Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

What bot gives you the hardest time?

Over the years here I've noticed many players have that ONE bot that they run up against that really pushes back...for some it's Motormaster while others breeze through him, some say Primal, ...for me it's a strong range game, namely (for some reason) the Tech Shark. I've seen many just squash him. When I run up against him I always take a breath and concentrate.
Who's the bane of your existence and how have you learned to get past him/her?
Personally I've learned to manage the shark by practicing the early sidestep and rich him on his 3rd shot. After I got that down a bit I felt like my skill level increased with everyone else...
Thoughts?

Comments

• Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Cyclonus in AM.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Cyclonus in AM.

Yeah he can be tricky. Quite the tank in AM
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited August 2019
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Over the years here I've noticed many players have that ONE bot that they run up against that really pushes back...for some it's Motormaster while others breeze through him, some say Primal, ...for me it's a strong range game, namely (for some reason) the Tech Shark. I've seen many just squash him. When I run up against him I always take a breath and concentrate.
    Who's the bane of your existence and how have you learned to get past him/her?
    Personally I've learned to manage the shark by practicing the early sidestep and rich him on his 3rd shot. After I got that down a bit I felt like my skill level increased with everyone else...
    Thoughts?

Without a doubt Motormaster. My whole problem is that while I might perfect the first 50 hits, it's the last part that always gets me. Especially those long fights. But Motormaster only hits harder as you get him down, and then, he knocks me out. Fast and hard. It's sad sometimes to be honest. Especially AM. THAT MM can go die quickly. I actually take the whole other side JUST so I don't have to face him. smh. I'm not even going to lie, if I don't take him G1 Megs (The Best Bot in the game, imo), I'm going to lose a lot of health. The sharks are just bothersome, because they're just mixes of multiple bots, so yeah.
  • Cyclonus in AM.
    Never went that side. What's he like?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Cyclonus in AM.

He's quick and that dark pulse sneaks up fast. Very intuitive AI. Anytime I fight him it's either a REALLY good fight or he just steamrolls me...no in between.
  • Ultra magnus and any scout who evades alot
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    Cyclonus in AM.

He's quick and that dark pulse sneaks up fast. Very intuitive AI. Anytime I fight him it's either a REALLY good fight or he just steamrolls me...no in between.
    Interesting... I don't like fighting Cyclonus because that dark burn goes through the Nano-Shield. My AM team. is made for 3.1 - WJ, Kickback, and Bludgeon (Well, if WJ dies I stop at Galvatron. Physical Resistance is an a** when all your attacks are physical except for 1 part of a special)
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Bonecrusher. He has 5 hard counters last I checked, but they’re all in the same class. Outside of select Brawlers, he’s a direct threat to everyone in this game. Especially on Harm Accelerator.

Megatronus, because of one thing. His AI. It is more devious than anyone else. I will constantly face a Megatronus who will dodge and avoid all my attacks, and wait to generate three bars of power, keeping me down with his Relic Of Obedience crap so my counters don’t work, and then using a special three. Robot Resource makes him even worse. He’s honestly ahead of Bonecrusher as the worst one to go against. Bonecrusher may be dangerous, but at least it’s almost impossible for him to win against all his hard counters. Megatronus can completely wreck anyone if you’re just unlucky enough.

Motormaster is normally a breeze. He hits hard but he can’t take much damage. His health is very average, he has no defensive abilities, and his AI tends to dash in, making for lots of easy sidestep combos.

Cyclonus is a pain, but he isn’t that bad. He just requires good timing and knowledge of how much power your hits are giving him. And ranged attacks always let you set off his dark field without endangering yourself. The only thing that would make him a real terror is giving him the Absorb Ranged mod, which I’d say is hands down the worst mod in the game.
  • Anyone who evades. They drive me nuts.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    In arena, only Bonecrusher can occasionally gives a hard time. In raid, a heavy-dodging Robotronus.
    More often, it's the mod combination that kills. So we all know OG Megs, Galvatron and Cyclonus for example.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Scorponok, Bonecrusher (no anti bleed), Sideswipe, Mirage, Motormaster, Waspinator, Kickbacm, Arcee, Ultra Magnus, Megatronus, Movie Megatron, Scout Bee, Movie Bee. In that order
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited August 2019
    Cyclonus in AM.

What I hate about his AI the most is right when his Dark Field is about to activate, he tries his sole best just to get close to you, just so you can get caught up in that Dark Pulse. It's infuriating! And I also hate that Power Node, where he gets a massive amount of power after a few hits; it just limits the amount of attacks that you can do against him, especially if you fight him with a bot that causes multiple hits in specials.

But if I'm going to be honest, the bot I hate so much in AM is Megatron. I don't know why everyone else, Galvatron, Shockwave, Cyclonus, just seem so easy compared to him. It's odd because I'm usually good at the absorb Ranged path, but with Megatron's resistance buffs it's increasingly difficult not to give into that temptation to shoot his bucket head or he'll absorb the ranged. And the increased Melee makes strikes a bit more punishable.

AM Bots aside, I do have some trouble against Bonecrusher whenever I don't have a Brawler. And while I usually dance around Ironhide, there are many moments in which he's one shotted me.
  • ALL of them
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited August 2019
    R5 5* Barricade on 4* Nightbird. Unless I'm using Tronus (zzz...) or Galvatron.

Galvatron in AM 3. What a douche. Too bad i don't bring power control geezers.

Tronus AM3 if he's feeling particularly LIFE-STEALish (1-hit Kill is not fun)

Everyone else is my wifey.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Cyclonus.

• SteffSteff Posts: 71
    Galvatron AM 😡😡😡😡😡
    Cyclonus in AM.

The fact that he can activate his dark pulse by comboing against your block is total BS. I agree that when he's close to filling a bar he gets real squirrelly and becomes an expert marksman.
  • Cy-FREAKING-clonus! I can never get a "Perfect" victory against him, and I'm forced to ditch my standard playstyle (long-drawn Melee battles) as his Dark Pulse can cause some serious damage in the long run. He's almost purely Ranged upto a few hits from activating the Pulse, then immediately switches to Melee before you can react. I don't know who coded his AI, but hats off to them, they did a fantastic job. And don't even get me started on baiting out his Specials, it takes a little Sidestepping and a lot of luck(I hope you get the reference) to bring out even a damned Sp1.

TL;DR: I hate Cyclonus.
  • Master cyclonus in this spotlight was a pain - I have a 4/40 5* f100 galvatron and still couldn’t quite finish him off - dark field at high sig is a killer , especially when he wont be baited into sp 1 or 2 , hits with SP3 then starts running after you while his field is pulsing.
    I think Jazz would have seen him off , but I’m don’t have a 5* jazz :(

Also hate fighting shockwave in AM as I don’t have a good enough scout and he whips out sp1 and hammers me every time because I’m impatient and run into it.

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Sideswipe
    Blaster
    UM
    Hound (weird I know)
    Cyclonus
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Robotronus in Raids. Regular matchups include Sideswipe, Barricade, Ultra Magnus, and Cyclonus (although I am getting better against Cyclonus). Ironhide is a pain if I am not dodging properly. AMs? Cyclonus, obviously. If I don't have a Brawler in Arenas and Bonecrusher shows up, problem. That's about it.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Cyclonus in AM.

The fact that he can activate his dark pulse by comboing against your block is total BS. I agree that when he's close to filling a bar he gets real squirrelly and becomes an expert marksman.

Do we gain any energy when our attack is blocked?
    Cyclonus in AM.

Do we gain any energy when our attack is blocked?

Not much, if any. The issue here is not him gaining energy, but rather his dark energy pulsing when he completes a combo. Similar to cheetor gaining energy by completing a combo. if Cyclonus was legitmately making contact that's one thing. The fact that he's comboing against a block and still getting credit for it is what's garbagetron.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206
    Literally only g1 bee and cheetor. So relentless...
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    AM map 3 demo megatron. Even on difficulty level 3, he’s still a pain to fight, even if you have the advantage.
  • DrkPrinzDrkPrinz Posts: 37
    Tact Bumblebee. . . .Once he gets into his rhythm it's very hard to knock him down. I have got perfect fights with him but those are the fights when every heavy range seems to hit him but on a rough day with a high enough difficulty Bee is the most agile bot I know and has taken out my OP very easily and even half my IH one day.
  • There’s a spot in my personal hell reserved for mixmaster. I despise facing his sp2. Rok probably plays into that though with him being up first
  • serdoodserdood Posts: 115
    G1 bee and to some extent tact Bee. Can't stand both evades and g1 bee hits hard.
  • I take my answer back. Old AM cheetor. The evade followed immediately by special. Nightmare that was
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    serdood wrote: »
    G1 bee and to some extent tact Bee. Can't stand both evades and g1 bee hits hard.

No other bot has a single “foot” that hits as hard. Catch that heel of his to the face and ouch.