Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Do you read the dialog in the spotlights/story or just skip it to play the game?

Do you read the dialog in the spotlights/story or just skip it to play the game? 64 votes

Read the dialog
79%
JKLAnnatarDirculesTyberiousGunz0MallowmanChuck_CanuckDown_UnderA13X2017Bazzatron1979Maximus_PrimeRocsolidJhn314Kabam VydiousserdoodJOUSTDaveJLMr_WonderfulDarkMatrixBntyhntr3232_ 51 votes
Skip it
20%
MeshatariBeastdadKillMasterCDrShotgunIgoranSKJogamewilldorfBlack_ThoughtVoltronBi1b0Baggins小龙女TimTheEnchanterEdwardo76 13 votes

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Read the dialog
    I read. I like to read
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Read the dialog
    There's this thing called story and context.
    The story explains what's happening and the context explains why things are happening

So in conclusion, I don't really see the point in skipping it unless you've already read it
  • Skip it
    I have 3 kids and a full time job, I haven’t read a single line of text.
  • Read the dialog
    This game actually gets me to write stories for it.

I actually might release them in an old thread, but not until the summer is over.

Crazy, I know.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Skip it
    Life doesn't allow me the time luxury of reading the dialogue. If my wife catches me in the game, there are consequences. If my kids catch me in the game, there are consequences.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Read the dialog
    Life doesn't allow me the time luxury of reading the dialogue. If my wife catches me in the game, there are consequences. If my kids catch me in the game, there are consequences.

Said Consequences :
    ax3oa3c88m65.gif
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Read the dialog
    I read it - it contributes to the overall experience I think
    Skip it
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

Said Consequences :
    ax3oa3c88m65.gif

Here's a real-life example for you:

Last week at the pinnacle of sharktaco-week, daughter catches me grinding like a madman.
    I could feel the disdain like smog in the silence. My daughter (stock photo) a few days ago:
    4z0nbvnms9kd.jpg

My daughter today:
    9bg8ey8p3mj4.jpg

• NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Read the dialog
    Of course I read it. It takes, what, an extra couple minutes total? And I can always use a good laugh.
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Skip it
    i guess that's why I've got higher ranked bots than most people, didn't waste hours reading when i could be playing lol
  • Read the dialog
    willdorf wrote: »
    i guess that's why I've got higher ranked bots than most people, didn't waste hours reading when i could be playing lol

Weird flex but ok lol
    edited July 2019
    Skip it
    My point is, I play a game to actually play, not read. If I wanted to read a transformers story, I'd pick up a comic book, and it would be way better anyways than this stuff. I just wish they'd take the 4 hours or whatever it takes to write and program those scenes and put that towards things that the majority of us have been asking for for months. And when a lot of us asked for "story" we meant act 4 of the story mode with some good rewards and something we could grind for more gold and ore once we finished all the spotlight for the month
    Skip it
    My point is, I play a game to actually play, not read. If I wanted to read a transformers story, I'd pick up a comic book, and it would be way better anyways than this stuff. I just wish they'd take the 4 hours or whatever it takes to write and program those scenes and put that towards things that the majority of us have been asking for for months. And when a lot of us asked for "story" we meant act 4 of the story mode with some good rewards and something we could grind for more gold and ore once we finished all the spotlight for the month

I feel like a lot of palms will end up on a lot of heads at Kabam, when they read this.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Read the dialog
    I read the dialogue
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Read the dialog
    It barely takes any time to read. Maybe an extra 2 minutes per spotlight
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2019
    Read the dialog

You are correct that there are far more important things that this game should focused on, especially in this state. I'm not saying Kabam should focus their manpower soley on story. I would love for them to follow our wishes and requests, but it's Kabam, they do what they do.

I just think the dialogue adds a bit more soul into the experience, you know? It's not really time consuming, taking at least 1 minute to read them. When I play a game, I play it to have fun, like punching giant robots with my favorite characters. For games, I don't really care about winning, losing, or trying to get the highest rank (unless it's a hyper competitive game, then bring it on). I don't just want to play a game, I want to enjoy a game. Games like Mario Kart, Mortal Kombat, they are games you can play to enjoy. That's my problem with most mobile games. They constantly demand that you grind and play to the point it would become stale. Updates prevent it from getting stale. There are no new bots or events for me to enjoy, but a story would do for now.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Read the dialog
    Easy. Read on my first play through, skip on reruns. It’s practically a comic you play, you are able to spend the 5-7 minutes max reading it at least once. If you don’t read it because the dialogue is cheesy or repetitive or kind of lame, I get that. But don’t say you skip it because you don’t have enough time to do it.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Read the dialog
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Easy. Read on my first play through, skip on reruns. It’s practically a comic you play, you are able to spend the 5-7 minutes max reading it at least once. If you don’t read it because the dialogue is cheesy or repetitive or kind of lame, I get that. But don’t say you skip it because you don’t have enough time to do it.
    Or instead of skipping it on reruns you could go to settings and set it to not show once you’ve read it.
  • Read the dialog
    I’m love finding the Easter eggs - “ megatron has all the best words” is by far my favourite
  • Read the dialog
    The humor is on point, and the script isn't so dramatic that you feel embarrassed reading it(looking at you, Silverbolt!)
  • Read the dialog
    I’m love finding the Easter eggs - “ megatron has all the best words” is by far my favourite

That line ("You know Megatron has the best words") sounded so stilted and weird that it was funny to me even though I didn't get the reference. Can someone enlighten me about what it refers to?

advTHANKSance
  • TimTheEnchanterTimTheEnchanter Posts: 21
    edited August 2019
    Skip it

That line ("You know Megatron has the best words") sounded so stilted and weird that it was funny to me even though I didn't get the reference. Can someone enlighten me about what it refers to?

advTHANKSance
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn283OjPb1g
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Read the dialog
    Our writers put a lot of heart into the dialogue/story! They're true fans when it comes to Transformers. I'm not sure where the idea that their work can be put into something else comes from when this is what they're meant to be doing and enjoy doing. Everyone here has their jobs and their focus. We understand there is a pull for certain things, but that isn't theirs to decide. So don't knock their efforts because you aren't happy with a decision they had no part of. :/ Our writers have theirs and this is what they've always been doing. Being able to write again for y'all has been very exciting for them so knowing that y'all have been enjoying it just as much is going to be such a treat for them to hear.

The writer who worked on Tale of Two Stingers has been super hyped up to share it with the lot of you. It's filled with a trove of Easter Eggs too. ;)

Glad I can read then...1 hour and 2 minutes left...
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Read the dialog
    Our writers put a lot of heart into the dialogue/story! They're true fans when it comes to Transformers. I'm not sure where the idea that their work can be put into something else comes from when this is what they're meant to be doing and enjoy doing. Everyone here has their jobs and their focus. We understand there is a pull for certain things, but that isn't theirs to decide. So don't knock their efforts because you aren't happy with a decision they had no part of. :/ Our writers have theirs and this is what they've always been doing. Being able to write again for y'all has been very exciting for them so knowing that y'all have been enjoying it just as much is going to be such a treat for them to hear.

The writer who worked on Tale of Two Stingers has been super hyped up to share it with the lot of you. It's filled with a trove of Easter Eggs too. ;)

Must be incredibly weird and challenging and fun to write together all the different dimensions of Transformers into a coherent story :) Looking forward to this upcoming episode!
  • Read the dialog

I can't wait !

Thank you writers!

I also think 6* Barneytron should be a real thing.....Maybe an exclusive crystal on april 1st?
    Skip it

Alllllrighttt, I gueesssssssss..... It seems I'm actually in the minority and should shut up. I've just always been the type of player that skips through the cut scenes to get to the action, on mobile as well as pc and console
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Read the dialog

I am definitely looking forward to this Mission. Plus, the impression I am getting is that it will be a fun storyline. I'll take my time, of course, as I will likely start by trying to completely explore Expert Mode.

BONUS: My Beast Wars Team will be deployed for Chapter 1 of Expert... as well as for the entire Hard Mission Mode.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Read the dialog

Nah, dude I'm always excited for new stories. I have to give it to your writers they're very talented, I always want to read it all right away when spotlight starts :lol:
    Can I have some energy refills? 😉😁