Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

At last, I have obtained and fully ranked up my Warrior slayer!

OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
edited August 2019 in General Discussion
oc4s8a8isjp9.png

This is where the fun begins!

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

I’m happy for you bud. That said, the age of 4* bots is over. I wouldn’t sink any resources into him (unless you can Max Forge which has its own downside given the forging bug). Instead, save what you got for when you land a 5* MV1.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

I’m happy for you bud. That said, the age of 4* bots is over. I wouldn’t sink any resources into him (unless you can Max Forge which has its own downside given the forging bug). Instead, save what you got for when you land a 5* MV1.

Will do then, I'll save up some brawler sparks for a 5 star mv1, but there are some 4 stars that must go to r5, examples are Megatronus and G1 megs. Both are duped
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    edited August 2019
    Tantrum is better 😉
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

Will do then, I'll save up some brawler sparks for a 5 star mv1, but there are some 4 stars that must go to r5, examples are Megatronus and G1 megs. Both are duped

Def agree with you on Tronus (I have a 4*/MF/Sig90 that I will keep for the foreseeable future). OGM is in the basic 5* pool so I don’t consider the 4* a must keep.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Now you need to dupe him
  • Kitten wrote: »
    Tantrum is better 😉

Ye be walking the plank, or its off to the gulag with you. Chose wisely. Heh
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Now you need to dupe him

Doing 16 objectives are quite easy.
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

Def agree with you on Tronus (I have a 4*/MF/Sig90 that I will keep for the foreseeable future). OGM is in the basic 5* pool so I don’t consider the 4* a must keep.

Though true, i won't forge megatronus, or Og prime. Both max forge too. Ogp is also at sig 30. Though 4 stars may be obsolete for you, i find them useful. And because i ranked up my mv1, i will try master mode again.
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

I'd like to humbly disagree with you. 5*s may be more powerful on the basis of sheer strength, but it's easier to take up a 4*'s Signature to higher levels than it is for a 5*. And the Sig is where a Bot's true potential lies at.
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

I'd like to humbly disagree with you. 5*s may be more powerful on the basis of sheer strength, but it's easier to take up a 4*'s Signature to higher levels than it is for a 5*. And the Sig is where a Bot's true potential lies at.

I should clarify. My comment was meant to underscore the importance of keeping pace with the game. I agree with your point about Sig and unlocking a bot’s potential (and how that can ultimately allow you to complete just about every aspect of this game). With enough skill, you can complete RoK with 4* bots. You can compete in AM at D90+ or even RotK. That is a potential path for sure, albeit a much harder one than jumping on board the 5* train (especially if you are a F2P). It’s a long road to upgrading 5* bots; even more so when compared to 4* ones as you’ve mentioned. Which in my opinion validates my point to start sooner rather than later. I guess it all depends on what your goals are. I’m just seeing a lot of players who held on to the hope of using 4* bots for AM now unable to keep up as the ceiling for D lvl keeps rising.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

@Primerprime5 oh so true.
    Though I'm in the midst of ranking up several 5*; my 4* 5075pi, sig 100 forge 100 Galvatron can still hold his own against a 11K 5* G1 Prime.

I will shed tears when time comes to forge him. The things he's done for me!

"Luckily" i don't have a 5* variant
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

Though I'm in the midst of ranking up several 5*; my 4* 5075pi, sig 100 forge 100 Galvatron can still hold his own against a 11K 5* G1 Prime.

Now, i should have edited the title with something like "Now i got this, what's my next move, but i have some thoughts.
    Hm. I would think that people with that amount of 5 stars ranked up, they must've spend real money on the game. I like to think that i made good progress in the game and not spending money on it at all. Is it even possible for people like me to get those 5 stars and rank em' up? So, what shall my focus be on now? (Obviously saving up for 5 star mv1, but it takes months for me to get a 5 star at times.)
  • Well done! I've yet to max out any of mine, lol.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

Now, i should have edited the title with something like "Now i got this, what's my next move, but i have some thoughts.
    Hm. I would think that people with that amount of 5 stars ranked up, they must've spend real money on the game. I like to think that i made good progress in the game and not spending money on it at all. Is it even possible for people like me to get those 5 stars and rank em' up? So, what shall my focus be on now? (Obviously saving up for 5 star mv1, but it takes months for me to get a 5 star at times.)

I feel ya on this but the tides are turning (even for F2P). 5* shards are available in many places and the pace to obtain them is picking up dramatically. Just saying.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

Sig will only take you so far.

kqhez7mbub4n.jpg

I'd take this over a sig 100 4 star any day, esp with MV1 as higher levels only increase the melee damage for those few seconds.
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

kqhez7mbub4n.jpg

I'd take this over a sig 100 4 star any day, esp with MV1 as higher levels only increase the melee damage for those few seconds.

Well that’s not a fair comparison. Maybe a R3/5*/100/Sig 5 is a better comp to a R5/4*/100/Sig 100 MV1.

While we are sharing our MV1’s, here is mine. :)

ninizqdrc80j.jpeg
    SkBirdman wrote: »
    oc4s8a8isjp9.png

kqhez7mbub4n.jpg

Well that’s not a fair comparison. Maybe a R3/5*/100/Sig 5 is a better comp to a R5/4*/100/Sig 100 MV1.

While we are sharing our MV1’s, here is mine. :)

ninizqdrc80j.jpeg

Well isn't that a way to rub some salt in my wound? Ffs. Cool mv1s though. They must deal a truck load of damage.
  • PeasPeas Posts: 74
    Truck load, I like what you did there.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah I'm currently fighting the urge to forge my 5/50 Prowl into my 4/40 4* Prowl, but at his current sig level vs the unduped 5*, the 4* is leaps and bounds better. His health bar and attack are of course lower, but when the sig kicks in his damage skyrockets and surpasses the 5*.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @OptimalOptimus_MV1 the Ore-13 and new away missions have helped tremendously so.

I've earned every bot i own, be it via arena, Spotlight, etc. rewards.
    I've been f2f'ng since April 2018, and roster pales against some 6 month old accounts, but everything was WON.

The heartbreak of multiple 5* dupes (considering i only had 6!) and being unable to progress/keep up with AMs, other players...
    The new Away Missions really really help with resources.

MV1, G1 Prime, G1 Meg, MM, Tantrum, Tronus, WJ, Galvatron, Rhinox, Ironhide, Grimlock, Bonecrusher, Prowl, Shockwave are KEEPERS till you actually get to R4 duped 5*s (but yes, the 4* need to be awakened).

I don't get this "race to max out 5*" that a lot go on about. For future purposes, definitely, but you need some decent firepower NOW. Don't count your chickens just yet.

There are PLENTY aspects to F2F that 4* max forge high sig can still handle, including MASTER and RoK.

Harder, yes, but totally doable.

Dunno your squad, but do invest into some 4* killers till you dupe/get your preferred 5*s.
    The 4* max'd will do AMs up to 3.35-3.45 quite well, and as mentioned even RoK.

And make sure it's a balance.
    Otherwise you'll be in limbo just waiting.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Warrior what? Hmmm
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    24xy7n9ib0or.png
    wxf3w69h32ol.png
    Need I say any more?
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Mad respect, @Tyberious
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    @OptimalOptimus_MV1 the Ore-13 and new away missions have helped tremendously so.

I've earned every bot i own, be it via arena, Spotlight, etc. rewards.
    I've been f2f'ng since April 2018, and roster pales against some 6 month old accounts, but everything was WON.

The heartbreak of multiple 5* dupes (considering i only had 6!) and being unable to progress/keep up with AMs, other players...
    The new Away Missions really really help with resources.

MV1, G1 Prime, G1 Meg, MM, Tantrum, Tronus, WJ, Galvatron, Rhinox, Ironhide, Grimlock, Bonecrusher, Prowl, Shockwave are KEEPERS till you actually get to R4 duped 5*s (but yes, the 4* need to be awakened).

I don't get this "race to max out 5*" that a lot go on about. For future purposes, definitely, but you need some decent firepower NOW. Don't count your chickens just yet.

There are PLENTY aspects to F2F that 4* max forge high sig can still handle, including MASTER and RoK.

Harder, yes, but totally doable.

Dunno your squad, but do invest into some 4* killers till you dupe/get your preferred 5*s.
    The 4* max'd will do AMs up to 3.35-3.45 quite well, and as mentioned even RoK.

And make sure it's a balance.
    Otherwise you'll be in limbo just waiting.

Hm. So now that the method to get energon/gold crystals are gone from AW, what should i do to gain more energon? Save em up? Cause i need to improve to get those tier 3 away mission crystals and such.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    How to gain energon:
    - explore all spotlight missions, yes even easy
    - Run arena and get the milestones

How to save energon:
    - don’t buy bot crystals, complete waste of energon
    - Run daily missions to get repair kits for master spotlight run
    - Use boosts and relics for the hard paths
  • Faithz17 wrote: »
    How to gain energon:

How to save energon:

I refuse to do the stupid arena.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited August 2019
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    How to gain energon:

How to save energon:

I refuse to do the stupid arena.

Yeah, arena is an annoying grind. However, if you recall, Kabam stated that they're trying to separate each play mode in the game a bit more, so that we will go to certain areas for certain resources. Right now, in addition to spotlights, arena is where we go for arena crystals, t3a and t4b. And so I play those arenas. Fun? No, but I can easily hit all the milestones on autofight with minimal babysitting.