Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Why i cannot use tactician Megatron well?

Hi my friends,

I have difficulty in using tact. Megatron.
I generally take less hits when using prowl starscream mv1 tronus. If i hit an enemy 100 times i generally take 5 hits. But if i use tactician Megatron, i generally take 10 hits. I don't understand the reason why it is like that. I am trying Megatron r3 everywhere nowadays. Master specials, alliance missions etc.

Is there anyone like me?

I am listening your advice.

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    omernuz wrote: »
    Hi my friends,

I have difficulty in using tact. Megatron.
    I generally take less hits when using prowl starscream mv1 tronus. If i hit an enemy 100 times i generally take 5 hits. But if i use tactician Megatron, i generally take 10 hits. I don't understand the reason why it is like that. I am trying Megatron r3 everywhere nowadays. Master specials, alliance missions etc.

Is there anyone like me?

I am listening your advice.

Make some videos vs RoK MixMaster and post here.
  • What kind of hits you usually take? What setup your enemy likes to bait you in?
  • I’m only speculating, but are you maybe being too eager to fuse those debuffs? That threw me off when he first came out.

Throw a video or 2 up of longer fights and we’ll be able to analyse and help better
  • Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone gotten this to work?
    tn7vo1zco53i.jpeg
  • LouCypher wrote: »
    Not to hijack this thread, but has anyone gotten this to work?
    tn7vo1zco53i.jpeg

Works consistently for me
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Video links not working.
  • My thought is Megatron respond slower than some bots. If I press block or dodge with the bots like Prowl/ Bees/ OGPrime, I can do successfully which is not in the case of Megatron or Mirage or Magnus( 3M :D ). This is from my experience.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited September 2019
    @omernuz I watched your videos, and I think it has to do with the fact that:
    1) Megatron is at 4k rating, 1 Synergy boost.
    2) Prowl is at 12k rating, 5 Synergy boosts.

One cannot judge from your videos as the situation is highly unbalanced. Obviously, you're going to get better performance from your Prowl because it's at a higher rating and with more Synergies. Give us a video with a 4k 5*, then we'll see.
  • @omernuz I watched your videos, and I think it has to do with the fact that:

One cannot judge from your videos as the situation is highly unbalanced. Obviously, you're going to get better performance from your Prowl because it's at a higher rating and with more Synergies. Give us a video with a 4k 5*, then we'll see.

Thanks for reply my friend. I don't want to upgrade my Megatron since i am playing lower level alliance mission difficulties noe and want to try him, otherwise fights will be short.

I don't want to put starscream to the Megatron team since his synergy makes his fusing much easy.

Prowl video is older than the Megatron's my friend.

You should look my movements with prowl and Megatron my friend don't look at the result or damages.

Do you see any difference with my movements? Or Megatron behaves differently in some cases?
  • Mirage wrote: »
    My thought is Megatron respond slower than some bots. If I press block or dodge with the bots like Prowl/ Bees/ OGPrime, I can do successfully which is not in the case of Megatron or Mirage or Magnus( 3M :D ). This is from my experience.

I think also like you my friend but i have to play much better his properties are so good.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Video links not working.

Can you see now my friend since some other friends have watched the videos?
  • omernuz wrote: »
    @omernuz I watched your videos, and I think it has to do with the fact that:

Thanks for reply my friend. I don't want to upgrade my Megatron since i am playing lower level alliance mission difficulties noe and want to try him, otherwise fights will be short.

I don't want to put starscream to the Megatron team since his synergy makes his fusing much easy.

Prowl video is older than the Megatron's my friend.

You should look my movements with prowl and Megatron my friend don't look at the result or damages.

Do you see any difference with my movements? Or Megatron behaves differently in some cases?

I'm just speculating, but your playstyle is more of an aggressive one, with frequent Special Attacks. As such, Prowl is more suited to your style. With Megatron, you need some patience. He starts off slow, but becomes terrifying when he picks up speed. And like someone previously mentioned, Megatron responds slower than Prowl, so that also adds to a lack of mobility.

Bottom line- Megatron isn't suited to your playstyle, you should stick to faster Bots with higher Power Rates, like Prowl, Cheetor, Soundwave.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    LouCypher wrote: »
    tn7vo1zco53i.jpeg

Works perfectly fine for me. Always has.

• SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    Yeah I never had a problem with it either. You're sure your ending your combos with a swipe to the right?
  • Soni_RuzzeneSoni_Ruzzene Posts: 7
    edited September 2019
    tn7vo1zco53i.jpeg

Works consistently for me

For me too, even after fused it stacks, if you have a power control synergy.
    lol I had forgotten that part.
  • Maybe I’m glitched.. and yeah I often use swipe tap tap tap swipe.. still end up with debuffs running out on the original timer
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Yeah I never had a problem with it either. You're sure your ending your combos with a swipe to the right?

• https://photos.app.goo.gl/qrBqUx6xpAwxVRf6A

So here MixM gets an armor Debuff... I go through 2 combos and it doesn’t refresh.
  • LouCypher wrote: »
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/qrBqUx6xpAwxVRf6A

So here MixM gets an armor Debuff... I go through 2 combos and it doesn’t refresh.

The last hit has to be a Medium Attack, not a Light Attack.
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    edited September 2019
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/qrBqUx6xpAwxVRf6A

The last hit has to be a Medium Attack, not a Light Attack.

Those both started and ended with mediums (swipes)

Maybe I’m overtapping my combos... will have to test further.

• So yeah apparently I’ve been screwing up my combos for oh.. 2 years? LOL! If it weren’t for that Megs ability I’d probably have never noticed. This will require some playstyle reprogramming *sigh*
  • So any combo ending with a medium swipe to the right?
    MLLLM
    MLM
    Which is the best?
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »
    So any combo ending with a medium swipe to the right?
    MLLLM
    MLM
    Which is the best?

MLLLM
  • One thing that I always have to remember when using ogmt is that I sometimes try to rush a fuse. Now that has potential to get me in a bit of trouble I normally wouldn’t be in. Patience with megatron as a couple mentioned is certainly the key to him. You don’t always need to fuse a buff if you don’t have the proper opening to do so.
  • Canuck33 wrote: »
    One thing that I always have to remember when using ogmt is that I sometimes try to rush a fuse. Now that has potential to get me in a bit of trouble I normally wouldn’t be in. Patience with megatron as a couple mentioned is certainly the key to him. You don’t always need to fuse a buff if you don’t have the proper opening to do so.

Truth has been spoken
  • Synergy with Starscream stuns the enemy after a special allowing you to fuse easily
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »
    So any combo ending with a medium swipe to the right?
    MLLLM
    MLM
    Which is the best?

If youre running out of time, just MM will do.
  • What's your tactics my friends when using Megatron? Using sp1 to fuse the debuff shorter or waiting sp2 to decrease the attack rating shorter?
  • I will use sp1 first in almost every circumstance as I don't plan on getting hit. Once the armor break is fused it would depend on the fight, if its a long fight i'd try and lock in some shock damage next. then at last decrease the attack damage, but rarely would you even have time for that in any regular circumstance.

If the fight is a normal shorter fight, fuse that sp1 and repeat the sp1. they die pretty quick