Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

WTH is wrong with 3-4* arena?

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I should take this as a challenge? But I don't want to. How the hell am I expected to keep a streak in the arena if it stacks the odds against me? Sure when my team goes in at 2700 power my enemy team should be 3000 or so power. Normally equally distributed between the 3 bots. So why do I come up on teams with a bot at 150 and the rest at 1600 when my bots are all around 850?

That's that bs that pisses me off right there. There is no way way to win and is purposely stacked that way so you lose your streak. I'd understand if I was in streak 26 or something, but at streak 5??? That's preposterous! And conveniently none of my bots can get an advantage? C'mon now.
Tagged:

Comments

• Nick_80Nick_80 Posts: 225
    Well kabam could care less so you're wasting your time.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    Don't just pick an enemy squad based off the total team power. Look closely at the bot portrait and its power rating. That's the highest pi bot in the squad.

If that bot has disproportionate power compared to the total team power, don't choose it. You will face off against exactly the type of squad you are describing and get sandbagged.
  • Damn you manthro and all your helpful logic! But it's still a pretty ugly tactic that they are pulling none the less.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited August 2017
    Damn you manthro and all your helpful logic! But it's still a pretty ugly tactic that they are pulling none the less.

It's actually not a kabam tactic. You'll find the kabam "fake" AI squads (Megatron/Optimus) are generally difficult but well balanced. You will encounter AI squads way above your team rating if you don't create an arena team with enough collective power for your current win streak (these are often referred to as death squads). You can't avoid these if you make this mistake, and you'll just have to fight like hell to beat them.

The player designed squads are the ones with the unbalanced power.

If you see an real player name on a squad , that team was actually used in the arena for a win, so you just gotta look at them with a little more suspicion ;) some are balanced, some are not.

Players do this for two reasons:

1) they know the range of squad power needed for their current win streak to get easier matchups, and maintain their streak

2) They also know these squads will fool some players and result in broken win streaks, making it tougher for you to keep up in points rank because your multiplier will reset.

You can reverse sandbag by creating an arena team with the same philosophy, and just go for best 2/3 to maintain your streak, btw. You just need to meet the minimum total pi requirement to avoid those AI death squads.

It is a tactic used by players, not kabam ;)
  • juliusjulius Posts: 66
    Overall, it is still due to Kabam's setup. If Kabam did not set the threshold of streak at 15, things will be different.

Manthro wrote: »
    Damn you manthro and all your helpful logic! But it's still a pretty ugly tactic that they are pulling none the less.

It's actually not a kabam tactic. You'll find the kabam "fake" AI squads (Megatron/Optimus) are generally difficult but well balanced. You will encounter AI squads way above your team rating if you don't create an arena team with enough collective power for your current win streak (these are often referred to as death squads). You can't avoid these if you make this mistake, and you'll just have to fight like hell to beat them.

The player designed squads are the ones with the unbalanced power.

If you see an real player name on a squad , that team was actually used in the arena for a win, so you just gotta look at them with a little more suspicion ;) some are balanced, some are not.

Players do this for two reasons:

1) they know the range of squad power needed for their current win streak to get easier matchups, and maintain their streak

2) They also know these squads will fool some players and result in broken win streaks, making it tougher for you to keep up in points rank because your multiplier will reset.

You can reverse sandbag by creating an arena team with the same philosophy, and just go for best 2/3 to maintain your streak, btw. You just need to meet the minimum total pi requirement to avoid those AI death squads.

It is a tactic used by players, not kabam ;)

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Keep at least 2~3 original 3*bots without any upgrade.
    Keep at least two teams of 1000+ bots (without Ratchet, SW and Arcee of course)
    Starting from 8 or 9 streak, use the 2/3 strategy to reach 15 streak.

Do some math, if the enemy leader has a rating of about 1/3 of total rating, the team is well balanced, don't choose it. Choose those which has a very strong leader (usually a 1700+ Motormaster) and use your unupgraded bot to feed to him. The other two should be within reason.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Haha, @KillMasterC , sorry bro but you're gonna get smashed with that strategy.

It's very rare that you'll ever face a team of two weak and one über bot. Much more common is two powerful bots and one very weak bot.

If you pick the team that has a bot clearly more than 1/3 of the team's rating, then you can expect one bot to be very weak and the second bot to be about as strong as the first, meaning you're probably gonna lose two of the fights.

If you pick the well balanced team, but you yourself have a team that isn't balanced, you can throw one fight in order to win the other two, advancing your win streak until you get to 15.

After 15, don't use any weak bots or you'll go up against a deathsquad
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Thanks. Seems adequate, I'll reconsider this. Maybe it was luck that got me thru 15 streak. But today's bounty arena is impossible. I can't get past 14.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    edited August 2017
    use the sandbagging technique.. 2 1000 rating+ bots, and 1 unleveled bot (<200 if possible).. starting from streak 7 you can start doing this.. or later (streak 8 or 9) if you have confident of beating the AI. Able to go past streak 15 with this technique.

for crystal cornupia will be different.. it lasts till streak 16 (hard mode). Once past that you can't use 3 4* bots else you're screwed (will meet 2.7k bots). If wanna use 4* bots mix them with 3*s, 2* or 1*s. As for sandbagging it applies here too till streak 16.. mix with 1 unleveled bot each time till it becomes easy at streak 17. For crystal cornupia battles become harder earlier so around streak 5 u have to use 700-800 PI bots else the enemies will be tough.
  • MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    I usually cruise until match 13. I use the same team sir the last three matches. They are all 3 stars, with their synergy and matchups I can usually eek out 2/3. I never have a low level not to sacrifice. I have eight 3* bot teams and now 4* bot teams and only have to use 60 to 90 energon to revive them and have my 15 streak in the first hour