Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Hound SERIOUSLY needs fixing!

@Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike
Hound SERIOUSLY needs to be reworked or buffed! He was horrible before Update 8.0 and he still is!
321n7b0x7yfx.png
I have suggestions:
- Whenever Hound switches Ammo, he purifies all debuffs.
- Precision Ammo grants Increase Critical rate and damage as well as Increased ranged Speed.
- Flaming Ammo has a 50% chance to deal a Burn debuff (5 stacks max).
- Special 1 deals Resist down and 3 Burns.
- Special 2 deals 5 Bleeds and 3 Burns.
- Special 3 deals Resist down, 2 Burns and 5 Bleeds.

Comments

• BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited September 2019
    I played him recently and I think everyone who says he is the worst bot playing with him wrong.. He is not purely a ranged bot, heavies are an important tool of his arsenal.. just try to swap precision ammo, and throw a special 2 after you land a heavy :)
    He is mainly a ranged bot but he is not as pillow fisted like pure ranged bots like shockwave or starscream, he can punch pretty good too.. and the crit resist on the heavy, and the armor what he gets is for meelee fights too..

I don't want to say he is an awesome bot but It I think he is not AS BAD AS everyone days.. and don't forget his nice synergy too :)
  • Hound needs a buff. He doesn’t hit as hard as he should for being the size of Optimus.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited September 2019
    Any bot buff suggestion coming from the player that thinks Player Megatronus' should be buffed to have the same abilities as the Chapter 4 Megatronus boss should be ignored.

Seriously.
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited September 2019
    Manthro wrote: »
    Any bot buff suggestion coming from the player that thinks Player Megatronus' should be buffed to have the same abilities as the Chapter 4 Megatronus boss should be ignored.

Seriously.
    @Manthro is right here boys.
    But that isn't the same person if I'm not mistaken.
  • Manthro wrote: »

Seriously.

That was a Joke. I don't actually want Megatronus to have those abilities. He would be broken and overpowered beyond belief. Plus the Abilities would be super confusing to understand.
    GeneralZ9 wrote: »

Seriously.

That was a Joke. I don't actually want Megatronus to have those abilities. He would be broken and overpowered beyond belief. Plus the Abilities would be super confusing to understand.

Suuuuuuure it was 😏

• GeneralZ9 wrote: »

Seriously.

Tronus already broken.. Too much abilities for one bot and every ability is great itself.. The worst move from Kabam to give him to the players as a playable bot... :/

Seriously.

Tronus already broken.. Too much abilities for one bot and every ability is great itself.. The worst move from Kabam to give him to the players as a playable bot... :/

You're only mad cause you don't have him.

Seriously.

Yes, I am a jelaous 9 year old kid who constantly crying for Tronus and Wheeljack.. you got me now... :,(
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    - Precision Ammo ignores projectile Reflect
    - SP3 on Inferno Ammo inflicts a permanent burn debuff dealing 0 damage

2 simple changes that’ll make him much better
  • Hound is pretty bad. He can’t deal damage, he can’t take damage, his Precision Ammo is only useful against four bots in the game, his Burns and Bleeds are weak, he’s just a mess.
  • Somewhere I found a link to the bots that were listed as best to worst, and Hound was near the bottom, as one of the worst. I admit when I first started using Hound he seemed all but useless.

Now the same Hound I started with is 4-stars and awakened, leveled up to tier 2 or 3. I take him on raids that have a lot of scouts, and even though he is something like 2,000 and change he can take out 2 or even 3 scouts at a similar or slightly higher level.

I fight on auto, not on manual, but I time the specials. You get the timing right with this guy and he can be really good. I have fought manually with him a few times, and it's a rhythm and timing thing. Get it right and he does a fair bit of damage, then you can launch your special 1. Get it wrong and he takes hits like a punching bag.

Work on your timing, put him against scouts, and you will see he's actually pretty good.
    edited October 2019
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Hound is pretty bad. He can’t deal damage, he can’t take damage, his Precision Ammo is only useful against four bots in the game, his Burns and Bleeds are weak, he’s just a mess.

Sideswipe
    WB
    Mirage
    Cheetor
    DOTM Bee
    GS Bee
    Barricade
    Prowl
    Arcee
    Hot Rod

Is a lot more than 4 bots... Just sayin.

He's not nearly as bad as everyone thinks he is. I'll take Hound all day over BC if they were my only choices
  • Agreed, not that bad once you get to know him.
    And he's a good companion for my MV1.
    Hound is pretty bad. He can’t deal damage, he can’t take damage, his Precision Ammo is only useful against four bots in the game, his Burns and Bleeds are weak, he’s just a mess.

Sideswipe
    WB
    Mirage
    Cheetor
    DOTM Bee
    GS Bee
    Barricade
    Prowl
    Arcee
    Hot Rod

He's not nearly as bad as everyone thinks he is. I'll take Hound all day over BC if they were my only choices

You been sipping on that honey jack? BC is miles better than hound. Just BC sig alone beats hound.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    w3045jew4scd.gif

Seriously.

Yes, I am a jelaous 9 year old kid who constantly crying for Tronus and Wheeljack.. you got me now... :,(

I was being sarcastic bro... No need to make me seem like a bad guy. I mean, if you really are a 9 year old kid, I guess you can cry. I feel like Tronus as a God maybe shouldn't have been put into play, but I guess it works.

Sideswipe
    WB
    Mirage
    Cheetor
    DOTM Bee
    GS Bee
    Barricade
    Prowl
    Arcee
    Hot Rod

G1 Bee, Sideswipe and Cheetor only Evade Melee. So WB, Mirage, Barricade, Arcee, Prowl, Jazz and Hot Rod. Cool, now my weak shots can land and do their intended negligible damage.

Also, Megatronus still sucks. He does everything except increase critical damage and deal DOT. Him becoming a playable character removed any discussion about who the best character in the game is.
    edited October 2019

Sideswipe
    WB
    Mirage
    Cheetor
    DOTM Bee
    GS Bee
    Barricade
    Prowl
    Arcee
    Hot Rod

G1 Bee, Sideswipe and Cheetor only Evade Melee. So WB, Mirage, Barricade, Arcee, Prowl, Jazz and Hot Rod. Cool, now my weak shots can land and do their intended negligible damage.

Also, Megatronus still sucks. He does everything except increase critical damage and deal DOT. Him becoming a playable character removed any discussion about who the best character in the game is.

Cheetor certainly does not evade only melee. Hound prevents him from dashing through basic ranged, or launching a heavy through it.

Hound does substantially more damage on basic ranged than most other bots.

His ranged attacks do near melee level damage. I suspect you are comparing his unranked damage to a much higher level bot.

And when did we start talking about Megatronus?

I dislike Megatronus immensely and refuse to use him, so you get no argument from me in that one regardless
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Sadly, Hound has been released back in April. Since Kabam is rolling out balance upgrade on a "bot of the month" basis, we can't expect him to benefit from it soon.
  • @Manthro i agree about his sig, but his sig is what makes him better defensively. I look at it the same I I do rhinox’s sig. it’s a good backup for when they’re getting pummelled.

Also, his sp3 gives a fairly lengthy bleed. Max out deep wounds and the same can be said of his sp2, and his sp1 becomes more viable.

Sure he’s not great offensively as he is defensive, but no bot should be a jack of all trades. Many that are good offensive suck at defence. Look at g1 prime. He’s terrible as a defender. But I wouldn’t turn him down on offence. Good defensive mechanics are just as vital as offensive, especially for the opposing bot.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897

Sideswipe
    WB
    Mirage
    Cheetor
    DOTM Bee
    GS Bee
    Barricade
    Prowl
    Arcee
    Hot Rod

You been sipping on that honey jack? BC is miles better than hound. Just BC sig alone beats hound.

While BC's Sig is good in theory, the reality is that you can't utilize it effectively, because the vast majority of his bleeds are too short for it to actually give you any kind of advantage... Unless you enjoy getting punched in the face to trigger his longest duration bleeds.

Every bleed he can land on offense comes off a heavy or special attack, so you lose time trying to line up the next hit for the power/Crit gains and debuffs.. if you're lucky you get one or two hits in.

Players are reduced to spamming heavy attacks in order to try and make use of it, which is a strategy that simply does not work in the most difficult content.

On the other hand, Hound's Sig is relevant in every match except for absorb ranged.

BC is an effective defense bot, who could be tweaked to be more effective offensively, but at the moment he is terrible. All he really needs is longer duration bleeds, while leaving the overall damage dealt alone. I personally would double the duration of all his bleeds across the board. So, if a bleed deals 80% damage over 2.5s, just make it deal 80% damage over 5s instead. Voila... BC actually becomes great just like that.

Hound is good if players are willing to pull their heads out of their asses and try to understand that he needs to be played differently.

There are a bunch of bots that require different gameplay:

JF
    Mixmaster
    Dinobot
    Hound
    Blaster
    Waspinator
    Starscream

Just to name a few.

All are effective, but need more thought put into technique when using them.

@OptimalOptimus_MV1

Sideswipe
    WB
    Mirage
    Cheetor
    DOTM Bee
    GS Bee
    Barricade
    Prowl
    Arcee
    Hot Rod

While BC's Sig is good in theory, the reality is that you can't utilize it effectively, because the vast majority of his bleeds are too short for it to actually give you any kind of advantage... Unless you enjoy getting punched in the face to trigger his longest duration bleeds.

Every bleed he can land on offense comes off a heavy or special attack, so you lose time trying to line up the next hit for the power/Crit gains and debuffs.. if you're lucky you get one or two hits in.

Players are reduced to spamming heavy attacks in order to try and make use of it, which is a strategy that simply does not work in the most difficult content.

On the other hand, Hound's Sig is relevant in every match except for absorb ranged.

BC is an effective defense bot, who could be tweaked to be more effective offensively, but at the moment he is terrible. All he really needs is longer duration bleeds, while leaving the overall damage dealt alone. I personally would double the duration of all his bleeds across the board. So, if a bleed deals 80% damage over 2.5s, just make it deal 80% damage over 5s instead. Voila... BC actually becomes great just like that.

Hound is good if players are willing to pull their heads out of their asses and try to understand that he needs to be played differently.

There are a bunch of bots that require different gameplay:

JF
    Mixmaster
    Dinobot
    Hound
    Blaster
    Waspinator
    Starscream

Just to name a few.

All are effective, but need more thought put into technique when using them.

I don't think its because of playstyle. Even if one was fantastic at using hound, they will know that someone like Drift, Scorp and bludgeon are better. I know one thing about hounds sig that's a bit awful. If he rolls, it may put him into more danger than he actually was in. His damage, burns, and specials are weak.

For bonecrusher, he definitely is better than hound but he needs some sort of buff, which i agree with. Perhaps his bleeds should last longer? And maybe when he crits on melee he 100% bleeds? I think that might be good, though open for a change.

Sideswipe
    WB
    Mirage
    Cheetor
    DOTM Bee
    GS Bee
    Barricade
    Prowl
    Arcee
    Hot Rod

Cheetor certainly does not evade only melee. Hound prevents him from dashing through basic ranged, or launching a heavy through it.

Hound does substantially more damage on basic ranged than most other bots.

His ranged attacks do near melee level damage. I suspect you are comparing his unranked damage to a much higher level bot.

And when did we start talking about Megatronus?

I dislike Megatronus immensely and refuse to use him, so you get no argument from me in that one regardless

You’re right, Cheetor can evade Ranged, I forgot about that and was only thinking of his Feral Strike. But I compare his damage to some same rank bots, he is still weak.
    Movie Prime has ranged attacks that deal about two-thirds the damage of his light attacks
    Movie Bee has ranged attacks that deal more damage than his light attacks
    Ironhide very nearly does the same damage on his ranged attacks as his light attacks
    Hound is roughly tied with Drift, with ranged attacks dealing about three-fourths of the damage of light attacks
    Grindor has ranged attacks that deal about two-thirds the damage of his light attacks against a low power opponent
    Barricade has ranged attacks that deal more damage than his light attacks
    Demotron and Mixmaster very nearly do the same damage in their ranged attacks as their light attacks
    Bonecrusher has ranged attacks that deal about three-fourths the damage of his light attacks

Drift gets a pass though thanks to his critical based buffs serving as an artificial attack buff and all his strong and frequent Bleeds. Hound has a crit resist debuff, which is unique, but it’s too short to make much use of it.

And I bring up Megatronus because other people brought him up.