech: ALL OF THEM
    Demo: Tronus. And ironhide, galvatron, waspinator, ramjet... ok all of them.
    Tactician: megatron, followed closely by cyclonus and G1 Prime.

Classless enemies: Act Four Tronus, S-1000
  • My edited version:
    Brawler: Still MV1
    Tactician: OGP
    Warrior: Drift/Scorp
    Demo: Tronus/IH
    Scout: Prowl/barricade/cheetor.
    Tech: Shockboy/jackie/Jetfire.