Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Rather have no new content then content to waste my time/energy for 3* bots.

We all been preaching that we need more content but why does it have to be RNG dependent.Ive been doing all these special quests n got nothing but 3*s.If I go all month wasting my time for 3*s what’s the point of new content if it does absolutely nothing to help you progress.Just to waste my time?

I know there will be the chosen few who get 5*s but what about the majority who do the same amount of work and get nothing but crap it’s pointless.

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Damn those lottery winners too. We all buy lottery tickets but only some chosen ones win.

It's crystals, just how it goes with them. The special event is optional and also very short if you choose to play it. Not even high energy usage. Play spotlight if you want guaranteed rewards.
  • Look, I get the frustration. You want a good chance to get 5* bots, I understand. However, getting only 3* bots is anything but crap. So far, I have opened 8 Hallowed Crystals (probably should have saved them like most of the elite players are doing, but oh well). I've gotten 7 3* (3 of them duped) and 1 duped 4*. And I'm fine with that. Know why? Even if I got 35 3* bots from Hallowed Crystals (the amount you should get by completing all 8 sessions of the Day 0 12-hour missions... 32 directly plus the 3 you will create from the Hallowed Crystal Shards), that's still enough to give 3 Guaranteed 4* Bot Crystal from the 4* shards every time you get a 3* bot. And you get 500 5* shards for opening a 4* Crystal, meaning at worst you can get 1500 5* shards. And that's just if you get 35 unduped 3* Bots from the Hallowed Crystals. If you dupe a 3*, you get some nice Ore-13s you can use to upgrade bots, and 1000 Bot Chips. Point is, even if you have rotten luck (like I do much of the time), you're still building up to ultimately get and upgrade 5* Bots.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    I managed a 3* nemesis prime. Never had nemesis yet. So im happy so far.
  • DragmaDragma Posts: 70
    2 words....

Forge fodder
  • 3* has a 85% chance per crystal

Open 1 crystal, you’re mad to expect not a 3*

The chance of getting all 3* in a sequence of 4 pulls is still 52-53%

You’re probably getting all 3*

So it’s fair to say that you can expect a 3* every time

On the rare occasion you don’t get a 3*, expect a 4* , which is 9 times more likely that a 5*

You can expect to probably get a 5* after opening 67 crystals

Even then it’s not unfair if you don’t
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    If you don’t like it just don’t do it lmao
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    If you don’t like it just don’t do it lmao

Haven't pulled a 5* yet, but had a good bit of 4*s.
    gkod6qoealqz.jpg
  • Earlier, i had duped my 5 star magnus from the hallowed crystals, and now, i have been awarded a 5 star Nemesis Prime just like some others. This shows that doing the missions are definitely worth it, as you have a lot of shots for a 5 star. Even if you only get a bunch of 3 stars, you can get a 4 star from the shards. Even then, you are bound to get a 4 star or two from the crystals.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2019
    These missions are by far the best rewards to effort/difficulty ratio this game has ever seen.

You get 4.5 chances at a 5* bot for each set of missions.

That ends up being over 40 3-5* crystals thus far.

Do you know how much energon those 40 crystals would have cost you?

Over 8k energon.

Kabam just handed you about $300 worth of free pulls for nothing more than 80 mission energy... If you're commander level 60 you can do all the day 0 missions without using a refill in about 5 minutes.

This event is AWESOME. It's sad that you can't see the value in it. Who cares if you draw all 3* bots.

That's RNG for you.

I've only pulled 2 4* bots so far, and I'm ecstatic with how generous Kabam has been with this event.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited November 2019
    As an update... Have opened 28 Hallowed Crystals so far. 2 4* Dupes & the rest were 3* Dupes & Bots. That translates to 2600 4* Shards & 1000 5* Shards, plus some nice Ore-13s & about 40000+ Bot Chips. And thanks to some timely Epic Away Missions which gave me an additional 3300+ 5* shards, I only needed to open 1 4* Crystals to get enough shards for a 5* Crystal... and this is who I got...

q6xa87n5e4yf.png

So in an indirect way, I got a 5* bot thanks to the Hallowed Crystals. I have 2 unopened Hallowed Crystals with a chance to get up to 5 more in the Night 3 Mission still to come.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    These missions are by far the best rewards to effort/difficulty ratio this game has ever seen.

Over 8k energon.

Kabam just handed you about $300 worth of free pulls for nothing more than 80 mission energy... If you're commander level 60 you can do all the day 0 missions without using a refill in about 5 minutes.

This event is AWESOME. It's sad that you can't see the value in it. Who cares if you draw all 3* bots.

That's RNG for you.

I've only pulled 2 4* bots so far, and I'm ecstatic with how generous Kabam has been with this event.

I just pulled a 5* Grindor from spinning a single Hallowed crystal (from shards). Seeing all of the pulls, I think it's safe to say that superstition does not affect the output/outcome of the crystals. I also pulled 4* NP 2 different times. Some have hoarded all their crystals and only pulled 4*s. RNG offers no guarantees.
  • Manthro wrote: »

Over 8k energon.

That's RNG for you.

With this...I got to say...this is crazy...and the added bonus of putting those 100$ 5* bundles making a 5* bot worth 100$...yikes...excellent rewards!

P.S is ironhide worth a lot? XD
  • Gutzdeep wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more... talk about pissing me the F off and a complete waste of time grinding this CRAP... managed to obtain every hallowed crap crystal and to be honest had minimal expectations knowing how they have rigged the crystal's in this game... but was thinking with the amount of hallowed crystals i would get and the "so called rates listed" (lol riiiight) I would at least get one 4* bot but no more than one and most likely someone crappy not worth it like usual... but nope ALL 3* fodder trash crap! A complete and utter waste of time and effort.

Its been since before thundercrack was released that I have gotten anything anyone would even consider worth a crap from any crystal. Just to toss this out there too I have NEVER gotten a 5* from anything other than the actual 5* crystal and even then with the so called even chance of every bot I have gotten the same bottom of the barrel 4 bots more than once and never anyone in the upper tier or hell one I even wanted.

Chill. You seriously can't tell me your math skills are that bad? You just said you saw the drop rate percentages ... so you shouldn't be surprised.
    And what waste of time and effort? Seriously these missions were so short and easy that all four tiers could be completed within 5-10 minutes. These crystals were basically free.

I'm going to stop here, simply because @Manthro and everyone else has already said it. No need to beat a dead horse. Or bot.

And yes. I've never gotten a 5* from any other crystal than a 5* crystal. And I'm okay with that.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Even with all 3* pulls (which is what i was expecting since hey, RNG!), what @Nightpath said rings true.
    At most 20min (hello 2GB RAM Android loading times!) of your time for 4 days would've gotten you at LEAST 24-26x Halloween Crystals.
    Which would've equaled 2.5x 4* Bots. Which is nice fodder for your 5* champ.
    AT WORST.

My pulls, however; reflect our KABAM Overlords finally taking pity on a player, whom despite having played for over 1yr, still spends on those 300 energon 3-5* crystals like a chump.

Thanks guys
  • I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, OP. I understand being frustrated and we appreciate the feedback, however, I'm closing this thread due to the direction this thread is starting to go.
This discussion has been closed.