Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Should i try to ATTEMPT master mode?

Comments

• Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Yes, attempt master mode.
    @OptimalOptimus_MV1 be prepared for the 2.2 power flow path...
  • Options
    Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    You can just do the easiest path on each level after chapter 1. If you can do that then it’s a starting point. After that you might consider how to beat the toughest paths.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Which boss/ miniboss is the hardest, or may be most difficult for me?

They’re pretty easy this month. I’d say JF and TC gave me a hard time clearing them. MV1 requires you to play less aggressively, that’s it, his specials and attacks are easy to dodge as his AI wasn’t annoying. Nemesis is a literally joke, if you think Kickback was easy, if you think Grimlock in ROK is easy, if you think act 1 Megatron is easy, just wait until you see Nemesis in this new spotlight.

movie bee is the miniboss for 3.1, i guess he's difficult?

Haha...no
    His evade can easily be shut down in 1 hit. The mod he’s on isn’t hard either. Cycle Resist is a cakewalk in the game at this point.
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    You can just do the easiest path on each level after chapter 1. If you can do that then it’s a starting point. After that you might consider how to beat the toughest paths.

Yes exactly stay with the weakest paths in each mission to start with
  • Options
    OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited July 2019
    Kitten wrote: »

Im not doing harder paths yet, and i need a confirmation. Do i rank 2 my 5 star cheetor, or do i save 1 more spark to rank 3 my duped 5 star Kb?
  • Options
    Kitten wrote: »

Im not doing harder paths yet, and i need a confirmation. Do i rank 2 my 5 star cheetor, or do i save 1 more spark to rank 3 my duped 5 star Kb?

Cheetor is better than kickback imo
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Only way to get good is practice. I recently saw someone take on RoK with a 3* Megatronus and win.
    This is 100% a game of skill.
  • Options
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Only way to get good is practice. I recently saw someone take on RoK with a 3* Megatronus and win.

Wait... Did you mean RotK or did he really beat RoK?
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

Wait... Did you mean RotK or did he really beat RoK?

https://youtu.be/N36lUXNdPfw
  • Options
    My man don't worry about attempting master if you feel like you can't explore it fully
    IMO chapter 1 and usually the first mission of chapter 2 are on similar levels to expert difficulty in chapter 3. Not to mention that even completion rewards for those two are still helpful. I used to be stuck in a rut where I could barely complete master (running the easy lanes in chapter 3, and exploring ch 1-2), but the rewards from just that eventually added up so that I could take it on with some discretion and some stacked up health/revive items.
  • Options
    A bit of news, i just ranked 4 my g1 megatron the 4 star, is he a good bot to run in master? Or is he too low leveled? He is not duped yet
  • Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    A bit of news, i just ranked 4 my g1 megatron the 4 star, is he a good bot to run in master? Or is he too low leveled? He is not duped yet

Get him from the store. Seriously g1 megatron is a spotlight king if duped.

He can steal and practically nullify most mods. Steal repairs, even scorponok’s if you get a steal mid combo. Energon shield becomes nothing. Nemesis’s repair can be halted. Ratchet’s power gain and repair, taken. Very versatile bot.

Have you got shockwave? That synergy reduces power rate on opponents, good for mods like on mv1 prime this spotlight. When you’ve got 1 fused and land another power rate debuff, he practically power locks them.

Starscream can help with fusing those debuffs if it becomes an issue as well.

Worth mentioning I did say most mods, bot them all. I can’t remember what ones he can’t steal, but there’s a few. But a very sound investment, and well worth taking to max rank/forge even on his own. The additional synergies are just the cherry on the cake.

Get him to max rank ASAP for maximum benefit. You won’t regret it
  • Options
    Thought I’d chip in a separate thread to help with the original question. If you’re nervous about taking on master all the way, do it in stages.

Focus on completing the easiest and mod free path until you get comfortable with the level. Then start exploring once you feel you can manage it.

There’s no shame in saying you can’t complete it. Last month was the first time on a while I done it. Been a total struggle every other time.

Make sure you’re bringing a team that can cope with the mod path chosen. A DOT bot or 2 in a resistance path helps. Anti evade for an evasion path, stuff like that. Megatron helps a ton as mentioned.

Take your time, and try not to go overboard on energon unless you really need to. Always save it for if you really, really need it on say, the miniboss on a harder path.

Once you start completing on a regular basis, you’ll start to rely less on the rewards from expert. Let it become your priority to complete first, and nail the rewards from that. Take your time if you need to, and make sure you get them. Anything from expert becomes a side bonus. With the extra time devoted to master rather than expert, you’ll get more comfortable with the level, and improve your roster to make master easier as you gain the rewards to rank 5*.
  • Options

He can steal and practically nullify most mods. Steal repairs, even scorponok’s if you get a steal mid combo. Energon shield becomes nothing. Nemesis’s repair can be halted. Ratchet’s power gain and repair, taken. Very versatile bot.

Have you got shockwave? That synergy reduces power rate on opponents, good for mods like on mv1 prime this spotlight. When you’ve got 1 fused and land another power rate debuff, he practically power locks them.

Worth mentioning I did say most mods, bot them all. I can’t remember what ones he can’t steal, but there’s a few. But a very sound investment, and well worth taking to max rank/forge even on his own. The additional synergies are just the cherry on the cake.

Well when i get 4 star mv1 tonight i probably will prioritize him, I've been saving some brawler sparks specifically for him. But now you say that, should i continue my focus on g1 megatron? I know mv1 is brilliant btw. Also i am around 45k from duping megatron. Any tips on getting chips so i can dupe him for master?
  • Options

Well when i get 4 star mv1 tonight i probably will prioritize him, I've been saving some brawler sparks specifically for him. But now you say that, should i continue my focus on g1 megatron? I know mv1 is brilliant btw. Also i am around 45k from duping megatron. Any tips on getting chips so i can dupe him for master?

I get your point about mv1, but megatron will help in much more content.

Aside from raiding like a madman, you could buy some with the energon bundles, or try and max as many achievements as you can. He’s worth pushing for.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    No, Don't do it yet unless you have a squad of r5 four stars
    I'd say get a decent enough teams of 4*s and go for it, what have you got to loose?
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    I'd say get a decent enough teams of 4*s and go for it, what have you got to loose?

Gold, energon, time, my mind.
  • Options

Aside from raiding like a madman, you could buy some with the energon bundles, or try and max as many achievements as you can. He’s worth pushing for.

I do have a max og prime, but i know megatron will be far from replacing him, if it all. I really like g1 megs, but how good is he unduped? I will either dupe him with an awakening or chips.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    No, Don't do it yet unless you have a squad of r5 four stars
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

Gold, energon, time, my mind.

Ok then do it just before the insanity kick in, yeah?
  • Options
    If you want to win the game, you must turn insane.
  • Options

I do have a max og prime, but i know megatron will be far from replacing him, if it all. I really like g1 megs, but how good is he unduped? I will either dupe him with an awakening or chips.

Idk how to do quotes so if that's a wall of rehashed text ^ I apologize
    Megatron unduped is aight. Megatron has debuff DOT potential without needing his dupe, can gain permanent armor break early in the fight, and has an attack debuff that's helpful. It comes down to preference/synergies when you consider your other tacticians. Duped, Megatron is a spotlight destroyer, and since he's in the 5 star crystal pool, you never know when you might get that sweet sweet sig.
  • Options
    An update: i managed to do 2.1 to 3.1. Now all i need to do is finish master with 3.2. It wasn't that bad but some of my bots fainted. Hopefully, i should finish master soon
  • Options
    hell yeah brother
  • Options

Idk how to do quotes so if that's a wall of rehashed text ^ I apologize
    Megatron unduped is aight. Megatron has debuff DOT potential without needing his dupe, can gain permanent armor break early in the fight, and has an attack debuff that's helpful. It comes down to preference/synergies when you consider your other tacticians. Duped, Megatron is a spotlight destroyer, and since he's in the 5 star crystal pool, you never know when you might get that sweet sweet sig.

I agree here. Unduped he is good, maybe not ogp with synergies good but good nonetheless. However duped is when he turns into a monster for spotlight.

Why not run both him and ogp? They both serve very different purposes, similar to how many can run tronus and galvatron in the same team despite both being demo’s.

Class doesn’t matter. It’s the purpose they serve. Throw megatron in with prime with ratchet synergy, and you’ve got 2 very different bots with very different skill sets. Meg has easier access to a permanent armour break, attack debuffs, power rate debuffs, a great dot, and ability to practically nullify.

Try both, you might like what you see. I used to use both in various teams together and worked well due to the varying utility offered by both.
  • Options
    PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    Recently I've been thinking, i can do expert well, but i need some better rewards for my bots. I don't have many rank 5s, but i typically use a squad of rank 5: (Optimus prime gs, Jazz, Wheeljack) a rank 4 megatronus soon to be r5, and a rank 2 5 star kickback. Should i attempt master mode? (for all/most spotlights)

If you feel confortable with your setup you can most likely clear the easiest path for chapter 1&2, despite the stats difference. The AI isn't that keen on shredding you to pieces.

The only downside is the fact that fights will take a bit longer, and you'll most likely have to bait 1-2 special atacks before each bot goes down.
  • Options
    Keep trying....I just completed Master for the very first time tonight.
  • Options
    Keep trying....I just completed Master for the very first time tonight.

Explored* correction. Never been able to tackle that very last lane.
  • Options
    3341vm7tjrku.png

I just completed master for the first time! I managed to beat nem (after my og prime fainted) with my megatronus. Im glad that my tronus didn't die, or i would have had to expedience that stupid last ditch repair again.
  • Options
    OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited July 2019
    hllph47a30ct.png
    Master gave me enough chips so i could dupe my gs megatron! Can't wait to see how good he is now. It also gave me enough shards for a 5 star!