Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Why would you buff Sideswipe?

13»

Comments

• that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    I can understand that, but if that’s the case, would you, or anyone reading this, give Bludgeon or Ironhide a buff as well? Sure they’re both hard-hitting, but neither has any particular utility or reason to use them in a fight over anyone else in their class, outside of each having higher damage, or in Bludgeons case, higher armor, than the rest of their class.

Ironhide is the only one I would try to make a case for buffing as he's outclassed by a few demos. Even then, IH is still very strong with his special attacks, let alone Crit damage with a beefy signature level. Bludgeon has potency in form of bleeds and crits from his Sig level. But his utility comes from sword master synergy which can output insane damage.

With both bots, they have higher damage potential than sideswipe currently, so it's tough to compare them.

• BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    that1guy wrote: »
    I can understand that, but if that’s the case, would you, or anyone reading this, give Bludgeon or Ironhide a buff as well? Sure they’re both hard-hitting, but neither has any particular utility or reason to use them in a fight over anyone else in their class, outside of each having higher damage, or in Bludgeons case, higher armor, than the rest of their class.

Ironhide is the only one I would try to make a case for buffing as he's outclassed by a few demos. Even then, IH is still very strong with his special attacks, let alone Crit damage with a beefy signature level. Bludgeon has potency in form of bleeds and crits from his Sig level. But his utility comes from sword master synergy which can output insane damage.

With both bots, they have higher damage potential than sideswipe currently, so it's tough to compare them.

The reason I compare the three is because they fulfill a similar role. They’re all reliable, they don’t specifically counter anyone nor are they specifically countered by anyone, bar a select few exceptions. Ironhide is the simplest, he has some of the best damage potential in the game, but he has no defensive abilities aside from moderate health. Pre-August Sideswipe has high damage, good power gain, and can give himself the highest crit rates in the game(second only to Jazz, but Sideswipes is far easier to obtain and keep, so I’d argue it’s the better one overall), he can then boost the damage of those many critical hits, and he has his evades if things start to get dicey, but he has low health. Bludgeon has somewhat rare but very powerful bleeds, and a surprisingly strong defense; he has the best Armor Buff in the game, it’s one of the easiest to obtain, and he can refresh it with his heavy attacks, but for his full damage potential, he has to be on a specific team, and has to miss an attack, something that the player can’t fully control. They don’t have amazing abilities like Confusion or Crit Armor or Buff Steal. They just have Bleeds, Burns, Stuns, and devastating crits that allow them to fight 95% of the games roster with brute strength.

And I’m gonna say this. I wouldn’t mind as much if Sideswipe were given these buffs somewhere down the line. But he’s not a weak bot by any means. Pre-August, he was fine. He didn’t have the utility of Prowl or Jazz against certain bots or mods, but he didn’t need it because he put out so much damage so quickly. But there are bottom of the barrel bots in this game, where using them is a flat out bad choice. An unduped Grimlock, a Motormaster, a Ratchet, a Movie con. These are bad bots who play bad relative to everyone else. They should be updated. Not a bot who, regardless of signature or team composition or masteries, could tear through nearly all of his opponents with just his basic kit. Buff that guy later. He doesn’t really need it.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited August 2019
    that1guy wrote: »

Who outclasses Ironhide in the Demos other than Megatronus?? From what I observed (since January 2018), Ironhide was easily the most preferred Demo in the pre-Megatronus days. Yeah, his utility is somewhat limited (that's the case for all Demos except Megatronus) but he does have an almost guaranteed Stun with his SP1 which makes it very easy to get in a combo or heavy.