Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

AM difficulty ranking

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
My rating might be biased since I don’t do all of the on a daily basis

Assumption is u are given any of the following bot: tronus, prowl, megatron, drift, shockwave, IH, Optimus prime, wheeljack, (purification is not allowed, and u can’t ever eat any damage)

Room 1
Megatron
Bee
Grimlock
Monkey
Cheetor
Bull
Ultramagnus
Prowl
Bludgeon
Windblade

Room 2
Jetfire
Arcee
Wasp
Blaster
Hound
Mirage
Starscream
Hot rod
Shockwave
Ironhide

Room 3
Galvatron
Cyclonus
Rhinox
Megatronus
Bumblebee
Dinobot
Mixmaster
Megatron
Kickback
Scorponok
Soundwave
Whealjack

Comments

• 小龙女 wrote: »

Assumption is u are given any of the following bot: tronus, prowl, megatron, drift, shockwave, IH, Optimus prime, wheeljack, (purification is not allowed, and u can’t ever eat any damage)

Room 1
    Megatron
    Bee
    Grimlock
    Monkey
    Cheetor
    Bull
    Ultramagnus
    Prowl
    Bludgeon
    Windblade

Room 2
    Jetfire
    Arcee
    Wasp
    Blaster
    Hound
    Mirage
    Starscream
    Hot rod
    Shockwave
    Ironhide

Room 3
    Galvatron
    Cyclonus
    Rhinox
    Megatronus
    Bumblebee
    Dinobot
    Mixmaster
    Megatron
    Kickback
    Scorponok
    Soundwave
    Whealjack

Seeing Grimlock that high up made me stop reading. Grimlock is one of the easiest fights.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    小龙女 wrote: »

Room 1
    Megatron
    Bee
    Grimlock
    Monkey
    Cheetor
    Bull
    Ultramagnus
    Prowl
    Bludgeon
    Windblade

Room 2
    Jetfire
    Arcee
    Wasp
    Blaster
    Hound
    Mirage
    Starscream
    Hot rod
    Shockwave
    Ironhide

Room 3
    Galvatron
    Cyclonus
    Rhinox
    Megatronus
    Bumblebee
    Dinobot
    Mixmaster
    Megatron
    Kickback
    Scorponok
    Soundwave
    Whealjack

Seeing Grimlock that high up made me stop reading. Grimlock is one of the easiest fights.

Let’s see some video. I would say Grim is middle of the pack and his reflect mod is a pain for many players.
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited September 2019
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Room 1
    Megatron
    Bee
    Grimlock
    Monkey
    Cheetor
    Bull
    Ultramagnus
    Prowl
    Bludgeon
    Windblade

Room 2
    Jetfire
    Arcee
    Wasp
    Blaster
    Hound
    Mirage
    Starscream
    Hot rod
    Shockwave
    Ironhide

Room 3
    Galvatron
    Cyclonus
    Rhinox
    Megatronus
    Bumblebee
    Dinobot
    Mixmaster
    Megatron
    Kickback
    Scorponok
    Soundwave
    Whealjack

Let’s see some video. I would say Grim is middle of the pack and his reflect mod is a pain for many players.
    I'll get one next AM. I use WJ against him, and try to get power upgrades so I can easily get HP back if I take a burn. But imho, I feel primal is harder.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

Room 1
    Megatron
    Bee
    Grimlock
    Monkey
    Cheetor
    Bull
    Ultramagnus
    Prowl
    Bludgeon
    Windblade

Room 2
    Jetfire
    Arcee
    Wasp
    Blaster
    Hound
    Mirage
    Starscream
    Hot rod
    Shockwave
    Ironhide

Room 3
    Galvatron
    Cyclonus
    Rhinox
    Megatronus
    Bumblebee
    Dinobot
    Mixmaster
    Megatron
    Kickback
    Scorponok
    Soundwave
    Whealjack

Agreed I hate fighting him. Hes hard to pin down.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Forgot about Motor in section 1. Bludgeon could one shot you any time so might move him up. I'm sure the list is different for everyone as it depends what lanes you've had the most practice with.

Forgot about Rat. I would move JF into the middle of your list. He's not that hard since his mods are the easiest in section 2.

Section 3 seems pretty close except for Rhinox can be moved way down. If you have the right counter (a bot that doesn't cause shock) then he's a very simple fight.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited September 2019
    JKL wrote: »
    Forgot about Motor in section 1. Bludgeon could one shot you any time so might move him up. I'm sure the list is different for everyone as it depends what lanes you've had the most practice with.

Forgot about Rat. I would move JF into the middle of your list. He's not that hard since his mods are the easiest in section 2.

Section 3 seems pretty close except for Rhinox can be moved way down. If you have the right counter (a bot that doesn't cause shock) then he's a very simple fight.

Motor is same lvl as bludgeon, a bit harder maybe.

Ratchet is easiest.

I put jetfire there because he is pretty hard if you revived at minimum hp. If you don’t have strong energy damage u might end up with a jetfire more hp than before the fight.

Grimlock is hard due to his sp2. It’s range is insane togethered with his aggressiveness and sometimes unwillingness to launch sp2 or sp1. His attack speed and range is also very high

Monkey is probably as hard as grim. I don’t have much exp. but he is pretty hard too
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    In room 3 , why is rhinox on 3rd? Lmao
    He's so easy i use wasp against him
    edited September 2019
    Slayer wrote: »
    In room 3 , why is rhinox on 3rd? Lmao
    He's so easy i use wasp against him

Cuz most people don’t use wasp, IH or mirage. Tronus is always better choice. Unless u range hit whole fight, even light attack with pillow fisted shockwave will trigger his shock easily
  • the 15% evade lines are easily among the worst route to fight
    The evade = plus power is deadly to any melee bots because if they evade your melee heavy and gained a bar, they can follow up with a sp1 which you can’t escape at all
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Warblah wrote: »
    the 15% evade lines are easily among the worst route to fight
    The evade = plus power is deadly to any melee bots because if they evade your melee heavy and gained a bar, they can follow up with a sp1 which you can’t escape at all

This is true.
  • Warblah wrote: »

Good call, I never fought that line. Maybe good idea to bring drift, but my group mate don’t. That is hard

Good call, I never fought that line. Maybe good idea to bring drift, but my group mate don’t. That is hard

Any ranged heavy bots are good against this lane.
  • Couple questions:
    Room 1
    1. How do you deal with Magnus and Tantrum so easily. Since they are so low.
    2. Is Grimlock only hard because of ranged reflect? If so, that's why I'd rank him so low, since I use Wheeljack.
    3. Megatron is easily harder than Tronus for me.
    Room 2
    1. Why is Jetfire so high? He's bothersome, not hard.
    2. Wasp. What does he do again. I've never fought him.
    Room 3
    1. Kind of funny how 3.1 and 3.2 have the easiest bots, only to lead to the hardest AM fight in Room 3. I use WJ, SP2 works wonders.
    2. Rhinox doesn't SEEM too hard. Never fought him either. So, explanations are always enlightening.

My paths if y'all wanted to know

1.3 and cheetor. I really don't like taking Megs, but sometimes I have to. Then, I take 2.3, IH, and Shockwave. Then 3.1 up to Galvatron, and possibly Tronus. And that's on a good day. Really, all that's ever guaranteed from me is Room 1, Shockwave, and 3.1 to Galvatron.

Team: Bludgeon, Kickback, Wheeljack.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2019
    Couple questions:
    Room 1
    2. Is Grimlock only hard because of ranged reflect? If so, that's why I'd rank him so low, since I use Wheeljack.
    Room 2
    Room 3
    1. Kind of funny how 3.1 and 3.2 have the easiest bots, only to lead to the hardest AM fight in Room 3. I use WJ, SP2 works wonders.
    2. Rhinox doesn't SEEM too hard. Never fought him either. So, explanations are always enlightening.

1.3 and cheetor. I really don't like taking Megs, but sometimes I have to. Then, I take 2.3, IH, and Shockwave. Then 3.1 up to Galvatron, and possibly Tronus. And that's on a good day. Really, all that's ever guaranteed from me is Room 1, Shockwave, and 3.1 to Galvatron.

I can tell you that JF is maddening at high AM difficulty levels.

What you experience at lower levels is not representative of the AI response as you move up.

I agree, lane 1.2 is one of the most difficult lanes in the game. Tantrum is fairly easy because he is predictable... But UM.... Ugh. Takes eons to KO him, and the best counters (Wasp, Galvatron, IH) are very difficult to use because you can't set up heavy attacks or combos with basic ranged. That leaves the best counter being Megatronus, if you like to dance around waiting for s3

I don't mind the heal from basic ranged, the problem is that the hit simply doesn't register.. it's like they have unstoppable vs basic ranged attacks
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Couple questions:
    Room 1
    Room 2
    Room 3

I can tell you that JF is maddening at high AM difficulty levels.

What you experience at lower levels is not representative of the AI response as you move up.

I agree, lane 1.2 is one of the most difficult lanes in the game. Tantrum is fairly easy because he is predictable... But UM.... Ugh. Takes eons to KO him, and the best counters (Wasp, Galvatron, IH) are very difficult to use because you can't set up heavy attacks or combos with basic ranged. That leaves the best counter being Megatronus, if you like to dance around waiting for s3

I don't mind the heal from basic ranged, the problem is that the hit simply doesn't register.. it's like they have unstoppable vs basic ranged attacks

That definitely makes sense. JF is already annoying with that stun, but at lower levels he doesn't really, make the most of that second. I can only imagine what he's do at D140. Wouldn't Megatron work against UM and Tantrum if he stole that buff? Then again, that just makes him a counter to everyone at that point.
    edited September 2019
    Ultramagnus, from what I experienced, u only use range heavy to break his blocking pattern. Sometimes he would keep blocking and walking towards u, so range heavy is used to upset him so he dash to you and u side step.

He is not aggressive, and his basic melee is slow and has low attack range. His special 1 and 2 has very small range so u can dodge easily if u pay attention.

I rank him low cuz as long as u have patience u can reliably beat him every time.

Not so with grimlock or monkey. Grimlock sp2 and sp1 range are big. He his very very fast and very aggressive. He is hard not because of his range reflect. I use megatron and I still die every time after stealing his range reflect. Why? Don’t tell me to block him. His sp2 will hit 70-80% of your rank 5 max forge bot even when u block it. There is no reliable way to deal with him as far as I know. Sometimes u will simply die

Monkey is hard due to his sp2. Sp2 range is big, if he decide to hold sp2, u are screwed. Maybe best way to fight him is to never let him reach sp2. But if u keep side stepping he goes unstoppable, it’s harder to run around. Also he is hard due to his crit armor. So it takes a lot of time to kill him
  • WarblahWarblah Posts: 39
    edited September 2019
    not sure which difficulty u r fighting but at difficulty 140 things are not that simple, UM take ages to take down and u surely can't just heavy anytime you want. The only time you are safe to heavy is to wait till he fire at least 2 basic range shot, side step and then you can do a heavy. That and you can also heavy when he's knocked down(i use medium attack to force sp instead) or during a combo which he's blocking. Any other time, u r risking getting hit by his range shot.
    I fought both him and megatron and megatron actually has a easier AI pattern than UM, the only thing makes megatron trickier is the unstoppable buff when he's knocked down, which means you have to be especially careful when trying to heavy him when he's down.(and obviously the medium attack is a big nono in this case)
    Now the biggest problem with this difficulty is AI all have exceptional health, and with bots like UM the fight become extreme tedious, the longer the fight drags on the easier it is for player to make a mistake and get screwed, and while UM doesn't hit as hard as megatron, two combo can still kill you, and his sp1 did 80% damage to me once. Yeah i can dodge like 10+ sp1 but he just need to hit me once.

Monkey's sp2 is very easy to dodge, even if you are backed to a wall you can time dodge it without any issues. The biggest problem at level 140 is he will eventually go to 10 stack of relentless which will trigger the unstoppable, and if you are not watching that counter, you will get screwed. When the buff goes to 7+ almost any combo or sp can kill you in one go. He and UM has the same "take forever to take down" issue
  • WarblahWarblah Posts: 39
    edited September 2019
    DonApis wrote: »

can't tell you how many times my range bot got cornered by Bee with the melee calibration buff + 1 bar of power and no matter what I was going to do I knew I'm getting screwed lol.
    edited September 2019
    @Warblah thanks man I know many sp can be dodged. I didn’t know u could dodge monkey sp2 against wall easily. Maybe I should try practice that.

Guess tronus is good against Magnus. It’s long fight so u can heal
    DonApis wrote: »

can't tell you how many times my range bot got cornered by Bee with the melee calibration buff + 1 bar of power and no matter what I was going to do I knew I'm getting screwed lol.

I mean, ranged bot is a better choice than melee bot if you don't bring along anti-evade bot.

Slippery little jet. Kabam has a different definition for 15%.

sgweri1zcl3m.gif
    edited September 2019

sgweri1zcl3m.gif

That is so real. Vs hound those evades keep coming as if the chance is 80%. So broke.

I am thinking it could be bug that if you continue to hit after first evade, the chance for next hit to be evade goes up significantly, similar to how barricade works ....

sgweri1zcl3m.gif

That is so real. Vs hound those evades keep coming as if the chance is 80%. So broke.

I am thinking it could be bug that if you continue to hit after first evade, the chance for next hit to be evade goes up significantly, similar to how barricade works ....

Those chance look like more than 150%.

sgweri1zcl3m.gif

Ha ha, it does seem that way. If you really think about it, I'm sure it's working fine. Let's say a typical fight (depending on level, bot and quite a few other factors) can be around 100 hits. Maybe 60+ of those hits are melee. That's averaging 9 evades in one fight. You'll definitely notice 9 evades and it will feel like a lot especially when it happens at very bad times.
  • If you pay close attention to his power bar, he only evades once at the beginning and another at the end. The rest are backsteps.
    If you pay close attention to his power bar, he only evades once at the beginning and another at the end. The rest are backsteps.

Yeah, I know. It was still kind of funny watching it happen.
  • It is really good and enjoyable to read experience of lvl140 players. Please continue to share your experience. It isn't important now that you all play 140 and the 5th-10th alliances are far from you. :)
  • And a question to all 140. Can you do this difficulty without 5 star megatronus? Is he really needed?
  • If you pay close attention to his power bar, he only evades once at the beginning and another at the end. The rest are backsteps.

For real man...how could this be possible
    omernuz wrote: »
    And a question to all 140. Can you do this difficulty without 5 star megatronus? Is he really needed?

Yes, you can do 140 without megatronus.