Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Can't it be possible to remodel some Bots?

Some movie bots are not the right color or not movie accurate.

Movie 1 Optimus only has one wheel on each hip when it should be two. I have no idea why this is the case.

Ironhide is this blue-ish color when he should be black.

Grindor is modeled after his ROTF toy and his feet are not screen accurate.

Movie Bumblebee's head is miscolored and should be mostly yellow.

Movie Megatron's left hand is not screen accurate. It should look creepy and messed up like in the movie and not just a normal hand with claws.

Movie Hot Rod's "big toe" is on the outside of his foot.

Movie Bonecrusher only has three fingers on each hand when he should have four.

These things bother me because it seems like during development and modeling of the movie characters they just went with whatever model they found without actually looking at the final model used in the movies. I know a lot of changes went through with modeling movie characters, but it's like some of these mistakes in the game are just lazy.

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Heres a better idea, make all the bayformers G1 :-)
  • Kitten wrote: »

That idea was already done: Bumblebee movie.
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Kitten wrote: »

Not on your life. There’s some G1 bots in the game who should be their movie versions, for example:
    lh6qmmg1dm6v.jpg

Or maybe:

62znu03nt5rd.jpg
  • Decimus234 wrote: »

Not on your life. There’s some G1 bots in the game who should be their movie versions, for example:
    lh6qmmg1dm6v.jpg

Or maybe:

62znu03nt5rd.jpg

I agree with Starscream. I've always liked his movie design. It's unique. I'd like to see movie and G1 Starscream interacting.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Decimus234 wrote: »

lh6qmmg1dm6v.jpg

Or maybe:

62znu03nt5rd.jpg

NO REFRENCING JHONSON ON THESE FORUMS!!!
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    I want a red and black drift
    He'd looks do sexy 😍
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Slayer wrote: »
    I want a red and black drift
    He'd looks do sexy 😍

Agreed. Just not for those reasons. Red and black paint jobs just universally look awesome.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506

Movie 1 Optimus only has one wheel on each hip when it should be two. I have no idea why this is the case.

Movie Megatron's left hand is not screen accurate. It should look creepy and messed up like in the movie and not just a normal hand with claws.

These things bother me because it seems like during development and modeling of the movie characters they just went with whatever model they found without actually looking at the final model used in the movies. I know a lot of changes went through with modeling movie characters, but it's like some of these mistakes in the game are just lazy.

Bonecrusher's head stays in the same place during a special 3 so as his body spins his head clips through as it doesn't move
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    OR! the new paint idea...make a new paint job (and an avatar) for about 40-60 energon and it'd work wonders! (This idea has been suggested before)
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

lh6qmmg1dm6v.jpg

Or maybe:

62znu03nt5rd.jpg

Right, time to nosedive in.

Theres no reason ratchet and scream shouldn’t be their g1 skins. Both are integral and popular characters in g1. Both are iconic in their image alone.

It’s ok to want the movie versions. But to say they should take the place of the g1 bots.... no. Totally different. Personalities being similar, there’s nothing else to relate them to. Not even image.

Take starscream. His null Ray was noted as part of his arsenal in g1 and gives kabam an excellent mechanic to work with. Nullifying. Movie scream doesn’t have this. Aside from being reckless and incompetent (personality), he didn’t offer all that much aside from blowing bee’s legs off on the first movie. What has kabam got to work with in comparison?

Movie ratchet just died. A few lines aside, that’s it. Kabam has nothing to work with here.

The case can be made in the opposite direction I guess for grindor and mixmaster, but I guess they had to balance the roster somehow, and gave mix at least something tangible and relatable. Without exhausting the known roster of movie bots of course. Lockdown, scream, and whatever other notables have to be spaced out.

On the other hand, kabam has plenty of lore and backstory to work with when it comes to lesser g1 bots. Look at sideswipe. Relatively insignificant, but fleshed our enough throughout publications that they have something to work with. The same goes for a lot of the lesser known, or not the first names you’d think of, g1 bots.

There’s just more to work with. And that’s why they’re there rather than their movie counterparts. Especially as earlier bots.

It’s not that big a deal is it? These are minor things to bother about in comparison to other problems in the game
  • Decimus234 wrote: »

lh6qmmg1dm6v.jpg

Or maybe:

62znu03nt5rd.jpg

Right, time to nosedive in.

Theres no reason ratchet and scream shouldn’t be their g1 skins. Both are integral and popular characters in g1. Both are iconic in their image alone.

It’s ok to want the movie versions. But to say they should take the place of the g1 bots.... no. Totally different. Personalities being similar, there’s nothing else to relate them to. Not even image.

Take starscream. His null Ray was noted as part of his arsenal in g1 and gives kabam an excellent mechanic to work with. Nullifying. Movie scream doesn’t have this. Aside from being reckless and incompetent (personality), he didn’t offer all that much aside from blowing bee’s legs off on the first movie. What has kabam got to work with in comparison?

Movie ratchet just died. A few lines aside, that’s it. Kabam has nothing to work with here.

The case can be made in the opposite direction I guess for grindor and mixmaster, but I guess they had to balance the roster somehow, and gave mix at least something tangible and relatable. Without exhausting the known roster of movie bots of course. Lockdown, scream, and whatever other notables have to be spaced out.

On the other hand, kabam has plenty of lore and backstory to work with when it comes to lesser g1 bots. Look at sideswipe. Relatively insignificant, but fleshed our enough throughout publications that they have something to work with. The same goes for a lot of the lesser known, or not the first names you’d think of, g1 bots.

There’s just more to work with. And that’s why they’re there rather than their movie counterparts. Especially as earlier bots.

It’s not that big a deal is it? These are minor things to bother about in comparison to other problems in the game

Yeah, they're minor. But if you're gonna put a movie character in the game, then at least make them screen accurate. Drift, Hound, and Barricade look nice, so why did the others get the short end of the stick?
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Some of them may just be modelled on certain toys. Remember kabam has to work with hasbro who have to decide if it’s accurate to their toys or whatever they do. G1 megatron is modelled on his potp toy I believe. It happens with all of them. Blaster has a visor like jazz, but his g1 cartoon did not, he had eyes if I recall correctly. But there is a toy with a visor, I know that. Which may be the toy he’s based on.

Remember hasbro has the final say
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783

lh6qmmg1dm6v.jpg

Or maybe:

62znu03nt5rd.jpg

I would love to see these versions in the game
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Why is everyone even trying to debate with a person who named themself Butt Stabber?

If there was ever an argument you couldn't possibly win, it's against that guy.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Why is everyone even trying to debate with a person who named themself Butt Stabber?

If there was ever an argument you couldn't possibly win, it's against that guy.

Thanks I guess. 😂 The name actually comes from Markiplier on YouTube.