Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Items...

So this may have been talked about in the past but has the idea of adding items for use by the bots to the game? Like weapons you can mount onto your bot that helps boost one stat or another. Or maybe some sort of shielding that is a passive shielding upgrade or other items that do other things. You could have different items at different star ratings so as to make things more interesting and with multiple different items, it could really make fights more interesting cause every fight would be different depending on weapons add to the bot.
Thoughts and discussion are welcome!

Comments

• Base mods already do this. offence you have buffs, and forging, as well as the artifacts.

Are you talking about gimmicks like spark armor...... pretender shells, etc....

If they could incorporate some of that stuff like in the lore, then it could happen, not sure how much room in the code to open up items like that would be.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I love this idea but it would be really difficult to implement. To build on what @Johnimus already said, I would love to see the option to attach a mod (from the current mods available for base defense) to ANY in ANY game mode — AM included.

Some sick combos would be born with how creative this player base is.
  • Think of it like adding a headmaster to a bot or one of the weapon masters. Minicons?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    This has basically already been introduced with boosts and relics.

Just needs to be expanded on. Make class and skill specific ones, for example.
  • Call them artifacts, give them a crystal, and have them in 3 star to 5 star versions. Bots have their own certain artifact that you equip on them that will enhance them in some way, whether it’s related to an attribute or an ability or a synergy or their signature, and once you have an artifact, you can’t unlock it again, unless you specifically remove and sell it. Some ideas for artifacts

Optimus Prime’s Key To Vector Sigma (Increases his armor and attack by 10%)
    Jazz’s Sub Woofers (Confusion debuffs last 2 seconds longer)
    Ratchet’s Welding Torch (Ratchets energy attacks deal 20% more damage)
    Prowl’s Ununtrium Knuckles (Prowls physical attacks deal 15% more damage)
    Wheeljack’s Perpetual Motion Machine (Wheeljacks upgrades are constructed 1 second faster)
    Megatron’s First Edition Copy Of Towards Peace (Increases his armor and attack by 10%)
    Soundwave’s Empty Energon Cube(Soundwaves armor and attack is increased by 15% while generating power)
    Shockwave’s Map (Shockwave repairs 0.5% of his health for every energy charge he gains)
    Starscream’s Mirror (Starscreams buffs and debuffs last 50% longer)
    Ramjet’s Toaster (Heavy attacks against Burning opponents are guaranteed to grant two special damage buffs)

Let me know of any ideas you have
  • Those are some awesome ideas and what I was thinking about. You could even have multiple items. A weapon, a defensive, and a utility like the base mods but are mounted on the bots and can be used all the time, not just on base defense.
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    edited September 2019
    What about...individual masteries per bot? Masteries are kind-of-sort-of the portable mod that our bots carry around with them. But I'd LOVE to kit out certain bots differently than others. I'd even pay (reasonably) for the privilege.

Maybe the right implementation of this would not be to let players invest ALL mastery points individually for each bot. Maybe roughly 3/4 of your mastery points would still apply to all bots, and the remainder would be available, from a tab on each bot info screen, to allocate to that individual bot.

If this idea has any legs, it needs a bunch of refinement. But I'm excited about the basic concept.
  • What about...individual masteries per bot? Masteries are kind-of-sort-of the portable mod that our bots carry around with them. But I'd LOVE to kit out certain bots differently than others. I'd even pay (reasonably) for the privilege.

Maybe the right implementation of this would not be to let players invest ALL mastery points individually for each bot. Maybe roughly 3/4 of your mastery points would still apply to all bots, and the remainder would be available, from a tab on each bot info screen, to allocate to that individual bot.

If this idea has any legs, it needs a bunch of refinement. But I'm excited about the basic concept.

Or maybe add something to a bot that is for every so many fights a bot is used in, you get a bot specific mastery point. Say every 100 battles. This would make it some dedication needed to use the bot and time. This way, it's not about buying the mastery, it's about earning it.