Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Golden deal, does it worth 500,900 energons?

I've been piling up energon (currently at somewhere around 2,000).

Spent bit for mission energy refill bundle days ago, still wondering where to spend the rest...

When I need mastery to unlock, I buy mastery core, but else than that, it's quiet.

Now, is this 'golden deal' worth 500 energon for 500K gold and 10 gold ticket?

Next one costs 900 energon for 1mil gold and 20 gold tickets...

Is it worth 1,400 energons? I'm not sure if it's must-buy or waste or somewhere in the middle...

Comments

• Yes it is worth it
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Not for me
  • Dunno but probably it isn't worth it for oldbie since everything costs too much and maybe worth it for newbies and middle classes...?

I'm at level 38, no 5-star, about 8 4-star bots.

100k gold for me it's pretty big amount so maybe it's worth it for me?
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    It is very hard to earn energon now as arena crystals are no longer in mission. 500 energon for 500k gold is not worthy as we can easily get gold from away mission.
  • DonApis wrote: »
    It is very hard to earn energon now as arena crystals are no longer in mission. 500 energon for 500k gold is not worthy as we can easily get gold from away mission.

Agreed. I used to buy this deal, but the change to Away Missions, removing arena crystals as a source of Energon, and adding more gold and ore, altered the calculus.

Unless you're badly in need of gold and have a lot of surplus Energon, I'd suggest gaining gold another way.
  • Get gold from away mission crystals. Use energon to refresh away missions to get crystals or 5* shards. You can easily get hundreds of thousands in gold in a short amount of time.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    It used to be an extremely valuable purchase (both the 500 and 900 pkgs). As others have mentioned though, the ability to obtain Gold has increased tremendously recently. I would say purchase it if it means you’ll be able to upgrade a bot in such a manner that is game changing. For example, once I took my 5* MV1 to R4 many months ago, I was able to fully explore Master Spotlight without using Energon to heal/revive. That saved me thousands in energon in the long run. Also keep in mind that the amount of Gold needed to upgrade with these 5* bots is high. 300k combined to level up through R2 and then rank up to R3. Add in another 340k in Gold to then Level Up through R3.
  • This deal used to be a no-brainer for me. With the change in away missions though, I now can gain the same amount of gold from both tiers of this deal by simply making sure to complete all my away missions for half a week. And no, I don't use energon to refresh.
  • So it is worth it when I'm badly in need of gold?

Then what's a good way to spend energon?

My only continuous expense is 30min/2hour exp boost, when I have fully loaded mission energy.

Any suggestions?

Like above, Refreshing away mission maybe?
  • Or battery when the next energy costing map (fog war 2?) appears.
  • Or when and if the next t4b or t3a energon deal appears...
  • Just spent 1.6 million of gold taking 5* Shockwave to rank 5.
    Gold deal always worth it, especially when you have 4x gold generating relics! 1 million becomes 1.4, cha-ching
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Down_Under wrote: »
    Just spent 1.6 million of gold taking 5* Shockwave to rank 5.
    Gold deal always worth it, especially when you have 4x gold generating relics! 1 million becomes 1.4, cha-ching

Congrats bud! You know I love me some Shocky.
  • If I had 500,900 energon, I would blow it all on Megatronus crystals.
  • Beastdad wrote: »
    If I had 500,900 energon, I would blow it all on Megatronus crystals.

And you'd end up with exactly 0 Megatronus's.

That would be buttwrenching. Think of how sweaty you'd get as you round the 1600th crystal, with only 69 crystals left to pop.